IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

And yet you refuse to watch or even talk about the Scottish Premiership because of the poor standard.

My poor opinion of the SP is because there’s only two teams in it. The standard is L1 at best and why the Glasgow clubs win it pretty much every season.

3 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Fair enough 

Ignore Shaun - He’s known as Purple Paul for a reason ,( think face resembling a ?end)

The sad SAG has been allowed to stay up after 7pm

Personally , as you are such a pleasant fella , I always glance for Swindon’s score with you in mind

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

And yet you refuse to watch or even talk about the Scottish Premiership because of the poor standard.

Yep, and dear old @Robbored even starts threads about the top division in Scotland even though he won’t talk about it or watch it! And I’m sure he continually calls it the SPL just to wind me up! He must know by now that an entity called the SPL does not exist north of the border ... ??????

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

My poor opinion of the SP is because there’s only two teams in it. The standard is L1 at best and why the Glasgow clubs win it pretty much every season.

There are more than two clubs in Glasgow you know - well you obviously didn’t know ... get yerself to The Jackie Husband stand on a cold Saturday afternoon and sing along with the chaps - “Hello, hello, how do you do? We hate the boys in royal blue, we hate the boys in emerald green, so ... (unprintable end to the chant)” ??✌️

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Ignore Shaun - He’s known as Purple Paul for a reason ,( think face resembling a ?end)

The sad SAG has been allowed to stay up after 7pm

Personally , as you are such a pleasant fella , I always glance for Swindon’s score with you in mind

Cheers Shelton there's many decent posters on your forum including yourself 

16 hours ago, petehinton said:

Think they’re getting really carried away personally. Still got Bradford, Tranmere, Salford, Port Vale and FGR still to play. Even Carlisle who are in great form atm under Paul Simpson. Could look very silly if they don’t make it, with all this “gas are coming” shite the CEO posts after every game recently. 

Obviously being a football fan I'm an eternal pessimist and I too have a feeling we will **** up at Carlisle. Every team has a wobble and we are due one. I'll be disappointed if we don't make the play offs , but I am definitely in the 'lets not get too carried away, we've done **** all yet' camp!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Obviously being a football fan I'm an eternal pessimist and I too have a feeling we will **** up at Carlisle. Every team has a wobble and we are due one. I'll be disappointed if we don't make the play offs , but I am definitely in the 'lets not get too carried away, we've done **** all yet' camp!

The way football is going at the moment you will 10000% be going up as champions with an absolute monstrosity of a man as your manager. Don’t sweat it. 

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Out of interest, where do you sit with JB? Have two close mates who are rovers. Said in an honest ideal world he would take you up and then be found guilty and sacked, or be approached by another club and leave as soon as poss. Both stopped going to games….until you started doing well!

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

If the SP is L1 at best, how do you explain Rangers results in Europe this season, or do you mean everyone except the top 2 is L1 at best?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Out of interest, where do you sit with JB? Have two close mates who are rovers. Said in an honest ideal world he would take you up and then be found guilty and sacked, or be approached by another club and leave as soon as poss. Both stopped going to games….until you started doing well!

Easy option !

On 19/03/2022 at 17:38, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

We can laugh but a win at Northampton means the SAGS are major players for promotion this season. They're the in form team and if they don't make automatic they could well be a good bet to win the play offs. 

Definitely! I could never imagine a scenario where they're in the auto's and not make the play offs with 10 games to go ?

• Haha 6

47 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Definitely! I could never imagine a scenario where they're in the auto's and not make the play offs with 10 games to go ?

That would be almost as unlikely as being dumped out the football league by a team wearing your own away kit ?‍♂️

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, petehinton said:

I assume you mean what do I think of him as a man rather than his coaching ability?

I kind of liked him as a player, there have  been plenty of players who mix it up a bit and I don't really have a problem with that, but stubbing a cigar in someone's eye  is pretty ******* despicable stuff. the French accent was pretty cringy and when he went to Rangers ( I go to  Celtic as well as Rovers) I took a real dislike to him after he started giving it 'the big un' before a derby match. It was very enjoyable watching Celtic score 5 that day :)

I didn't particularly want him at Rovers but I think you start to get on dodgy ground if you start objecting to footballers and managers based on things they have done away from football,. So he had my support from day one, but then he presided over the most gutless relegation I have ever seen and I don't buy the 'they weren't my players' line, we went down with a whimper and he stood back and let it happen,

This season we had an awful start and I wasn't impressed with his 'I guarantee promotion' stuff he was spouting in the bars after games and told him so.

However, the improvement in the second half of the season is undeniably impressive, we are actually a good side to watch , there seems to be a team spirit within the players which I haven't seen for years and going to games is actually fun again. But that's football, good times and bad times and even if we do go up, we will be back to where we started .  A few players leaving and a few poor results will see all the goodwill out the window, because football fans are fickle ***** :)

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I assume you mean what do I think of him as a man rather than his coaching ability?

I kind of liked him as a player, there have  been plenty of players who mix it up a bit and I don't really have a problem with that, but stubbing a cigar in someone's eye  is pretty ******* despicable stuff. the French accent was pretty cringy and when he went to Rangers ( I go to  Celtic as well as Rovers) I took a real dislike to him after he started giving it 'the big un' before a derby match. It was very enjoyable watching Celtic score 5 that day :)

I didn't particularly want him at Rovers but I think you start to get on dodgy ground if you start objecting to footballers and managers based on things they have done away from football,. So he had my support from day one, but then he presided over the most gutless relegation I have ever seen and I don't buy the 'they weren't my players' line, we went down with a whimper and he stood back and let it happen,

This season we had an awful start and I wasn't impressed with his 'I guarantee promotion' stuff he was spouting in the bars after games and told him so.

However, the improvement in the second half of the season is undeniably impressive, we are actually a good side to watch , there seems to be a team spirit within the players which I haven't seen for years and going to games is actually fun again. But that's football, good times and bad times and even if we do go up, we will be back to where we started .  A few players leaving and a few poor results will see all the goodwill out the window, because football fans are fickle ***** :)

Good write up, fair as (almost) always. I see they are 5/2 to go up. I shall put some of my ill gotten Cheltenham dosh on that. But don't think for a moment that I want to pick up.......well, you know the score ! ?

BTW, how long did you have to wait in casualty after you dissed Joey bag ?

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Haha 3