IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

The way your club has handled the domestic abuse allegations with your manager is way more embarrassing.. funnily enough you’ve put the ball in the net a few times and all of a sudden morals go out the window for the family club? 

I guess it's easier to claim "you'll never go again while that man is in charge" when you are 4-0 down at HT at Exeter than when you have only lost 2 in 12.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Super said:

Some run they are on in fairness carry it on they could even finish champions. 

Absolutely . Fair play and credit where its due. You can only play against what's put in front of you and they are flying. Yes its league 2 but we didn't mind bragging when we were flying in league 1. If they come up then the test gets harder but they look a good bet for promotion on current form. Let's see what happens first. We are in no position to gloat. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Haven’t gone to watch Rovers under JB and won’t watch again until he’s gone. With respect to the club they have said if he’s found guilty he’s gone. 

That said he should never have been appointed IMO and regardless of what he does I will never step foot at a live Rovers game until he’s gone. 

A stance to be admired no matter what side of Bristol you are from. I am sure even the most hardened of City fans will congratulate you for it.

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Haven’t gone to watch Rovers under JB and won’t watch again until he’s gone. With respect to the club they have said if he’s found guilty he’s gone. 

That said he should never have been appointed IMO and regardless of what he does I will never step foot at a live Rovers game until he’s gone. 

Good on you 17, you stick to your morals. I would be exactly the same if it were us. ?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

I've refused to go and watch Rovers since they "acquired" the ground from the rugby club. You have to be able to sleep at night and make the right moral decision.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marmite said:

Absolutely . Fair play and credit where its due. You can only play against what's put in front of you and they are flying. Yes its league 2 but we didn't mind bragging when we were flying in league 1. If they come up then the test gets harder but they look a good bet for promotion on current form. Let's see what happens first. We are in no position to gloat. 

Bollox to "fair play", horrible little under- stain on Bristol !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rich said:

I've refused to go and watch Rovers since they "acquired" the ground from the rugby club. You have to be able to sleep at night and make the right moral decision.

I've refused to watch rovers, unless they're playing City, since I was old enough to walk! 

That would be because I'm a City fan but was feeling left out. ;)

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've refused to watch rovers, unless they're playing City, since I was old enough to walk! 

That would be because I'm a City fan but was feeling left out. ;)

Come on Ska, I saw you in the away end with loads of gurt teds, celebrating Sir Colins goal for Mansfield ?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I may be having a senior moment, but who is the manager they reference in this tweet?!

I really don’t know if they saw the surname and just assumed Colchester’s manager was the wonderfully tanned Phil Brown, but it was, in fact, Wayne Brown, who played at the back for Hull in the play-off final.

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I really don’t know if they saw the surname and just assumed Colchester’s manager was the wonderfully tanned Phil Brown, but it was, in fact, Wayne Brown, who played at the back for Hull in the play-off final.

Hilarious epic fail.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

48 minutes ago, Super said:

Hilarious epic fail.

How?

The tweet didn’t say it was Phil Brown.

It does show a remarkable level of obsession if they recognise one of the defenders from that day.

I mean, I know Colin Daniel was playing for Mansfield when they got relegated to Non League but the rest of the team could’ve been made up from the 1970 Brazilian World Cup winning side for all I know?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

How?

The tweet didn’t say it was Phil Brown.

It does show a remarkable level of obsession if they recognise one of the defenders from that day.

I mean, I know Colin Daniel was playing for Mansfield when they got relegated to Non League but the rest of the team could’ve been made up from the 1970 Brazilian World Cup winning side for all I know?

You might be right. They are obsessed though.

Edited by Super

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Also according to that rag the assault hasn’t even taken place yet, he’s due to allegedly smack his wife about in public on June 2nd “this year”.

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to Bristol.Live.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Also according to that rag the assault hasn’t even taken place yet, he’s due to allegedly smack his wife about in public on June 2nd “this year”.

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to Bristol.Live.

I don't think it's listed, so it would seem more like Bristol Live's Agenda Editor needs to update her agenda. 

Two minutes in and he hasn't kicked off .... yet! Although his wife was holding her head!

10:02

Joey Barton has arrived

Joey Barton is sitting quietly at the back of the court waiting for proceedings to start. He arrived a short time ago with his wife Georgia - who he is accused of assaulting. (pictured in between them is a member of his legal team)

3 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:
Two minutes in and he hasn't kicked off .... yet! Although his wife was holding her head!

Joey Barton has arrived

Joey Barton is sitting quietly at the back of the court waiting for proceedings to start. He arrived a short time ago with his wife Georgia - who he is accused of assaulting. (pictured in between them is a member of his legal team)

Nice to see he's made an effort and dressed for the occasion!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Joey Barton has arrived

At least he’s not wearing that stupid cap for once....gone for the ‘begger look’. Been hanging around with Sagheads too long.

Speaking of which, any of his OTIB fan club up there cheering him on? 

• Haha 2