IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Luke someone or another has signed on a season loan from Barnsley. JB says he shows we mean business, a great talent..................er, ONE goal in 58 starts, impressive !  :laughcont:

Did they need a new keeper..? 

He must be a keeper, right..?! 

• Haha 3

On 09/07/2021 at 13:30, cityal said:

0_WhatsApp-Image-2021-07-09-at-093607jpe

That expression does not scream "proud to be a gashead" (or even prowed to be a gashead)

More like fear of a career going down the drain

Cringeworthy in that cheap tat kit with that stupid badge which looks like something from Thunderbirds. You can almost see the strings attached to the dummy.

Why do they make all of their new recruits hold up that rediculous scarf. It's like the final part of the initiation ceremony. Then again if you're that desperate and have no shame you'd do almost anything I suppose.

• Like 1

The accounts have been filed for the football club; though are still outstanding and overdue for the Memorial Stadium and BRFC 1883 which is the holding company of both.

This is to June 2020 so the year before last missing most of Covid's financial effects.

The loss is down year on year from £3.3m to £2.4m.

More importantly WAQ has followed the Lansdowns in capitalising debt to the order of about £15m in teh football club meaning that the net liabilities have massively fallen from £15.9m to £1.8m which looks a lot healthier.

I have no idea what his personal wealth is but Rovers no longer look the time-limited financial basket case they did when they were being funded by a rapidly exhausing credit facility secured by a charge on the ground.

This last season - the season of the three managers and no spectators through Covid - will be much worse as it will be for all football clubs.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00051828/filing-history

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Melksham 1-1 Pikeys

Barnet 3-0 Pikeys

Early days, but not a great start..

"Yeah but no one counts preseason" or w/e they are saying over there. 

Preseason is going to be massively important when you've signed all those players. It doesn't matter if you're "getting your fitness back" a decent pre season can get you a good start of the season. 

Rivers have to sign players from Forest green, so that they actually believe that they are signing for a big club. 

It's all relative. A bit like someone buying a "nice" 10 year old fiesta, with 2 hub caps missing, when it's an upgrade on their 15 year old Lada that won't start any more...!

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The accounts have been filed for the football club; though are still outstanding and overdue for the Memorial Stadium and BRFC 1883 which is the holding company of both.

This is to June 2020 so the year before last missing most of Covid's financial effects.

The loss is down year on year from £3.3m to £2.4m.

More importantly WAQ has followed the Lansdowns in capitalising debt to the order of about £15m in teh football club meaning that the net liabilities have massively fallen from £15.9m to £1.8m which looks a lot healthier.

I have no idea what his personal wealth is but Rovers no longer look the time-limited financial basket case they did when they were being funded by a rapidly exhausing credit facility secured by a charge on the ground.

This last season - the season of the three managers and no spectators through Covid - will be much worse as it will be for all football clubs.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00051828/filing-history

Cheers for that.  Is it the BRFC 1883 ones which are the crux, as they will include the debt to Dwane Sports?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Cheers for that.  Is it the BRFC 1883 ones which are the crux, as they will include the debt to Dwane Sports?

I don't think they're going to contain any surprises; the result is basically as it stands.

That £15m debt was owed to 1883 and therefore hence on to Dwane Sports but has been cancelled and now 1883 owns more shares in the football club which it did anyway.

I'd suggest that it doesn't matter much whether the reamining debt sits in 1883 - owed to DS - or in DS because if there ever is a sale then it could be either DS or 1883 that is sold.

It will be interesting to see what is the position betweeen 1883 and DS but an owner with the intention of flogging off the club or asset stripping it is not going to convert debt to equity if only because of the tax advanatages of having it as debt - tax free repayment unlike dividends or sale proceeds / gains.

I flagged it up when it looked like Rovers were heading into losing their stadium under the charge set upon it but I am happy to now flag up that the club looks financially solid.

Or as financially solid as any non-premier league club does!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I don't think they're going to contain any surprises; the result is basically as it stands.

That £15m debt was owed to 1883 and therefore hence on to Dwane Sports but has been cancelled and now 1883 owns more shares in the football club which it did anyway.

I'd suggest that it doesn't matter much whether the reamining debt sits in 1883 - owed to DS - or in DS because if there ever is a sale then it could be either DS or 1883 that is sold.

It will be interesting to see what is the position betweeen 1883 and DS but an owner with the intention of flogging off the club or asset stripping it is not going to convert debt to equity if only because of the tax advanatages of having it as debt - tax free repayment unlike dividends or sale proceeds / gains.

