IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

23 hours ago, maxjak said:

We have some dumb fans........but NOT that dumb  IMHO.  Ha!!

So we would all run on the pitch............stop the game and create a situation where the game could be abandoned?, we are not that stupid, surely?  Hmmm! indeed .....Jaydee, Marcus X and In the Net?

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

The ‘Joey’ love in from those cretins is just as laughable. They all wanted him out 6 months ago when he got nicked for beating his wife up. They didn’t want to be associated with a ‘woman beater ‘ as they would have everyone believe they had morals 

Now that’s all conveniently been forgotten . Even their #HerGameTo mob have suddenly come down with a severe case of amnesia 

As the club themselves pointed out, kicking your wife in the head is a “victimless crime” ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Yes, from What I’ve read it’s far from just City fans suggesting it was a put-up job.

What I’ve found quite funny on Facebook is that some pages have done a bit of Gas exaggeration and stated that Rovers needed 7 goals to get promoted (presumably because it’s sounds more impressive). Of course that’s not true because they just needed to overcome a 5 goal difference which, whilst tricky, was far from impossible given the opponents.

As a result people are calling it rigged based on the fact they think Rovers just needed to win 7-0. Then when they find out that this Loft bloke was signed with a promotion bonus clause attached to the deal they think the whole thing stinks twice as bad ?

• Like 1

Just now, maxjak said:

So we would all run on the pitch............stop the game and create a situation where the game could be abandoned?, we are not that stupid, surely?  Hmmm! indeed .....Jaydee, Marcus X and In the Net?

If City scored 7 goals to get promotion then im confident there would be a pitch invasion 

• Like 1

Just now, Rob k said:

If City scored 7 goals to get promotion then im confident there would be a pitch invasion 

If we did that before the final whistle, that opens the chance of the game being abandoned.....which the Gas were fortunate to avoid?  If City fans did that, then I despair at their ignorance.  But you may be right?  I have no faith in human nature and the sheep like actions of over excited fans............Ha!!

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Rovers getting my promoted hasn’t pissed me off as much as the reaction by City fans has. 
Unbelievable the amount of well-wishes I’m seeing on here. 
You wouldn’t get any such praise for their rivals getting promoted if it was Celtic/Rangers, Sheff Utd/Weds, Villa/Brum, Newcastle/Sunderland, Southampton/Portsmouth, West Ham/Millwall, etc etc etc. 

I put it down to the fact they’ve been below us for so long that some people forget how much of a horrible club they are. I don’t. They’re a horrible club and I do not wish them well and I will not congratulate them for being the third best team in the lowest division in football. Bollox to them! 
I’m astounded at the amount of City fans dishing out praise. 

Say it louder for the people at the back!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Come on boys & girls, let Rovers have their moment of glory without all the conspiracy crap. There's been enough of that from the usual knobheads on the Corona Virus thread.  Credit where credit is due to Rovers and Barton (who I still despise) but they have achieved what they have by winning games. Go and enjoy the sunshine with a cool pint of your favorite tipple, forget about the Gas and enjoy the close season.

All well and good for you to say BT. How many gasheads are there living in Poitou Charente, France? ??

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Obviously I realise all of this, but quite what that has to do with what I said I have no idea. A good team is a good team, regardless of division. I'm not saying we would beat Real Madrid, but we are- or were- a 4th division team and in that context we are a good team.  Were Terry Coopers team, or Steve Cotterell's team not good sides? Your Gas mates maybe talking of a second promotion, I certainly haven't been.

He has been outstanding, we simply will not be able to replace him with a player of similar quality.

They were good teams if you take it in context, I heard many City fans say the Cotterill season was excellent and exciting etc, but hardly "outstanding and possibly best footballing side ever seen in City shirts", unlike your "best footballing side I have seen in 49 seasons". If that truly is the case then, I think it shows you how shockingly bad you have been and how poor your recruitment has been (worse than ours). All your fans can say it's been turned around etc, but it is amazing how many think it is some sort of massive achievement - it really isn't. Playing half decent easy on the eye football is nice to watch, but against the likes of Barrow, Oldham, Rochdale, Scunthorpe, Harrogate etc etc. A League won by Forest Green (what is their budget in comparison to yours), and just 3 points above a Swindon side who never even had a team a few weeks before the season kicked off.

