IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, gl2 said:

Are they not climbing their div while we are descending ours? can you also not agree that if it were not for points deductions to several clubs below us then it is possible we could even be in the same div as them next season..

They got a points deduction because they cheated, allowing them to buy and retain better players than would otherwise be the case.

Had they not cheated, they would have got no deduction but would also be less competitive, and therefore may well be sitting in the relegation zone anyway.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Before the 14/15 season we made some great signings like Freeman, Wilbs, Korey Smith, Mark Little etc. Gasheads accused us of ‘buying’ promotion.

Barton is allowed to buy an entire new team and some City fans come out with that ‘zero budget’ bollocks. ?

Amazing isn’t it? 

We have lost a few games in Feb and it's all "woe is me", they wouldn't have been posting any of this when we had 4 wins in 5 home games in January. I think depression is the norm on this board sometimes.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Zero budget ? 
Don’t they have one of the biggest budgets in the fourth division ?

How many players have they signed this year? 

Sorry to spoil a bit of blind hatred Major but : yes he brought in an entire new first team BUT the guy did it with fifteen FREE transfers didn’t he ? If NP gets us anywhere near the top 10 next season with fifteen free transfers he’ll be hailed as the messiah ! 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Seventeen said:

Felt I'd give my two pence, from a Rovers perspective.

For the poster who said JB has done a amazing job on zero budget - he has one of the biggest budgets in the League, he was allowed to get rid of any of the backroom team and also bring in whoever he wanted. He has a healthy budget. 

As for the ones saying we'd beat you right now. Nonsense. 

The gap isn't closing. It was closing when we were promoted to L1 under DC and he had us going well until you took Matty off us. To say it's closing now when there's a chance we still don't go up, but you guys are in the Championship for at least another yet is just nonsense.

Yes the form since new year has been great, we could pinch that third auto spot or we could finish 10th. There's still too many teams involved. 

I'll tip my hat to that 17 ?, fair play. 

far too realistic though. ;)

All I would add is that being in the same division (chances are it will happen at some point) doesn't hide the glaring differences between the 2 clubs. It may be that we are doing poorly rather than you are going well but it remains a moot point with respect.

19 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Sorry to spoil a bit of blind hatred Major but : yes he brought in an entire new first team BUT the guy did it with fifteen FREE transfers didn’t he ? If NP gets us anywhere near the top 10 next season with fifteen free transfers he’ll be hailed as the messiah ! 

Really poor logic again. Messi, Ramos, Di Maria (etc etc) were free signings, I suppose PSG are doing incredibly well then(?)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

All I would add is that being in the same division (chances are it will happen at some point) doesn't hide the glaring differences between the 2 clubs. It may be that we are doing poorly rather than you are going well but it remains a moot point with respect.

He's a ****** sheed !   ?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Do they need paying or are they playing for free? 

Even after getting rid of players from last season I doubt their budget is much different than it was in L1.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

We have lost a few games in Feb and it's all "woe is me", they wouldn't have been posting any of this when we had 4 wins in 5 home games in January. I think depression is the norm on this board sometimes.

Bang on.

A bit of tough run, in what was always going to be a tough season, and the whiners are off again..."Why can't we be more like the gAss.?"

What, scrapping around in League 2, playing the likes of Harrogate, Sutton and FGR...?

NO TA.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Great logic..... I know the sags pay poorly (especially apprenticeships) but do none of those 15 players want wages? What about all the backroom staff he brought in? What about the ones that left, did nobody need paying off?

As I said previously - "incredible job", my arse.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gl2 said:

Are they not climbing their div while we are descending ours? can you also not agree that if it were not for points deductions to several clubs below us then it is possible we could even be in the same div as them next season.

Yes we are way above in terms of players wages/transfers etc and we rent a much nicer stadium etc but the "mighty" do fall see Sunderland/Sheff Weds etc and non league teams do rise through the ranks see local FGR/Cheltenham.

We need to kick on next season from some really poor efforts lately.

