IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

33 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Haven’t heard of any of these expert the Barnsley player. But those ********* could sign any player and they spout there bullshit. They were getting erect this time last year and look what happened. But cause Joey Barton is God like for them because he has a few Twitter followers they are blinkered. Hope it goes tits up for that shitty little club with a *** for a manager 

Excuse me but I think you have omitted a  *  between the n and the t probably.  Just trying to help.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I know they`re probably just playing for food but where is the money coming from? 

If rumours are to be beloved then the sags paid a hefty wage for the likes of Agent Little, Kyle Bennett (who was rumoured to be earning about £4k a week), Luke Leahy, James Daly ad a few others. 

Releasing them would've freed up wages. I think they've only paid for one of the signings (minus the loans which will probably have a small fee). 

3 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

I see Forest Green have lined up a preseason game against Yate Town.

In response, Rovers have announced they'll be playing Winterbourne's under 7s.

In fairness, that's a tough fixture, Winterbourne under 7's have been making great strides lately. It was only last year they were playing the year below.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

In fairness, that's a tough fixture, Winterbourne under 7's have been making great strides lately. It was only last year they were playing the year below.

Plus they might have kept this guy on as goalkeeping coach.

https://www.gazetteseries.co.uk/sport/4744843.winterbourne-united-attempt-to-sign-former-liverpool-goalkeeper-bruce-grobbelaar/

4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Wow, don't these 4th Div managers know jack shit about their own players ?

That's TEN Joey Bag has signed on frees, and everyone of them is a great lad, loads of experience, technically gifted and all wanted by clubs higher up. What is the matter with these managers to let these stars leave for nowt !

:yes:

This reminds me of when Rovers had Paul Buckle as manager. He signed a completely new team one summer and the supporters were drooling over the certainty of promotion. He was sacked in January 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

This reminds me of when Rovers had Paul Buckle as manager. He signed a completely new team one summer and the supporters were drooling over the certainty of promotion. He was sacked in January 

It will all end in years. AGAIN 

Bloody phone... Tears !!!

20 hours ago, Rich said:

Being an under 7 team,I’m assuming it’s a mix of boys ands girls.A tough one for the sags.

10 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

He’s only a poor little gashead. :laughcont:

The final paragraph of the article.

Despite recent attempts to cool things between him and the City fans, Ian Holloway remains public enemy number one at Ashton Gate with only one rival for the crown. But that’s another story…….

Who is that then?

Is he referring to the recently departed Mr. Ashton?

6 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Despite recent attempts to cool things between him and the City fans, Ian Holloway remains public enemy number one at Ashton Gate with only one rival for the crown. But that’s another story…….

Who is that then?

Colin....... 

Both a pair of C****

• Like 2

21 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Who is that then?

MUST be Pulis,surely?

13 hours ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

I would put Pulis ahead of Colin

I listened to Colin Murray's excellent interview with Holloway on his podcast recently, and came out with a grudging admiration for him.

The work he has done to learn how to cope with his disabled children, his passion for the game and for Bristol in general.

Of course all of us would see that passion as being misguided into the blue quarter, but if that was reversed I am sure he would be seen as a local hero. 

Of course he, like all of us, is a man of contradictions. Big enough to admire and admit being jealous of what Lansdown has done with his investment, and yet petty enough to stop a new signing from arriving at the training ground in a red car.

I often see Warnock referred as a "pantomime villian" and believe that it is unwarranted as I see a genuine nasty side to many of his comments, I feel Holloway fits that description far better.

• Like 2