IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I had the misfortune of bumping into one of the more vocal true blues on Sunday evening after many ciders had been consumed, he was absolutely convinced their average support numbers per season were much higher than what they actually are, sadly I was not able to find a list of actual numbers.

But they really do believe they get number regularly over 10k

Deluded. Must come naturally to them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

then you get bits like this

'Clubs like Reading and Brighton along with Hull and Swansea are all historically smaller clubs than us imo.

We should be looking to emulate them all by getting to the Premier League, or at the very least Championship.'

who is he trying to kid,in comparison,they are like a drop of rats piss compared to those and as for the prem, flip me 'arriet,  does he mean the premiere non league league?? or does toolstation have a championship?

Errr, wut?

I think they're mixing up Rovers with City. It's potentially arguable that City maaay at one time or another been as 'big a club', or on a par with, the likes of Brighton, Swansea, Reading and Hull. But even that isn't really the case today. All those clubs have, in the first analysis, tasted Premier League football and relatively recently. Some have even won major honours (Swansea won the EFL cup a few years back).

Let's face it, we are behind those four clubs. And Rovers are way behind us. Miles behind at every level.

They have really lost the plot. They've spent the vast majority of their history in the 3rd tier. They are a proverbial Astronomical Unit from the likes of Reading or Brighton. Rovers are far closer to being approximate to a Shrewsbury, a Chesterfield, or a Mansfield Town.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OneCity said:

They have really lost the plot. They've spent the vast majority of their history in the 3rd tier. They are a proverbial Astronomical Unit from the likes of Reading or Brighton. Rovers are far closer to being approximate to a Shrewsbury, a Chesterfield, or a Mangotsfield Town.

FTFY

27 minutes ago, phantom said:

I had the misfortune of bumping into one of the more vocal true blues on Sunday evening after many ciders had been consumed, he was absolutely convinced their average support numbers per season were much higher than what they actually are, sadly I was not able to find a list of actual numbers.

But they really do believe they get number regularly over 10k

But it's quite simple.  When they count, they know that each of them is their sister's father, uncle and grandfather.  So that's 4 people wrapped in one body.

1 hour ago, OneCity said:

Errr, wut?

I think they're mixing up Rovers with City. It's potentially arguable that City maaay at one time or another been as 'big a club', or on a par with, the likes of Brighton, Swansea, Reading and Hull. But even that isn't really the case today. All those clubs have, in the first analysis, tasted Premier League football and relatively recently. Some have even won major honours (Swansea won the EFL cup a few years back).

Let's face it, we are behind those four clubs. And Rovers are way behind us. Miles behind at every level.

They have really lost the plot. They've spent the vast majority of their history in the 3rd tier. They are a proverbial Astronomical Unit from the likes of Reading or Brighton. Rovers are far closer to being approximate to a Shrewsbury, a Chesterfield, or a Mansfield Town.

Hmmm, not sure about Hull & Reading. Yes I know they've recently been in the Prem, BUT when not in the Prem, their gates are very poor  esp Hull's.

Edited by slartibartfast

" I’m 100% convinced, supply a ground on the level of Ashton Gate, fund the team accordingly and we’d be averaging over 20,000 a season I’m sure."

However, where would these extra spectators come from? If they already exist, they are hardly supports if they continue to stay away.

32 minutes ago, 22A said:

" I’m 100% convinced, supply a ground on the level of Ashton Gate, fund the team accordingly and we’d be averaging over 20,000 a season I’m sure."

However, where would these extra spectators come from? If they already exist, they are hardly supports if they continue to stay away.

I'm 100% convinced that if I had as much money as Steve Lansdown, I too would be a billionaire.

I like this game; it's so easy to play.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I'm 100% convinced that if I had as much money as Steve Lansdown, I too would be a billionaire.

I like this game; it's so easy to play.

I’m 100% convinced if I was Brad Pitt, I would already have slept with Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie. You’re right @Rudolf Hucker, this IS fun. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

I’m 100% convinced if I was Brad Pitt, I would already have slept with Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie. You’re right @Rudolf Hucker, this IS fun. 

I'm 100% convinced if I was Rudolph, I would have already slept with Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie and Stacey Penton and Mrs Hucker..........

• Haha 5

We’ve got 2nd May coming up this Sunday when they will be posting their annual grainy YouTube video of 1990 and having mutual manual manipulations over it.

Fortunately we can also post memories of 2nd May 2001 when they entered the Basement for the first of their ‘triple crown’ of relegations to it. Then the following day we can laugh louder than they could ever possibly imagine for it will be Sir Colin Daniel of Mansfield day.

It’s like taunting us with a feather and being hit back with a wrecking ball. Still, they set themselves up nicely for it every single year.

Bring on the grainy video. Can’t wait to respond with the big guns! ?

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 8

Just now, Gert Mare said:

We’ve got 2nd May coming up this Sunday when they will be posting their annual grainy YouTube video of 1990 and having mutual manual manipulations over it.

Fortunately we can also post memories of 2nd May 2001 when they entered the Basement for the first of their ‘triple crown’ of relegations to it and then the following day we can laugh louder than they could ever possibly imagine for it will be Sir Colin of Mansfield day.

It’s like taunting us with a feather and being hit back with a wrecking ball. Still, they set themselves up nicely for it every single year.

May 2nd is my birthday and I`ve spent better ones than that evening in Bath. Eleven years later though.............................

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Gaslogic dictates that as long as you are "convinced" whatever it is you are convinced about becomes absolute fact.

8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

May 2nd is my birthday and I`ve spent better ones than that evening in Bath. Eleven years later though.............................

31 years ago. Most of their deluded social media posters weren’t even a seed in daddy’s sack when that happened, yet still post about it as if they were there, just like 1982.

The only derby they remember is a tinpot paint pot trophy encounter....which we have lifted 3 times incidentally.

Kept my Champions 1990 T-Shirt and changed it to 2015 to make it relevant....like adjusting their 1883 logo to 2015 to make that relevant! ?

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Banned User said:

Sort of bored of their relegation already, Gaschat is absolutely dead at the moment, the gifts are drying up (excluding the MASSIVE one we've just received).

Give it time. Joey`s court case is coming up and the realisation will sink in that they aren`t going to buy their way out of league 2 with the ten quid Wally will chuck in the hat. No doubt there are massive ground improvements on the way in the summer too which will rival the investment of several premier league clubs.

Tis always quietest before the storm.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Sort of bored of their relegation already, Gaschat is absolutely dead at the moment, the gifts are drying up (excluding the MASSIVE one we've just received).

Presumably the “10,000” who can’t wait for the first game of next season from the Blue “half” of Bristol are all on holiday?

3 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Fortunately we can also post memories of 2nd May 2001 when they entered the Basement for the first of their ‘triple crown’ of relegations to it. Then the following day we can laugh louder than they could ever possibly imagine for it will be Sir Colin Daniel of Mansfield day.

... and what cheers me up no end is that their 2001 relegation to the bottom division was confirmed when they lost 1-2 at home to Wycombe Wanderers ???? - and they’ve hated and harangued that club ever since, after dancing on the pitch at Wycombe 13 years later singing ‘we are staying up’ and ‘Bristol City, we’re coming for you’ they then plummeted into league 2 a few days later and they even threatened legal action against Wycombe for some reason or other related to the fact that they thought they had a God-given right to not be relegated .... they are special ... ??