You are either vehemently anti-Bristol Sport or have just outed yourself as a Sag in disguise.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

15 players who, because there was no fee exchanged between Rovers and the club they were at previously, would have negotiated a higher signing on fee and wages.  Rovers certainly weren't holding out there caps saying "please sir, can I have some more?"

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

You are either vehemently anti-Bristol Sport or have just outed yourself as a Sag in disguise. As I have followed my club since 67/68, had a ST for the first 2yrs of Dolman Stand,(at around 77/6d cost I believe) and went to all home and many away back then in the late 60`s early 70`s, guessing I`m not a sag. So I guess that; as we are now part of something else I am anti BS;  Nice Stadium though, apparently, :tv_horror:

15 players who, because there was no fee exchanged between Rovers and the club they were at previously, would have negotiated a higher signing on fee and wages.  Rovers certainly weren't holding out there caps saying "please sir, can I have some more?"

Edited by gl2

5 hours ago, harrys said:

If you’re a certain age you have nothing but utter loathing for Rovers particularly if you remember the ‘80’s where we hardly ever beat them but my two grown up boys have complete indifference towards them as they barely know any Rovers fans and have never seen a league game against them

Understand that H, makes perfect sense. 

I am of that certain age...?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Oh no I completely understand you lot are miles ahead of us and should you actually sort yourselves out on the pitch then the rivalry will actually die for good. I haven’t seen a League rivalry between the two so I can’t really comment but the JPT games between the clubs were the best games I’ve been too. Playing Swindon etc just isn’t the same. 

For me both sets of fans are similar, this season especially. From what I read on here most are happy with NP despite results. I don’t know the ins and outs but based on form I’d want him gone but it’s easy to say that looking at his record. But you lot seem happy to put up with it, again I have no idea why; you may be validated in your reasoning. With Rovers we go and draw to Sutton and people rave about it like we’ve just gone and got 3 points away to Southampton (now that was impressive!). The bar for both clubs is very low at the minute, Rovers fans just harp on more because we’ve strung a few wins together. But people rave because we are mid table in League 2 and it baffles me. That’s what Joey Barton has done to my football club. Successfully done what Paul Buckle couldn’t do and lowered standards. 

• Like 1

On 10/03/2022 at 12:18, Baldyman said:

Plenty of competition but this is one of the stupidest posts I have read on here in ages.

We compete with sides that have just come down from The Prem & have strikers like Mitrovic & Solanke. Then you have the likes of Blackburn with Brereton Diaz.

Loads of teams have parachute payments, whereas Rovers recent wins are over Barrow & Crawley.

I would guess they have a budget that is top three in their division & not all of their signings were for free anyway, the striker they bought in January (I can’t remember his name) certainly cost them a fee.

If Pearson got us top 10 at our level with a collection of free transfers it would be an even greater achievement than GJ making the playoff final, as even he spent money.

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Plenty of competition but this is one of the stupidest posts I have read on here in ages.

We compete with sides that have just come down from The Prem & have strikers like Mitrovic & Solanke. Then you have the likes of Blackburn with Brereton Diaz.

Loads of teams have parachute payments, whereas Rovers recent wins are over Barrow & Crawley.

I would guess they have a budget that is top three in their division & not all of their signings were for free anyway, the striker they bought in January (I can’t remember his name) certainly cost them a fee.

If Pearson got us top 10 at our level with a collection of free transfers it would be an even greater achievement than GJ making the playoff final, as even he spent money.

Pearson has spent money

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

To be fair teams like Blackburn, Luton and Huddersfield who are currently in the top six and who we should be matching and are not, this is due to poor management in the past and even now with strange starting line ups on our part, not multi million pound signings.

As other reply NP has spent money on transfers and no doubt even the freebies would be on a decent wedge so not without cost.

There can be no dispute that the sags atm are rising up their div while we are descending ours, while lets be fair again we have some expensive players and internationals but seem to be all over the place atm with some v poor games.

Hope that changes today or very soon and we put a few wins together and the sags fall away, but not seeing it...yet.