IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Agree about the play offs, they have hit some decent form to be fair and I don't like being fair to them, it's a shit league so play offs should be a minimum for them really with their budget which must be one of the biggest in that league, only need to lose a couple on the bounce and its a different story tho.

Imagine the jailbird if he took them up out of the pub league? He would be unbearable! Eeeemm. ?

• Like 1

As long as we stay up I couldn’t give a monkeys if they do get promoted.

If they fail to get promoted, especially after Barton’s promises, I will laugh my bollocks off. 

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Imagine the jailbird if he took them up out of the pub league? He would be unbearable! Eeeemm. ?

Maybe.

But everyone will still think he’s a dick.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

As long as we stay up I couldn’t give a monkeys if they do get promoted.

If they fail to get promoted, especially after Barton’s promises, I will laugh my bollocks off. 

Maybe.

But everyone will still think he’s a dick.

The thing is, it`s difficult when you have to play a cup final every week.

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I see their “big” (in more ways than one) summer signing worked out well then…

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joey-barton-speaks-ahead-brett-6599512.amp

You know what you're getting with Pitman: a proven goal scorer who relies upon the ball being delivered to him in the box.

If your team isn't set up to deliver the ball to him in the box then you shouldn't buy him.

This isn't Pitman's failure; Barton shouldn't have bought him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

You know what you're getting with Pitman: a proven goal scorer who relies upon the ball being delivered to him in the box.

If your team isn't set up to deliver the ball to him in the box then you shouldn't buy him.

This isn't Pitman's failure; Barton shouldn't have bought him.

When I first saw this, I thought it was a bit of a weird one.

On reflection, the National League is only the next step down from where the G@s are now. I think a lot of the sides like Eastleigh would be more than a match for a lot of the teams in the English League basement division.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, supercidered said:

When I first saw this, I thought it was a bit of a weird one.

On reflection, the National League is only the next step down from where the G@s are now. I think a lot of the sides like Eastleigh would be more than a match for a lot of the teams in the English League basement division.

Probably pay a similar amount too. Would guess an ambitious conference side have full-time players and a salary that doesn't require them to carve out a second income.

On 03/02/2022 at 10:15, lenred said:

? #obsessed

My favourite comment from a gas head when this appeared again on Twitter was to say “they think we’re obsessed, but these 2 City fans are in OUR ground”.

Completely missing the fact that their accents are far more Black Sabbath than The Wurzels, they’re Villa fans, you dumb *****.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

54 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

My favourite comment from a gas head when this appeared again on Twitter was to say “they think we’re obsessed, but these 2 City fans are in OUR ground”.

Completely missing the fact that their accents are far more Black Sabbath than The Wurzels, they’re Villa fans, you dumb *****.

It doesn’t compute in their tiny, tiny peanut brains that other clubs fans can see what we’ve known for years.

Imagine you’re an away fan at the Mem and you hear a sudden cheer from the home support despite nothing of note happening on the pitch, then you notice that the scoreboard is showing that a goal has been scored against the home clubs far more superior rivals in a game somewhere else in the country in a higher division?

Personally I’d laugh my bollocks off. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, TomF said:

Oh look another ******* pen ?

That’s 6 in all competitions they have converted, no idea if they’ve missed any.

Sutton United are still part time, I think. Still I expect their friends in the media will be knocking one out over getting a draw with a late penalty.

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

I reckon they've got Tom Daley on their coaching staff.

Certainly interesting the number of their penalties that are described on the BBC live commentary as “draws a foul” so a dive, then.

Not something you would put past Barton, is it?

• Like 1

Some friends of mine who are die hard Newcastle fans said they are going to gas games now we have Elliot Anderson playing for us

They said he is utterly brilliant and they watched him against Arsenal and thought he was outstanding !

They are going to Oldham to watch him, silly sods :laugh:  

If this post doesn’t sum there fan base then nothing will. By Henbury gas 

The End 

• Haha 11

26 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Some friends of mine who are die hard Newcastle fans said they are going to gas games now we have Elliot Anderson playing for us

They said he is utterly brilliant and they watched him against Arsenal and thought he was outstanding !

