IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 05/07/2022 at 20:37, 22A said:

Compare & contrast the Mem with the division below.

If the squalid tent encampment is shamed by L2 grounds, how the heck does it stack up against the comparative palatial surroundings in L1?

Edited by cider hoss rules

7 minutes ago, bert tann said:

A whisper that tomorrow is the day Conygar Investment Company PLC will announce their purchase of land owned by Wholesale Fruit Centre (Bristol) Ltd together with the site development plan to include a 28000 capacity football stadium.  

Don’t be silly BT. 28000 isn’t big enough for them 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, bert tann said:

A whisper that tomorrow is the day Conygar Investment Company PLC will announce their purchase of land owned by Wholesale Fruit Centre (Bristol) Ltd together with the site development plan to include a 28000 capacity football stadium.  

Their exclusivity deal finished on the 5th July so they have to put out some sort of statement one way or another. A few Gasheads I hear are worried that it might be inside the new CAZ area, I was surprised that a) they had cars, and b) they thought the deal was likely enough to worry about that aspect.

I just find it highly unlikely that any sane property developer is thinking "sure lets invest millions of pounds (at the start of a predicted recession) to build a 28K stadium for this tinpot club that has not had a 20K+ average attendance in 63 years"

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, cityal said:

I just find it highly unlikely that any sane property developer is thinking "sure lets invest millions of pounds (at the start of a predicted recession) to build a 28K stadium for this tinpot club that has not had a 20K+ average attendance in 63 years"

Unless there is a water tight contract in place that protects them.

20 minutes ago, cityal said:

As we know it’s not just about the football, modern stadiums can be utilised all week every week depending on the facilities and bring in regular cash for the owners. What Bert is saying is not that far fetched and I suspect he knows more than he’s letting on.

Given their low crowds for a club in a City the size of Bristol it’ll be interesting to see what happens after the initial novelty factor wears off and they start losing a few games. 5/6k in a 28k stadium would be an amusing sight.

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

As we know it’s not just about the football, modern stadiums can be utilised all week every week depending on the facilities and bring in regular cash for the owners. What Bert is saying is not that far fetched and I suspect he knows more than he’s letting on.

Given their low crowds for a club in a City the size of Bristol it’ll be interesting to see what happens after the initial novelty factor wears off and they start losing a few games. 5/6k in a 28k stadium would be an amusing sight.

yep the Gashead I spoke to today thinks it will be ready in 2 years time .

6 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Good point about utilisation peter. Surely in that circumstance Bristol Rovers would not be the owner (the developer would) so therefore no additional revenue?

5/6K in a 28k stadium sounds a bit like MK dons - maybe a ground share or merger with them is best for all concerned? ???

• Haha 1

Bert Tan once again has people on strings with a throwaway comment.

Take this how you will, but it was going to be low spec and smallish before covid. Costs have risen exponentially since then, and although I haven’t had any further detail in 12 months or so, chances that the spec has got any better are low, if it’s still even remotely realistic.

37 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Their exclusivity deal finished on the 5th July so they have to put out some sort of statement one way or another. A few Gasheads I hear are worried that it might be inside the new CAZ area, I was surprised that a) they had cars, and b) they thought the deal was likely enough to worry about that aspect.

I don't know (or care) anything about Conygar Investment Company PLC. But looking at Brentford as an example, near 3 years to build and cost £70million. Now a) That puts doubts over the 2 year time period, even before planning & permissions and the rest. B) £70 M for 17,500 must put doubts over the viability .  

31 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Take this how you will, but it was going to be low spec and smallish before covid. Costs have risen exponentially since then, and although I haven’t had any further detail in 12 months or so, chances that the spec has got any better are low, if it’s still even remotely realistic.

IF it happens at all, I would be amazed if it's anywhere near 20,000 let alone 28,000.

My guess would be a cheapie a la Colchester / Chesterfield but possibly a bit bigger, maybe 14,000. That's more than enough for them and they should be ecstatic with that as it's costing them fark all, apart from the mem site.

Edited by Ska Junkie

1 hour ago, Jim Davey said:

Didn't they say that 2/3 years ago though?

So planning has been done, agreed, submitted, approved, and contractors are ready to start then? Silly assclowns.

St Philips Marsh is not called a Marsh for nothing.  The old pre war slums in Albert Road and the environs literally sank into the Marsh.  Only a fool, or a very rich man with more money than sense, would contemplate building a stadium there.

• Like 1

lets talk some figures regarding recent stadium construction.

The Brentford Community Stadium - 3 1/2 years to build. 17250 capacity. Total Cost 71 Million pounds.

Plough Lane - 18 months to build. 9215 capacity. Total Cost 34 Million pounds.

How much do we honestly think it would cost developers to build the sags a 28000 capacity stadium on the fruit market site?

How much would they be able to pay back in rent and how long would it take developers to get their money back?

Just look at the issues that Coventry have had with their ground contracts.

In the current financial climate it makes absolutely no sense for anyone involved.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

The Brentford Community Stadium - 3 1/2 years to build. 17250 capacity. Total Cost 71 Million pounds.

How much do we honestly think it would cost developers to build the sags a 28000 capacity stadium on the fruit market site?

How much would they be able to pay back in rent and how long would it take developers to get their money back?

In the current financial climate it makes absolutely no sense for anyone involved.

Or if it happens luvvly jubbly!

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Send him to Vietnam 

1 hour ago, Malago said:

St Philips Marsh is not called a Marsh for nothing.  The old pre war slums in Albert Road and the environs literally sank into the Marsh.  Only a fool, or a very rich man with more money than sense, would contemplate building a stadium there.

It stinks around there, recycling plant, waste disposal company,  asbestos disposal unit, dogs home, railway sidings, high tide in the river on a hot day ?        no pubs or shops nearby . Absolute pit of a venue for a new stadium . 

It'll never happen 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

Absolutely no sense? Then that must be gaslogic 

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Send him to Vietnam 

It stinks around there, recycling plant, waste disposal company,  asbestos disposal unit, dogs home, railway sidings, high tide in the river on a hot day ?        no pubs or shops nearby . Absolute pit of a venue for a new stadium . 

It'll never happen 

No, given all those site attributes… I hope it happens.

Just need to add a big dog track within the stadium and a massive, smelly gasometer dominating the skyline outside and it all sounds ideal to me. Fitting for their new place  to replicate Eastville as a celebration of fifty years with no progress.

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

Send him to Vietnam 

It'll never happen 

Sounds perfect for 6,000 smelly tramps.

7 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

How much of those costs were for the land? Development space in those areas are going to cost a premium.