IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

What is it with that shitstain of a club trying to be relevant?

Forever in our shadow.

Have you noticed this Gorridge bloke of theirs has copied every thing that we have done that has been a bit successful I.e. the  writing on the inside of the shirt for one thing.

He can’t think of anything original for himself. Other than the shite palm tree shirts.

• Admin
43 minutes ago, cidercity said:

Have you noticed this Gorridge bloke of theirs has copied every thing that we have done that has been a bit successful I.e. the  writing on the inside of the shirt for one thing.

He can’t think of anything original for himself. Other than the shite palm tree shirts.

Don't want to be pedantic but it's a company on Facebook that makes them for all clubs, the City one is sadly equally horrific 

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Don't want to be pedantic but it's a company on Facebook that makes them for all clubs, the City one is sadly equally horrific 

I stand corrected, my observation still stands they seem to be following us on a lot of things, they even have a fans park of sorts now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Chatting to a bloke last night, he went to that tattoo convention at The Gate over the weekend, his first visit since the redevelopment.

I hadn't realised he was a Fewer until he mentioned it, anyway, he was massively impressed with the convention, the stadium, the speed of service for drinks and the prices (five and a half quid a pint), was even impressed with The Robins where he'd gone before hand.

Clearly not one to be converted, but he did say that the more he visits other grounds, the more desperate the Mem looks. 

So evidently we are doing something we'll if a Gashead had nothing but praise for the stadium, organisation and even the local area!

He’s massively impressed with a £5.50 pint?

38 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That surprised me as well!

Think it was more around the quality of the drinks, in that they had premium drinks on offer, like that beer factory ale, Heineken and Gold, rather than Carling, Strongbow and Worthingtons.

Fair enough.

At Cheltenham festival this year they were charging £7 for a pint of Carling!

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Fair enough.

At Cheltenham festival this year they were charging £7 for a pint of Carling!

He was also delighted to be offered a loyalty card from The Robins, similar to coffee shops, they are doing a ten-stamps on a card, get a free pint offer. Think there were a few of them that went, so they filled up a card in no time.

41 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That surprised me as well!

Think it was more around the quality of the drinks, in that they had premium drinks on offer, like that beer factory ale, Heineken and Gold, rather than Carling, Strongbow and Worthingtons.

I would dispute having Heineken and Premium in the same sentence, but I take your point :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

Brilliant. Last night I overheard a Sag saying that the loss against Bath City was only a friendly and Rovers had most of their second string out. I heard someone else say that it wasn’t what they had heard, it was most of their first team at Bath. The Sag denied that this was the case and referred to the other chap as a ‘Shithead ***’. 

Then about 40 minutes later another Sag turned up (who had actually been to Trumpton) and said it was a poor game considering how many of the first team Rovers had out.

The bloke that had piped up earlier (The gurt ‘Ted) said “Yep that’s exactly what I had heard”

Then the original Sag started losing his shit saying “Well it was only a friendly and you can stop ******* smirking you Shithead ***!”

Love it! Deluded Sag brought crashing back down to earth by one of their own. ?

The gift ? ???

Edited by Gert Mare

2 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Brilliant. Last night I overheard a Sag saying that the loss against Bath City was only a friendly and Rovers had most of their second string out. I heard someone else say that it wasn’t what they had heard, it was most of their first team at Bath. The Sag denied that this was the case and referred to the other chap as a ‘Shithead ***’. 

Then about 40 minutes later another Sag turned up (who had actually been to Trumpton) and said it was a poor game considering how many of the first team Rovers had out.

The bloke that had piped up earlier said “Yep that’s exactly what I had heard”

Then the original Sag started losing his shit saying “We’ll it was only a friendly and you can stop ******* smirking you Shithead ***!”

Love it! Corrected by one of their own. ?

Textbook Sags. 25% decent, reasonable fans you can talk football with properly, the rest a deluded bunch of idiots with an off the scale inferiority complex (which includes the journo that writes for them hence Bristol Rovers XI losing to a National League side)…..

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

7 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

The bloke that had piped up earlier (The gurt ‘Ted) said “Yep that’s exactly what I had heard”

Then the original Sag started losing his shit saying “Well it was only a friendly and you can stop ******* smirking you Shithead ***!”

The gift ? ???

They can console themselves by going home and dinging their sister (who's also their Mum, Aunt and probably cousin)

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Textbook Sags. 25% decent, reasonable fans you can talk football with properly, the rest a deluded bunch of idiots with an off the scale inferiority complex (which includes the journo that writes for them hence Bristol Rovers XI losing to a National League side)…..

The Sag had spent half an hour trying to convince the ‘Ted that Jaily Barton had put out a stronger XI against Chippenham. ? The Sag was clearly one of the ‘Tote End Era’

Edited by Gert Mare

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I would dispute having Heineken and Premium in the same sentence, but I take your point :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

I had a pint of Heineken at AG last season and I can safely say it was the worst alcoholic drink I've ever tasted.

A strange beer, Heineken.

I have drunk it both here and in the UK, draught and in cans/bottles, and I find it tends to vary generally from poor to average.

I must say, though, that I have drunk some very nice draught examples, here and, of course, in The Netherlands, so I suppose, like most draught beers, it depends very much on how it is stored and served (cold) and whether the pipes are cleaned regularly!

The beer that surprised me, though, was Amstel.

I have drunk it in the UK, many years ago, and here occasionally, though only due to a lack of choice, as many bars stock it as a cheap draught beer, sometimes the only one on offer.

A few years ago, I was in Spain, where my draught beer of choice is Estrella Damm, a fine beer, but, unfortunately, the only draught beer available was Amstel.

It was hot, and I was extremenly thirsty, so, against my better judgement, I tried a glass: it was magnificent, and is clearly not the same rubbish that is served here in France.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gert Mare said:

The Sag had spent half an hour trying to convince the ‘Ted that Jaily Barton had put out a stronger XI against Chippenham. ?

………….and they wonder why we take the piss out of them. If they didn’t get ahead of themselves proclaiming HMS Piss League 1 (they didn’t even piss the 4th Division) losing a meaningless pre-season friendly at Bath could brushed off in 30 seconds.

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

………….and they wonder why we take the piss out of them. If they didn’t get ahead of themselves proclaiming HMS Piss League 1 (they didn’t even piss the 4th Division) losing a meaningless pre-season friendly at Bath could brushed off in 30 seconds.

True. They always set themselves up for it and then throw their teddies out of the pram when it goes tits up!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phantom said:

They launched their away kit earlier in the day - or tried to but Twitter was down, hence their comment about breaking Twitter

oh right, thanks for clarifying.

So their 'idea' was to launch their away kit on Twitter, something which probably every single club in the football league does although we are supposed to have copied them.

Fair enough, makes perfect sense.

Edited by CHAZ MICHAELS

7 hours ago, weepywall said:

I had a pint of Heineken at AG last season and I can safely say it was the worst alcoholic drink I've ever tasted.

Barley Wine For Me. Some dick brought a load of bottles of it on a camping weekend once. I can't think of anything I've ever drank that is more hideous than that stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

The gift ? ???

At least this defeat to Bath didn't lead to them being knocked out of a cup competition. 

He sounds like he thinks it's unheard of that a first team Rovers side could possibly lose to Bath City...! 

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2014/december/rovers-crash-out-of-fa-trophy/

• Like 1