I flagged it up when it looked like Rovers were heading into losing their stadium under the charge set upon it but I am happy to now flag up that the club looks financially solid.

We are as financially solid as Mr Al-Quidi’s elder brother wants us to be.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

WTF ?

18 hours ago, bert tann said:

We are as financially solid as Mr Al-Quidi’s elder brother wants us to be.

I didn't think that was any longer the case Bert.

Hence Hani coming off Dwane Developments' board.

Edit: 1883 accounts filed but not yet available.

Edited by Eddie Hitler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I didn't think that was any longer the case Bert.

Hence Hani coming off Dwane Developments' board.

Edit: 1883 accounts filed but not yet available.

Can you remind me who has control of Dwayne Sports and Dwayne developments, also who owns the colony? Thanks in advance.

42 minutes ago, Rich said:

Can you remind me who has control of Dwayne Sports and Dwayne developments, also who owns the colony? Thanks in advance.

Dwane Developments is Wael, used to be also Hani, though the last set of accounts showed nothing much happening and little in the way if assets.

The (my) expectation is that the Colony is currently owned by Dwane Sports and will be transferred into Dwane Developments. It isn't showing as an asset in the UK accounts of DD or 1883 (unless it's now gone into it in the latest as yet unavailable set of accounts).

Dwane Sports' ownership is thought to have been under family ownership similar to the Lansdowns for City but following the death of Al Qadi senior it looks to have been bought out entirely by Wael as the loan to 1883 was then allowed to exceed by some way the security in the stadium.

Initially it was set up capped at the stadium value of £20m.

Then this (last) year the £15m interco balance between the football club and 1883 was converted into shares.

As you can see there is a lot of speculation there but it is based upon the financial changes that have occurred and the ownership change to Dwane Developments.

Nobody, for instance, has seen a copy of Dwane Sports' accounts though if they did I suspect the ownership might be through at least one other company so they might not tell us anything.

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Dwane Developments is Wael, used to be also Hani, though the last set of accounts showed nothing much happening and little in the way if assets.

The (my) expectation is that the Colony is currently owned by Dwane Sports and will be transferred into Dwane Developments. It isn't showing as an asset in the UK accounts of DD or 1883 (unless it's now gone into it in the latest as yet unavailable set of accounts).

Dwane Sports' ownership is thought to have been under family ownership similar to the Lansdowns for City but following the death of Al Qadi senior it looks to have been bought out entirely by Wael as the loan to 1883 was then allowed to exceed by some way the security in the stadium.

Initially it was set up capped at the stadium value of £20m.

Then this (last) year the £15m interco balance between the football club and 1883 was converted into shares.

As you can see there is a lot of speculation there but it is based upon the financial changes that have occurred and the ownership change to Dwane Developments.

Nobody, for instance, has seen a copy of Dwane Sports' accounts though if they did I suspect the ownership might be through at least one other company so they might not tell us anything.

Thanks for that.

Looks like a lot of shunting around of the same debt originally used to purchase BRFC, plus the interest charged against it. Still the same position of Wael owning the club and having his investment protected by the value of the stadium. Plus the Colony seems to be owned independently with a possibility of being used for housing at a later date, if the adjacent site wins PP.

I know this puts the actual club in a similar position as others but, for them to improve and become really competitive, they'd need massive investment for a new stadium, something Wael doesn't seem able to provide.

• Like 1

The Club wishes to update supporters on the ticketing information for the 2021/22 pre-season season fixtures at the Memorial Stadium.

It's with regret that our pre-season encounter against Plymouth on Saturday, 17th July will now be played behind closed doors, with spectators not permitted to attend.

The Club has taken this decision due to an array of factors associated with the hosting of a test event before the COVID-19 restrictions are eased further from July 19th.

3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Wow, don't these 4th Div managers know jack shit about their own players ?

That's TEN Joey Bag has signed on frees, and everyone of them is a great lad, loads of experience, technically gifted and all wanted by clubs higher up. What is the matter with these managers to let these stars leave for nowt !

:yes:

I know they`re probably just playing for food but where is the money coming from? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Wow, don't these 4th Div managers know jack shit about their own players ?

That's TEN Joey Bag has signed on frees, and everyone of them is a great lad, loads of experience, technically gifted and all wanted by clubs higher up. What is the matter with these managers to let these stars leave for nowt !

:yes:

Haven’t heard of any of these expert the Barnsley player. But those ********* could sign any player and they spout there bullshit. They were getting erect this time last year and look what happened. But cause Joey Barton is God like for them because he has a few Twitter followers they are blinkered. Hope it goes tits up for that shitty little club with a *** for a manager 

• Like 2