IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

18 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Not only are they coming for us, these two have arrived…

DE492B47-B93E-4471-BA7B-D9E7B682C17D.jpeg

Embarrasing.

Not a good look, but good to see that the War on Want charity shop in Gloucester Road is doing so well from their patronage.

Tubby's awkward stance suggests he's cacked his pants and Puny looks like he's going to burst into tears.

58 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Embarrasing.

Not a good look, but good to see that the War on Want charity shop in Gloucester Road is doing so well from their patronage.

Tubby's awkward stance suggests he's cacked his pants and Puny looks like he's going to burst into tears.

I be there will be a lot of crap in those pants judging by the amount he eats?

Edited by Shaun Taylor
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Not only are they coming for us, these two have arrived…

DE492B47-B93E-4471-BA7B-D9E7B682C17D.jpeg

The best part about this photo is they must’ve seen the ground and secretly thought “******* hell that’s impress”.

That and the fact that they’re even posing there in the first place. That’s like me showing my Fiesta car keys whilst posing with a Ferrari.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

The best part about this photo is they must’ve seen the ground and secretly thought “******* hell that’s impress”.

That and the fact that they’re even posing there in the first place. That’s like me showing my Fiesta car keys whilst posing with a Ferrari.

Does it look genuine or is it a photo shop?

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

**** me.

I would reciprocate and nip down the Memorial in my City shirt, but I fear the resulting photo may be confused with the aid appeal for Ukraine when people see the post-apocalyptic backdrop.

The backdrop wouldn’t be much different to the picture that @bert tann posted a bit further up.

Just now, 22A said:

The Gasworks team a was derogatory  term for Rovers used by City fans. Their fans then adopted this as The Gas as a term of endearment for their beloved team. 

Because they are so far behind us and have been for two decades, we termed the phrase Mind the Gap. That has now ben adopted. Today in Grenada at the Test match one England fan had the cross of St George with "Bristol Rovers" on the horizontal band and in the lower right corner "Mind the Gas" ?

Edited by 22A

55 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Without doubt it's a photo shop.

This is what Ashton Gate looked like the last time I was there.

194091575_AshtonGateOldStand.jpg.beafe3e0c3618227032701225c063ad1.jpg

Rovers fans would love to have a modern stadium like this. 

52 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I used to enjoy a few cans of John Courage?

I used to think you were a sensible chap, but anyone who enjoyed John Courage must be slightly odd. 

9 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Rovers fans would love to have a modern stadium like this. 

I used to think you were a sensible chap, but anyone who enjoyed John Courage must be slightly odd. 

I think it was the black cans that got me hooked! It could have been worse I may have said Harp?

Edited by Shaun Taylor
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

With the news about the County Ground today it looks like another local rival of theirs will get a rebuilt stadium before them.

I recall `We got our stadium` ringing out at AG before JET shut the inbreds up.

That aged well.

That may last forever the way their pussy footing about!

39 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I think it was the black cans that got me hooked! It could have been worse I may have said Harp?

Nothing wrong with Directors, or it used to be quite nice a few years ago.

Incidentally, any truth to the story that your goalscorer, McKirdy, is out for the rest of the season?

A bit of a bummer if the story is true.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Nothing wrong with Directors, or it used to be quite nice a few years ago.

Incidentally, any truth to the story that your goalscorer, McKirdy, is out for the rest of the season?

A bit of a bummer if the story is true.

He's definitely out for a few weeks but hoping to be back before the end of the season and tweeted a message yesterday "till the fat lady sings" we've also had five first team regulars injured together but hoping to Habsburg at least two of them back for our next game a week tomorrow. 

It does make me laugh on gaschat they've written us off already even tho we've taken 4 points off them and have a bigger home and away fanbase!

Just now, Shaun Taylor said:

He's definitely out for a few weeks but hoping to be back before the end of the season and tweeted a message yesterday "till the fat lady sings" we've also had five first team regulars injured together but hoping to Habsburg at least two of them back for our next game a week tomorrow. 

It does make me laugh on gaschat they've written us off already even tho we've taken 4 points off them and have a bigger home and away fanbase!

One of their posters started the thread with the heading ´Good News Day’, posting that he was out for the rest of the season with a mystery illness.

Certainly not good news for McKirdy, but what an awful way to start a thread.

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

One of their posters started the thread with the heading ´Good News Day’, posting that he was out for the rest of the season with a mystery illness.

Certainly not good news for McKirdy, but what an awful way to start a thread.

I did see that and to be fair a few of them called him out on that. I'm hoping that he does come back before the end as he's definitely an influence on the team as is Louie Barry who's been injured recently but expected back next week.