IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 28/06/2022 at 21:04, Rich said:

In answer to your first point.

By obvious, I mean, the figures quoted prove that proportionately there have been more incidents in recent times carried out by supporters of BRFC, than anything by BCFC supporters. So in that respect it's obvious.

Potentially it could change, as we all know but, I'm referring to recent times and events involving BRFC supporters.

Second point.

As previously stated, the figures are there for you to see which proves that at this time BRFC have a problem with more people carrying out misdemeanors proportionately, than Bristol City supporters. You are aware of those figures and haven't disputed them. Armed with that knowledge, you claimed that City were just as bad.

Definition of a lie: To make a false statement with the intention to mislead, deceive, an intentional untruth. You might call that an opinion, I call it a lie.

I'm very happy to condemn any violence, regardless of who does it.

I'm pleased that you would condemn any violence. As for the rest, I think its utter horse shite. I don't particularly take kindly to being called a liar, but if that's what you think  I guess I can't do much about it. 

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm pleased that you would condemn any violence. As for the rest, I think its utter horse shite. I don't particularly take kindly to being called a liar, but if that's what you think  I guess I can't do much about it. 

I with you on this Miah, and get bored rigid by all these angels on pinheads arguments about who's got the most violent fans, the best away support etc.  It's all so unnecessary as there's already plenty enough indisputable comedy gold we can all enjoy together (the tents and the occasional new "stand", unlucky da shit (we're coming for you), Darrell's canine onanism, Mansfield, horse punching, almost everything about Joey, Doncaster Utd, santa's grotto, that open top bus, headbutting a minibus, Matty Taylor, plus lots of other things I can't remember, and of course the gap).  Keep on posting!

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, red panda said:

I with you on this Miah, and get bored rigid by all these angels on pinheads arguments about who's got the most violent fans, the best away support etc.  It's all so unnecessary as there's already plenty enough indisputable comedy gold we can all enjoy together (the tents and the occasional new "stand", unlucky da shit (we're coming for you), Darrell's canine onanism, Mansfield, horse punching, almost everything about Joey, Doncaster Utd, santa's grotto, that open top bus, headbutting a minibus, Matty Taylor, plus lots of other things I can't remember, and of course the gap).  Keep on posting!

And yet without even thinking about it you name a hattrick of violent related incidents (with one of them having multiple convictions)...

• Flames 1

20 hours ago, In the Net said:

In this case, my thoughts consisted of "I have incurable cancer, maybe life is now too short to get involved in unnecessary dialogue". 

I believe that I need to focus on the positives in life, and the laughs on here have provided some of that in the past, for which I thank all posters.

I am very sorry to read this and brave of you to write it. As football fans, opinions vary broadly depending on which side of the divide you stand but when it comes to cancer we are all on the same side.

One of the endearing qualities of OTIB is that although its a Forum for Bristol City fans it also welcomes opinions from fans of other clubs. Long may that continue.

Good luck and best wishes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheReds said:

And yet without even thinking about it you name a hattrick of violent related incidents (with one of them having multiple convictions)...

Oh please - why do some posters have to look for arguments anywhere.  Horse punching and minibus headbutting may be violent, but they are different from core football violence and they are also pathetically funny.  And you'll notice I said "almost everything" about Joey, his violence is the reason I didn't say "everything".

Sometimes I really cannot believe we all follow the same game and mostly support the same team

Bright added: "The uptake in Season Ticket holders has blown us away ahead of the new season. Last year, we had 3,900 and right now we are just under the 5,000 figure. Our highest as a club was in the 2015/16 season when we hit 5,056 and we are very close to that number - it would be great to make 2022/23 the season we set that record.

What a record number of season ticket sales that is mind ??

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Swede said:

I am very sorry to read this and brave of you to write it. As football fans, opinions vary broadly depending on which side of the divide you stand but when it comes to cancer we are all on the same side.

One of the endearing qualities of OTIB is that although its a Forum for Bristol City fans it also welcomes opinions from fans of other clubs. Long may that continue.

Good luck and best wishes.

Thank you.

I've suffered badly with mental health for over 10 years, sometimes unable to go out of the house for long periods of time.  For me, the good natured exhanges on here replaced the Monday morning banter which I used to have with City supporters at work.  All part of the enjoyment of being a football fan for me. 

• Like 15
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

Brave move..

guess they know he’s not being sent down, guess we all know tbh

Not really, there would just be a clause in the contract that means it can be terminated in the event of Golden Hubby getting banged up.

Obviously he’s going to get away with it this time but there’s also a fair chance that he’ll lose his rag again at some point in the next 4 years.

• Flames 1

On 30/06/2022 at 17:03, In the Net said:

In this case, my thoughts consisted of "I have incurable cancer, maybe life is now too short to get involved in unnecessary dialogue". 

I believe that I need to focus on the positives in life, and the laughs on here have provided some of that in the past, for which I thank all posters.

Despite your rather wayward football loyalties I really wish you all the best for the future.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 30/06/2022 at 16:03, In the Net said:

I wish you huge strength and lots of luck “In the Net” ...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, In the Net said:

Thank you.

I've suffered badly with mental health for over 10 years, sometimes unable to go out of the house for long periods of time.  For me, the good natured exhanges on here replaced the Monday morning banter which I used to have with City supporters at work.  All part of the enjoyment of being a football fan for me. 

Gutted to hear your news Nettie.

Keep your chin up mate and you`re always welcome on here. Stay strong and you can win.

• Like 2

On 01/07/2022 at 12:29, Red Army 75 said:

Rovers charging fans of Exeter City 30 pound to sit in a tent then piss on there shoes in a mobile portaloo. 

Pirates alright 

I think it was only about £10-15 last time I went to the circus. 

The benefit of that, was you didn't have to endure watching Rovers play either.