IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Yeah. Being able to expand to about 35k would be a must have to me.

think we should aim appropriately as if we have no ceiling.

City might be ahead now in their 27k stadium but they have failed in their aim to make it to the prem. When they do well, they can come close to filling that stadium with the right opposition.

If we can make it to the championship I see no reason why we can’t draw similar crowds.

It’s absolute dream talk whilst we sit here in the lower half of league two but I see no reason why it can’t be us being the leading team in the city if we sort out our stadium situation and sort our sustainability out.

Basically I’ve done a really poor job of saying I think City have failed to capitalise on their situation and have now stagnated.

There’s a huge amount of untapped potential for a successful football team in the city and if we can get the stadium situation right I see no ceiling for our potential. 

Any less than 20k as a starting point lacks ambition, in fact 20k is probably right. However we should be able to expand to at least 30k, ideally 35k+ else IMO we’re complacent to be the second club in Bristol.

The delusion is strong in this one . 

The stadium was finished on August 2nd 2021 (according to their lord and master), but I have yet to see reviews or pictures of it, let alone any discussion about it's impact on the fortunes of the club. 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

City might be ahead now in their 27k stadium but they have failed in their aim to make it to the prem. When they do well, they can come close to filling that stadium with the right opposition.

If we can make it to the championship I see no reason why we can’t draw similar crowds.

It’s absolute dream talk whilst we sit here in the lower half of league two but I see no reason why it can’t be us being the leading team in the city if we sort out our stadium situation and sort our sustainability out.

Basically I’ve done a really poor job of saying I think City have failed to capitalise on their situation and have now stagnated.

There’s a huge amount of untapped potential for a successful football team in the city and if we can get the stadium situation right I see no ceiling for our potential. 

Any less than 20k as a starting point lacks ambition, in fact 20k is probably right. However we should be able to expand to at least 30k, ideally 35k+ else IMO we’re complacent to be the second club in Bristol.

Don’t really know where to start?

This turnip makes getting to the Premier League sound like child’s play, it genuinely isn’t that easy Sagheads.

35k capacity? ?

From the club that haven’t averaged over 10k for nearly 50 (FIFTY) years. ?

Where are all these extra ‘loyal n tru’ going to come from then? Why aren’t they filling the Mem now? Are they hoping to fill their soulless bowl at the Fruit Market with the Prawn Sandwich Brigade?

20k isn’t “right”, judging by their attendances since colour television 20k is ridiculously over optimistic. 

They’re the only club their size who’s fans come out with this shit, you never hear or see Doncaster Rovers fans or Lincoln fans on Social Media saying “ye we nEed a furty five k staydiyuM”

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

So let me get this straight.  Some time in the future, timescale naturally undefined, they’re going to need a 35k stadium which,  to put it into context,  would be bigger than those of 9 existing premier league clubs and every club in the championship.

It begs the question are they merely mad, raving mad or stark raving mad?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This turnip makes getting to the Premier League sound like child’s play, it genuinely isn’t that easy Sagheads.

35k capacity? ?

Where are all these extra ‘loyal n tru’ going to come from then? Why aren’t they filling the Mem now? Are they hoping to fill their soulless bowl at the Fruit Market with the Prawn Sandwich Brigade?

20k isn’t “right”, judging by their attendances since colour television 20k is ridiculously over optimistic. 

They’re the only club their size who’s fans come out with this shit, you never hear or see Doncaster Rovers fans or Lincoln fans on Social Media saying “ye we nEed a furty five k staydiyuM”

That’s from the ones locked outside, that would now be able to get in! ??

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

This sadact obviously doesn't realise that despite being at our lowest ebb in almost a decade we are still above the likes of Sunderland, Wednesday, Derby, Birmingham, Ipswich, Pompey and a multitude of successful clubs like Swansea. 

Good stagnation Saggy, building for the next attempt at promotion.