Anyway, we will see how good your Manager and team is next season, in the League he got you relegated from, against a few bigger clubs. If it starts like this season you could be in big trouble.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

I think the praise that has come from some City fans is all down to the gap and the actual achievement. It is 22 years since Rovers were above us in the league and they've just finished 3rd in the 4th division.

If we'd only been above them for 22 months and then they'd stormed through and won promotion from the Championship the reaction would be very different. In the 80s I hated them with a passion, when they were wining derbies, in the same division as us and trying to be the 'best in the west'. Let's be honest, despite their huge crowds of 9500, their thumping of the mighty Scu nthorpe and their new stadium dreams (this time next year, honest guv) very few if any City fans see them as anything more than an annoying little 'lower league rival'. 

In my opinion that will never change until they have their own new stadium, can attract fans they've lost on a regular basis and new fans. While they are at the Minimal Stadium they are zero threat to City so we can congratulate them with a smug, condescending look on our faces.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I think the praise that has come from some City fans is all down to the gap and the actual achievement. It is 22 years since Rovers were above us in the league and they've just finished 3rd in the 4th division.

If we'd only been above them for 22 months and then they'd stormed through and won promotion from the Championship the reaction would be very different. In the 80s I hated them with a passion, when they were wining derbies, in the same division as us and trying to be the 'best in the west'. Let's be honest, despite their huge crowds of 9500, their thumping of the mighty Scu nthorpe and their new stadium dreams (this time next year, honest guv) very few if any City fans see them as anything more than an annoying little 'lower league rival'. 

In my opinion that will never change until they have their own new stadium, can attract fans they've lost on a regular basis and new fans. While they are at the Minimal Stadium they are zero threat to City so we can congratulate them with a smug, condescending look on our faces.

**** em.... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

It’s just occurred to me that some way back in this very thread theres discussion about another season’s end with Rovers scoring late on to secure 3rd place in the basement and promotion to L1, beating an already relegated team at home.

Probably about 2000 pages ago. ?

I seem to remember they were coming for us after that promotion as well.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It’s just occurred to me that some way back in this very thread theres discussion about another season’s end with Rovers scoring late on to secure 3rd place in the basement and promotion to L1, beating an already relegated team at home.

Probably about 2000 pages ago. ?

I seem to remember they were coming for us after that promotion as well.

They had a better squad going up that time too, L1 is also tougher this time round. I don’t think it’ll end pretty.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Rovers getting my promoted hasn’t pissed me off as much as the reaction by City fans has. 
Unbelievable the amount of well-wishes I’m seeing on here. 
You wouldn’t get any such praise for their rivals getting promoted if it was Celtic/Rangers, Sheff Utd/Weds, Villa/Brum, Newcastle/Sunderland, Southampton/Portsmouth, West Ham/Millwall, etc etc etc. 

I put it down to the fact they’ve been below us for so long that some people forget how much of a horrible club they are. I don’t. They’re a horrible club and I do not wish them well and I will not congratulate them for being the third best team in the lowest division in football. Bollox to them! 
I’m astounded at the amount of City fans dishing out praise. 

I think for me I separate it. I was coaching our U10s this morning, some of which are gas - I got boatloads, and expected to do so. However, I am pleased for the boys and their parents as people - they’re friends, and they’ve had a brilliant day and are happy. I’m pleased for them as individuals.

For Bristol Rovers football club as a collective, I’m not pleased for, and as equally as I’m pleased my team and their parents were happy yesterday, I hope next season is horrific for them.

• Like 2

When the dust settles and their loaned players have departed the reality for them will be that next season will be really tough. Expect far less ‘Singing the Blues’ posts than this season. 

