IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Rovers will be announcing attendance as percentage of capacity this year.  Therefore their attendances will be soaring up this year with the loyal and true and prowed Gasheads getting behind their team....!

More likely to announce their names,shouldn’t take long,the surnames are the same.

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hang on a minute - didn’t they proactively reduce their capacity to 9k last season so they could falsely claim sellouts when they had room for at least another 3k?! So what does this further capacity reduction mean?! They can claim their crappy tented village is at full capacity for every home game when just 6k blue few decide the weather is good enough to turn up??!

I've spoken to a few Gashead STs at work about this.

The rules around terracing have changed, and you now need a sizeable gap between the pitch edge, and the terracing itself. This has caused Rovers to technically vacate the first 3-4 levels of terracing around the ground.

Thus 3k of the 12k capacity has been forfeited. I'm not sure how long they have to stick to this, but it may not be a short term option; and they are looking to increase capacity in other areas of the ground to compensate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

The rules around terracing have changed, and you now need a sizeable gap between the pitch edge, and the terracing itself. This has caused Rovers to technically vacate the first 3-4 levels of terracing around the ground.

Thus 3k of the 12k capacity has been forfeited. I'm not sure how long they have to stick to this, but it may not be a short term option; and they are looking to increase capacity in other areas of the ground to compensate.

So now more than ever they have to mind the gap!

Edited by cider hoss rules
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

So a few more tents, then?

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

So a few more tents, then?

Exactly Graham.

Plus I think they took down one of the family scaffolding stands to create more terracing.

Basically legislation is making the Memorial ground more and more not fit for purpose as a football ground.

10 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Exactly Graham.

Plus I think they took down one of the family scaffolding stands to create more terracing.

Basically legislation is making the Memorial ground more and more not fit for purpose as a football ground.

I doubt very much that they want my advice but they could always build a new stand?

I believe the last time they did so was in the 1950s for the North Enclosure at Eastville, which is the longest time ago that any FL club built a new stand.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Exactly Graham.

That's because it's a rugby ground. 

35 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I doubt very much that they want my advice but they could always build a new stand?

I believe the last time they did so was in the 1950s for the North Enclosure at Eastville, which is the longest time ago that any FL club built a new stand.

Build a new stand? Hang on, let me apply gaslogic -  erect a new stand, that's better

• Admin

Has it actually been confirmed anywhere how many they had to lose from the crowd for the first two games?

Social media just seems to be people moaning about having to move from one stand to another - is it just a case of they are moving fans to a section away supporters would have been in before and now the away allocation is losing out?

Well, to tie in with their kit launch Rovers have unveiled a mural. It’s quite something - to bear in mind this is supposed to represent the most important in their history, Wael is included in full form. Watch and all.

And I didn’t think they could make Holloway look more ugly, but by Jove they’ve managed it…

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Looks like someone has spunked all over the shirt. 

?

2AA82D5F-CB31-4F48-8255-0657FE11D484.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Well, to tie in with their kit launch Rovers have unveiled a mural. It’s quite something - to bear in mind this is supposed to represent the most important in their history, Wael is included in full form. Watch and all.

And I didn’t think they could make Holloway look more ugly, but by Jove they’ve managed it…

I didn’t know Paul Calf played for the Gas? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Even by their low standards that’s rubbish.

Apart from the Cadbury Heath monkey & the fake sheikh, I don’t recognise anyone. It could possibly be Ricky Lambert, but if it is, then it’s a terrible likeness.

Tinpot outfit.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Even by their low standards that’s rubbish.

Apart from the Cadbury Heath monkey & the fake sheikh, I don’t recognise anyone. It could possibly be Ricky Lambert, but if it is, then it’s a terrible likeness.

Tinpot outfit.

Not sure why they finished it off with a picture of a Chelsea fan.

Seems odd.

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

In a desperate bid to make their stadium all seated they’ve gone and bought a three seater sofa…

• Haha 2