The End 

This is how a seed of  delusion starts..... (though if this was really posted by HenburyGas it could be just be more grade-A Fanatasy BS like his "mate" who supposedly was attacked at Ashton Gate)

He may have Newcastle supporting mates, if so they may have said they might/will go to watch an on-loan player at Oldham. 

Has he then just jumped to the conclusion that they "said they are going to gas games now" or did they actually say that would attend more games I wonder?

Before too long the mutants will be suggesting...

• Hundreds of Newcastle fans are now also gasheads
  • All Newcastle fans will have gas as their 2nd team
  • Then we will be hearing reports of Newcastle Fans saying the gas fans are amazing "atmosphere great" etc. most noise etc.
  • They will then be saying they need a bigger new stadium to accomodate the travelling Toon army* who will surely turn up in thousands to support the Gas when Newcastle are not playing (even once this loan is terminated).
  • Finally they will be suggesting there is some sort of "special relationship" with Newcastle. They will be picking out fringe players from St James Park to get on Loan next season etc... so if Newcastle use their new wealth to strengthen, cue suggestions next summer of players like Dwight Gayle coming in on loan to Chernobyl because of their "special" relationship. Despite the fact that most on here suggest Gayle is way out of even our affordable range,
Edited by cityal
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, cityal said:

This is how a seed of  delusion starts..... (though if this was really posted by HenburyGas it could be just be more grade-A Fanatasy BS like his "mate" who supposedly was attacked at Ashton Gate)

He may have Newcastle supporting mates, if so they may have said they might/will go to watch an on-loan player at Oldham. 

Has he then just jumped to the conclusion that they "said they are going to gas games now" or did they actually say that would attend more games I wonder?

• Then we will be hearing reports of Newcastle Fans saying the gas fans are amazing "atmosphere great" etc. most noise etc.
  • They will then be saying they need a bigger new stadium to accomodate the travelling Toon army* who will surely turn up in thousands to support the Gas when Newcastle are not playing (even once this loan is terminated).
  • Finally they will be suggesting there is some sort of "special relationship" with Newcastle. They will be picking out fringe players from St James Park to get on Loan next season etc... so if Newcastle use their new wealth to strengthen, cue suggestions next summer of players like Dwight Gayle coming in on loan to Chernobyl because of their "special" relationship. Despite the fact that most on here suggest Gayle is way out of even our affordable range,

What puzzled me most is I thought it was Sunderland fans who loved them. Must be hostile in the North east

6 minutes ago, cityal said:

Mutants ?

58 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

The End 

I see HG is still trying to be popular. Bless.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cityal said:

And it won't be long before his 'planning contact' - who has proved oh so accurate in the past...  Will come up with, 'not only is the fruit market a done deal, but Mike Ashley is going to pay for it in exchange for a bag of grapes, 2 dozen satsumas and a coconut, because he got on really well with whoever it wad they have loaned'.

1 hour ago, cityal said:

I was under the impression the points raised were already a matter of fact.

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

The End 

Like that pillock has 'mates'. Non story, as usual by the bull5hitter extraordinaire.

33 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

And it won't be long before his 'planning contact' - who has proved oh so accurate in the past...  Will come up with, 'not only is the fruit market a done deal, but Mike Ashley is going to pay for it in exchange for a bag of grapes, 2 dozen satsumas and a coconut, because he got on really well with whoever it wad they have loaned'.

Don't forget he fixed Ashley's laptop! ?

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Don't forget he fixed Ashley's laptop! ?

And he also said 'why not sell mugs that are a bit bigger than normal mugs, because mugs that are a bit bigger mean you get more tea'.

Ashley was impressed and offered him eight five zillion pounds, but he turned the money down, saying 'the billions I earn fixing imaginary computers is more than enough'.

• Haha 2