At the moment their delusional statements are absolute belters and are a good chuckle.

They believe that League One is where they should be, but the reality is that their promotion means that they will be punching above their weight.

As you know, Gasheads hate to feel insignificant and small. They are totally impatient when things starts to go wrong and their frustrations will boil over and the ridiculous comparisons with bigger clubs in League One will be a weekly event. It’s going to be ******* hilarious!

• Like 5

Anyone over forty should have little reason to congratulate them. They can shove their dubious promotion up their wife abusing manager’s poop schute.

Just because Cardiff have been our chief adversaries for a generation, it doesn’t make it ok to dish out platitudes to that mob. F‘kem.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Why bitter? I hate them whether they win or lose. That’s not bitter. Bitter would be if I only hated them when they win. 
Listen, I’ve met plenty of rovers fans in my life too. A few of them are ok and I have some mates who are gas. I’m perfectly capable of separating my feeling for my friends from my feelings towards that horrible football club. 
I’m sure everyone on here has a gas mate. Makes no difference. I still hate the football club they support. 

That's your choice but calling people out for congratulation Rovers seems to be bitterness.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Why bitter? I hate them whether they win or lose. That’s not bitter. Bitter would be if I only hated them when they win. 
Listen, I’ve met plenty of rovers fans in my life too. A few of them are ok and I have some mates who are gas. I’m perfectly capable of separating my feeling for my friends from my feelings towards that horrible football club. 
I’m sure everyone on here has a gas mate. Makes no difference. I still hate the football club they support. 

Chill out Harry. Its football ffs!  Some things are far more important. Enjoy the summer and lets see where next season leaves them, and us.

I'm expecting to see all those so called "die hards" crawling out from under whichever stone they've been hiding since the 1970's wearing that old quirky Design Windows or Tesco bag nylon rag if they can still fit in it, singing that old Argyle dirge. Still, I suppose it will be easier to spot a moron from a distance and avoid it rather than get spat on when trying to have a meaningful conversation.

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

When the dust settles and their loaned players have departed the reality for them will be that next season will be really tough. Expect far less ‘Singing the Blues’ posts than this season. 

At the moment their delusional statements are absolute belters and are a good chuckle.

They believe that League One is where they should be, but the reality is that their promotion means that they will be punching above their weight.

As you know, Gasheads hate to feel insignificant and small. They are totally impatient when things starts to go wrong and their frustrations will boil over and the ridiculous comparisons with bigger clubs in League One will be a weekly event. It’s going to be ******* hilarious!

They'll go in to next season on the back of having helped develop a promising young player which will make getting other loan players easier, especially now they have a proper training ground.

The only upside is that it leaves Swindon as the lowest placed league club in the South West and even they are in the playoffs and a good shout for winning them. Which as someone else pointed out considering they had pretty much no squad a few weeks before the start of the season and a “Gas reject”manager is pretty good going.

Will be a fair few local derbies in League 1 next season, but the best of the west will still be a cut (and at least a league) above!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheReds said:

They were good teams if you take it in context, I heard many City fans say the Cotterill season was excellent and exciting etc, but hardly "outstanding and possibly best footballing side ever seen in City shirts", unlike your "best footballing side I have seen in 49 seasons". If that truly is the case then, I think it shows you how shockingly bad you have been and how poor your recruitment has been (worse than ours). All your fans can say it's been turned around etc, but it is amazing how many think it is some sort of massive achievement - it really isn't. Playing half decent easy on the eye football is nice to watch, but against the likes of Barrow, Oldham, Rochdale, Scunthorpe, Harrogate etc etc. A League won by Forest Green (what is their budget in comparison to yours), and just 3 points above a Swindon side who never even had a team a few weeks before the season kicked off.

Anyway, we will see how good your Manager and team is next season, in the League he got you relegated from, against a few bigger clubs. If it starts like this season you could be in big trouble.

We obviously have different opinions on football- enjoy the rest of your weekend.