IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

This tempted me to have a look. There are over 500 pages on this thread. Five hundred pages discussing nothing! It’s worst than the threads we get in the transfer forum discussing signings that aren’t going to happen 

Thought we were all banned on there.

16 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

Obviously you can read it without posting. Or you can join without admitting your City allegiance. It’s easy to do that and keep your head down by joining in the moaning - though that did decline after promotion.

As an occasional visitor, I do tend to forget my user name though!

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think it comes alongside the news that they have "smashed their record" season ticket sales - by selling ONE more than they did the last time they were in the 3rd tier..! 

The 5,026 STH they now have are clearly going to struggle to fit into their current slum, that only holds 9k (despite the fact it held 12k before covid) 

So, the only logical outcome is their obvious & urgent need for a 26,000 capacity stadium. 

Their next stadium ‘goal’ will be to have one seat more than AG. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Davey said:

The reason for this though is not what you think; the mods though have stated this before.

The problem is not that a City fan posting there directly causes a problem; it is rather that they do so indirectly because the Rovers posters cannot control themselves and the whole thing then turns into a slanging match.

Interesting isn't it?

We are fortunately more civilised hereabouts. 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think it comes alongside the news that they have "smashed their record" season ticket sales - by selling ONE more than they did the last time they were in the 3rd tier..! 

The 5,026 STH they now have are clearly going to struggle to fit into their current slum, that only holds 9k (despite the fact it held 12k before covid) 

So, the only logical outcome is their obvious & urgent need for a 26,000 capacity stadium. 

You mean 28,000 don't you. The magical mystical figure that the needy swamp dwellers want. But they will tell you that they're not remotely obsessed. . . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Swede said:

You mean 28,000 don't you. The magical mystical figure that the needy swamp dwellers want. But they will tell you that they're not remotely obsessed. . . 

Thing is, let them go get 28,000. When we want to up the ante we rebuild the Atyeo and it’s all over. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Planning permission is being given to virtually anything at present & if not, granted on appeal.

Not quite Graham, at present the average success rate of a planning appeal is about 1 in 3. 

Just happens that most of the appeals that come in to the Planning Inspectorate tend to be small-scale householder appeals, which can slightly skew the figures!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

So, the only logical outcome is their obvious & urgent need for a 28,000 capacity stadium. 

Corrected for you.

#1kmorethantheshit

• Like 1

28,000 capacity.......1k more than City. You just know that would be the one and only reason.

They'll struggle to get a decent new stadium, and even if they did it would be less capacity than Ashton Gate.

Build any bigger and they'll end up being the new Darlington.

Mind you, if they did end up as the new Darlington it would be funny, so I would like it to happen. 

• Like 2

On 09/07/2022 at 12:00, Swede said:

I thought they had increased the capacity at the Mem after a trip to Go Outdoors netted them two new awnings and four picnic chairs.