IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, TheReds said:

They are just biding their time, there is loads of planning behind the scenes, key targets are being identified, and they are glad they haven't gone in early getting players in as this way they have planned properly.

That's what my deluded Gas mate said anyway.... I mean who wants to get their business done early and have the squad all together, that makes no sense at all...

I'd have to agree with you that waiting is always prudent, as the better players will also be waiting. They'll be hoping for a big club, with large fan base, unique identifiable kit, and playing in a brand new stadium will come in for them.

On 02/06/2022 at 23:35, slartibartfast said:

No, got it all wrong...........the owner is making a statement about Bristol  "it's a QUARTER blue  !

Another wild exaggeration that doesn't help this poor, universally hated recognised, minority group.

The Blue Few are an almost extinct species (hence the name).

Even after a promotion season, it's still incredibly rare to catch sight of one of them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

But there seemed to be no planning on what to do when/if they got promoted. It was just "Don't worry, we'll sort something out".

….that doesn’t sound like Rovers ?

They should get the text in bold translated into Latin and stitched onto the back of their stupid looking shirts….could be like a club motto if they ever decide to replace the existing one ‘Quid agis civitatem score

• Flames 1

25 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Kit release day 

Screenshot_20220611-101911_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Got to say, I quite like that. 

Well, it's certainly better than their usual monstrositym

I didn't realise they'd struggled to find a sponsor again though. 

Are they doing their usual 50p raffle to try & force companies to endure the shame of being associated with them..? 

• Haha 1

On 31/05/2022 at 15:28, Bristol Rob said:

Didn't more come to watch the two Bristol ladies teams at Ashton Gate? Football and rugby.

I know that a lot of people went to Ashton Gate to watch Liverpool Ladies football team, my niece and her family had free tickets - I'm sure that many others did too.  Good initiative to get girls interested in the game. 

Lovely comment from their mod, pre us signing him

413F8A5B-B139-49C5-B0E4-EFE46B2C112A.jpeg

Thread on potential signings, one is deluded thinking they could sign him, the other is deluded in thinking it’d be a good idea to turn him down

9410C3EE-8FBD-4458-8609-C27BC5A242E8.png

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Haha 2

On 12/06/2022 at 09:55, In the Net said:

I know that a lot of people went to Ashton Gate to watch Liverpool Ladies football team, my niece and her family had free tickets - I'm sure that many others did too.  Good initiative to get girls interested in the game. 

Did they enjoy the facilities including a roof not made from canvas, ladies toilets not in a portaloo, and a bigger choice of catering than just pasty or veggie pasty?

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Did they enjoy the facilities including a roof not made from canvas, ladies toilets not in a portaloo, and a bigger choice of catering than just pasty or veggie pasty?

They were somewhat disappointed that there was no jerk chicken or freshly cooked crepes available.  However, the facilities were of a very high standard, and the young uns enjoyed watching the ladies play - which was the whole point of the exercise, so - mission accomplished. ?

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, In the Net said:

They were somewhat disappointed that there was no jerk chicken or freshly cooked crepes available.  However, the facilities were of a very high standard, and the young uns enjoyed watching the ladies play - which was the whole point of the exercise, so - mission accomplished. ?

They must have been otherwise engaged because they seem to be everywhere lately, they were at Upfest and Love is all Around.

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

I'm relieved to have never felt the need for a crepe at football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, In the Net said:

If they came along to a mens game when the full stadium is open they could get those dishes and much more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I will say that I have had some pretty crepe pies at football over the years though.

Yet nothing will beat the pasty I had from one of those little kiosks under the Williams in the mid 80s.

Burnt on the outside and still lumps of ice in the middle. That takes some special talent right there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Sadly, I didn't manage to hunt down the crepes when I went there for a concert. Have to say that it's an impressive set up you have there. 

All designed to part people from their cash! As indeed most things are these days.

Got a smart phone? It's a route to a shop. Got a modern stadium? It's a route to a shop.

Got a tent? It's a route to a portaloo.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

Sadly, I didn't manage to hunt down the crepes when I went there for a concert. Have to say that it's an impressive set up you have there. 

I believe both were available at the recent Killers concert. The jerk chicken was lovely and no queue, presumably as it was inside and not outside where everybody seemed to be queuing 

On 30/05/2022 at 12:10, Steve Watts said:

Cue Rovers telling everyone that they're the European champions' favourite club. Sporting da faymuss quarterrrrz! 

460073227_Screenshot_20220530-120648_ChromeBeta.thumb.jpg.7bc3c678c50734b4436b1afa882e5b12.jpg

That’s more Wycombe Wanderers than gas to be fair - another reason for the blue few to get all gnarly when they realise their kit ain’t unique or special or recognised - even Everton wore quarters way, way, way before the deluded gas ...