IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

This seems a familiar tale....Screenshot_20190821-141442_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1ab3423cad7ebb3583bd441d095b989a.jpg

Considering they don't actually own the land, I feel they're jumping the gun a tad.

If someone started building something in my garden, I would be a tad pissed off, unless it was a nice outhouse with a hot tub in it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

32 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

This seems a familiar tale....Screenshot_20190821-141442_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1ab3423cad7ebb3583bd441d095b989a.jpg

I have to laugh with the use of the term "advanced stages with the council".

Even if this takeover is happening, at this 'stage', the best you will get from the council is some warm words that they are "on-board" and maybe some pre-application discussions that would set out some basic parameters. They seem to forget that the council have never turned down any stadium applications of theirs in the past......they never happened due to the fact they were either pie in the sky and/or they never had the funding.

None of that means anything to actually going through the planning process and building a stadium. For that you need money, land and planning permission......the 3 things they don't have and will have to go through the hoops to attain. As Waely has said numerous times "these things take time" and that's before you hit the inevitable bumps in the road like land ownership, local opposition groups and dare I tempt it, judicial reviews.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I have to laugh with the use of the term "advanced stages with the council".

Even if this takeover is happening, at this 'stage', the best you will get from the council is some warm words that they are "on-board" and maybe some pre-application discussions that would set out some basic parameters. They seem to forget that the council have never turned down any stadium applications of theirs in the past......they never happened due to the fact they were either pie in the sky and/or they never had the funding.

None of that means anything to actually going through the planning process and building a stadium. For that you need money, land and planning permission......the 3 things they don't have and will have to go through the hoops to attain. As Waely has said numerous times "these things take time" and that's before you hit the inevitable bumps in the road like land ownership, local opposition groups and dare I tempt it, judicial reviews.

Along with good old Marvin getting questioned about his involvement and the scrapping of a stadium literally within spitting distance....

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Believe so, but the price of land compared to the price of land with permission to build on it is likely to be very different I would guess.

That beggars the question then, why on earth would they apply before they supposedly own the land? It's madness isn't it or bullshit? I wonder which one it is! ;)

54 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I work in the Construction Industry in Bristol. There isn’t a great deal in the above even resembling accuracy. A lot of conjecture in there. I’d say his “Property Contact” is one of they gurt Ted’s having a bit of fun.

Has the land been purchased yet? That’s not a ten minute exercise even after agreeing a price. When the land is purchased there will be 101 surveys required before you can even think about building a football stadium. Hope Wally has plenty of 50p’s down the back of his sofa for that.

As others have said there is the small matter of Planning Permission to be obtained. You don’t just phone up the Council and they “oh yeah, love the scheme, when can you start”? There will need to a formal application made, a consultation period to factor in. Opposition is as guaranteed as night follows day. Amendments may need to be made to the original scheme in for planning which mean resubmission. Bristol Planning Department is notoriously slow in reacting to anything. Anyone remember Ashton Vale?

After getting Planning Permission you need to work up the design in DETAIL and check costs at every stage. If costs go too far North you have to Value Engineer but within the constraints of the Planning Permission otherwise it’s a resubmission.

There will no doubt be significant associated infrastructure works that have to be provided with the scheme.

They will need to tender the works which can be done without planning but adds to risk. Tenders need to be examined, a preferred bidder identified, contract terms agreed.

The best bit, they have to get full funding in place but will need significant funding up front as there is a lot of cost before you’ve even dug a trench. They will have planning conditions to discharge before they start such as detailed Transport Plans.

There will be a mobilisation period before works commence. Construction contracts can be high risk, as much mitigation of that as you can make doesn’t guarantee there won’t be delays or unknown issues not picked up in surveys. A bloody bird could nest at just the wrong time (gives me an idea?).

There is lots more in addition to the above. The point being this isn’t the five minute exercise they think it is......even if his Property Contact convinced him it was!!

• Like 8
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

That beggars the question then, why on earth would they apply before they supposedly own the land? It's madness isn't it or bullshit? I wonder which one it is! ;)

Odd one, but I suppose you don't want a load of land you can't do anything with, so it could be a case that it's a calculated decision.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I work in the Construction Industry in Bristol. There isn’t a great deal in the above even resembling accuracy. A lot of conjecture in there. I’d say his “Property Contact” is one of they gurt Ted’s having a bit of fun.

Has the land been purchased yet? That’s not a ten minute exercise even after agreeing a price. When the land is purchased there will be 101 surveys required before you can even think about building a football stadium. Hope Wally has plenty of 50p’s down the back of his sofa for that.

As others have said there is the small matter of Planning Permission to be obtained. You don’t just phone up the Council and they “oh yeah, love the scheme, when can you start”? There will need to a formal application made, a consultation period to factor in. Opposition is as guaranteed as night follows day. Amendments may need to be made to the original scheme in for planning which mean resubmission. Bristol Planning Department is notoriously slow in reacting to anything. Anyone remember Ashton Vale?

After getting Planning Permission you need to work up the design in DETAIL and check costs at every stage. If costs go too far North you have to Value Engineer but within the constraints of the Planning Permission otherwise it’s a resubmission.

There will no doubt be significant associated infrastructure works that have to be provided with the scheme.

They will need to tender the works which can be done without planning but adds to risk. Tenders need to be examined, a preferred bidder identified, contract terms agreed.

The best bit, they have to get full funding in place but will need significant funding up front as there is a lot of cost before you’ve even dug a trench. They will have planning conditions to discharge before they start such as detailed Transport Plans.

There will be a mobilisation period before works commence. Construction contracts can be high risk, as much mitigation of that as you can make doesn’t guarantee there won’t be delays or unknown issues not picked up in surveys. A bloody bird could nest at just the wrong time (gives me an idea?).

There is lots more in addition to the above. The point being this isn’t the five minute exercise they think it is......even if his Property Contact convinced him it was!!

If the 15ers continue to lose money at their current run rate (is it £60k per week?) with fewer season ticket holders and ever dwindling gates, will they even exist by the time that the Camp New is built?

26 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

If the 15ers continue to lose money at their current run rate (is it £60k per week?) with fewer season ticket holders and ever dwindling gates, will they even exist by the time that the Camp New is built?

Who cares. I've no doubt, at 20k (?) it will be big enough for the rugby boys. How ironic would that be? ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I believe you will find Mr Roady is deliberately winding up our friends on the Rovers forum as a way of settling scores with some elderly gentlemen who have realised the money is about to run out and made the mistake of posting about it. Naturally, being a highly valued personal friend of the Al-Qadi family, he wishes to dispel such rumours until the Mem sale has been safely concluded.    

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

recession that's news to me,i for one can tell you there is a massive lack of tradesman out there to keep up with the work. Where do they get there info from is a mystery to me

Is there a lack of capacity, a lack of demand or both? And won't the ending of free movement make the former worse? Which in turn makes it harder to find the skilled people to build a stadium, or any major project?

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

They are banking on Marvin the *** underwriting the cost of the whole shebang.

Something is definitely "off" about that gentleman .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

They are banking on Marvin the *** underwriting the cost of the whole shebang.

Something is definitely "off" about that gentleman .

Compulsory purchase of the land seems to be their expectation. That would go down well with Council Tax payers. Or not.

15 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

They will go into administration before they get a ground,

its strange how they seem to be following clubs like bury and Bolton lately 

I am told that Voluntary Liquidation is more likely because an Administrator has the primary duty of trying to keeping a business going which would not be advantageous if you are looking to get your loan repaid.  

• Like 3