They generally don't know how irrelevant they are

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Taz said:

Also very convenient as it has a seat that turns into a toilet. 

That's nicked from Rupert St car park, I'm sure of it.

As for starting at 20k, wasn't their new hovel supposed to be 'potentially expandable to 20k'? 12-14 is it then, still won't fill it anyway, unless they draw us in the cup and we can fill it for them. 

Something like Shrewsbury or Colchester would be about right, loads of room for them.

OTIB.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Simster said:

I'd laugh except I'm a Brighton fan.  We went from a ground that was somehow even worse than theirs is, to pretty much what we have now having averaged 27,000 in the Championship for 3 seasons.

The difference there is you had a decent fan base prior to that & a history. Those cretins haven’t averaged 10k a season since 1976 & have the most mundane past of any football club . Their delusion is unbelievable . 

13 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

35k capacity? ?

"Turnip"  :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

Nobody comes close to POHH when selecting terminology for the fewers. ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

The difference there is you had a decent fan base prior to that & a history. Those cretins haven’t averaged 10k a season since 1976 & have the most mundane past of any football club . Their delusion is unbelievable . 

But nor had we since 1986 until the Amex got built:  England historical attendance and performance (european-football-statistics.co.uk) .  I think you have to be a bit careful talking about attendances - they weren't remotely comparable to modern day gates from the 70s to the 90s.

I think that bloke's delusion begins and ends at talking about a 35,000 seat stadium - anyone with any self awareness would surely talk about a 15-18,000 stadium and pray that it was a modular build, just in case things took off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Simster said:

But nor had we since 1986 until the Amex got built:  England historical attendance and performance (european-football-statistics.co.uk) .  I think you have to be a bit careful talking about attendances - they weren't remotely comparable to modern day gates from the 70s to the 90s.

I think that bloke's delusion begins and ends at talking about a 35,000 seat stadium - anyone with any self awareness would surely talk about a 15-18,000 stadium and pray that it was a modular build, just in case things took off.

And there you have it . Self awareness. This is the fanbase that have recently compared their away support to Liverpool & Leeds ?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

And there you have it . Self awareness. This is the fanbase that have recently compared their away support to Liverpool & Leeds ?

Compared themselves to Norwich City as well.

Lets not forget this...7634D17B-34F8-4A10-BFA8-30D3C41D99FF.thumb.jpeg.330146ab98ac674303789b1e60448711.jpeg

or this...

E6818B8B-FAC9-4BB0-A75E-AF35162C3177.jpeg
Now, I KNOW you shouldn’t judge a whole fanbase on a couple of posts (although in fairness you read this sort of thing from them all the time) however, living in Bristol and working with Sagheads, I know very well that a decent number of them actually think like these two. 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 17

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Compared themselves to Norwich City as well.

Lets not forget this...7634D17B-34F8-4A10-BFA8-30D3C41D99FF.thumb.jpeg.330146ab98ac674303789b1e60448711.jpeg

or this...

E6818B8B-FAC9-4BB0-A75E-AF35162C3177.jpeg
Now, I KNOW you shouldn’t judge a whole fanbase on a couple of posts (although in fairness you read this sort of thing from them all the time) however, living in Bristol and working with Sagheads, I know very well that a decent number of them actually think like these two. 

I had forgotten that one, bigger than Norwich, the rest and Leeds plus are ready to be the next Man Utd. Un bloody believable.

When did Leeds last have 6k at home?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Simster said:

I appreciate your view, but you have rebuilt in a bubble. Who are you rivals for your fanbase, Crawley Town? If you lived here you would see that they really haven't got the "base" they think they have. The only reason they think they have a large number of fans waiting to crawl from the woodwork is because their board represents their aging and slowly depleting following. It will be a minimum of 10 years before there might be a realistic chance of them having this new stadium at which point they will be attempting to build from almost nothing, and as I have said, they are not in the vacuum that your club had the advantage of.

• Like 1