Jump to content
IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread


42nite

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

I saw this random tweet about it someone I follow that supports them retweeted: 

 

Thinking sensibly , while all that is true, Newcastle will want to progress his development . As a top performer at L2 level  I would say next step would be see how he goes at Championship. Plus I'd want him to move clubs to develop his personality , not for him to be comfortable. If he had just been ok, maybe the next step would be L1, but I'd want to challenge him, the lad clearly has talent.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

I saw this random tweet about it someone I follow that supports them retweeted: 

 

Jeeez, some belters on that thread.

We are aiming for play offs in league1

Already better than most teams in league 1

Top 10 budget in league 1.

we will not be in a relegation fight.

just cricked my neck as I thought a gas hole was coming for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

…and doing it before the Gas.

 

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

Their colours are sh*t though! 🧐

... yep and even Everton FC was wearing blue and white quarters 46 years before da gas thought they’d invented a world renowned, unique kit ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mattyisared said:

I saw this random tweet about it someone I follow that supports them retweeted: 

 

So some Newcastle fans think he is already Premiership ready, Howe wants him to go to the Championship on loan (reports suggest), as he also thinks extremely highly of the lad, but he's knocked about in League 2 for a few months and "Barton is getting the best out of him"? I expect he could have played at 50% and could have stood out in that awful League. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Howe wants him to go to the Championship on loan (reports suggest)

We should be in for him. Makes football sense + it would be another Matty Taylor moment, which was to be fair a fantastic day

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Jeeez, some belters on that thread.

We are aiming for play offs in league1

Already better than most teams in league 1

Top 10 budget in league 1.

we will not be in a relegation fight.

just cricked my neck as I thought a gas hole was coming for me

Interesting analysis considering they finished 24th and bottom with the same manager just 12 months ago. They may not go back down, but they WILL be in a relegation fight, of that I am very sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

We should be in for him. Makes football sense + it would be another Matty Taylor moment, which was to be fair a fantastic day

His address would be out before you could say red faced lady garden, and the threats would start. It would be hilarious though if he did come here, but cannot see that happening whatsoever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Interesting analysis considering they finished 24th and bottom with the same manager just 12 months ago. They may not go back down, but they WILL be in a relegation fight, of that I am very sure. 

I don't necessarily agree, I don't think just because you got relegated with a manager from a league, then get promoted that automatically means you can't do much better. See for example Dyche who got relegated with Burnley, took them back up and was in the Prem for 6 or so years. Or for a more specific example. Clarke took them down, took them back up, then took them up again, then was looking to be playoff-ish before we bought Taylor, and that was essentially with very little in means of additional transfers in that period. The league one team was essentially just the Conference team + a few. It'll be interesting to see what deals they do, but realistically, I think they could do mid-table in that division next season. I'd be very surprised if they were definitives for relegation. From what I've watched of League One this season, minus the big names, the standard is really not that much higher than League 2. I imagine they'll finish somewhere in the 13th-18th category. Although this is assuming they keep Barton

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Jeeez, some belters on that thread.

We are aiming for play offs in league1

Already better than most teams in league 1

Top 10 budget in league 1.

we will not be in a relegation fight.

just cricked my neck as I thought a gas hole was coming for me

I hope we can join them next season!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

We should be in for him. Makes football sense + it would be another Matty Taylor moment, which was to be fair a fantastic day

It would be a fun way to get around the "gentleman's agreement" that we wouldnt poach their players that was touted after we signed Taylor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

 From what I've watched of League One this season, minus the big names, the standard is really not that much higher than League 2. I imagine they'll finish somewhere in the 13th-18th category. Although this is assuming they keep Barton

League 1 is a very difficult league. Its physical, its a slog and utterly relentless. Would you fancy City to gain promotion quickly if we went down? Nope. 

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

It would be a fun way to get around the "gentleman's agreement" that we wouldnt poach their players that was touted after we signed Taylor. 

You could easily get around that while Barton is in charge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Interesting analysis considering they finished 24th and bottom with the same manager just 12 months ago. They may not go back down, but they WILL be in a relegation fight, of that I am very sure. 

The majority of the squad JB inherited were the biggest bunch of wasters to wear the quarters.  He was able to get the majority of them shipped out, kept the few decent ones, and built his own squad.  He'll obviously have to get some replacements in for next season, whether he is successful remains to be seen, however, I don't think that the previous relegation will have any bearing on what happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

 

... yep and even Everton FC was wearing blue and white quarters 46 years before da gas thought they’d invented a world renowned, unique kit ...

My Dad used to play for a team called Bath Rovers in the 1940's, they also wore quarters, I'm sure that other teams did too, as it was a popular style of shirt back then.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Evens now mind

Screenshot_20220512-115856_Samsung Internet.jpg

There's some belters on that list. Benitez, Wilder, Carrick. TBF more chance of Barton getting that job than any of those three rocking up at Turf Moor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

As I have mentioned many-a times my father is gas, a lot of my family is gas; so I follow them closely and talk a lot with them about their players and vice versa, but I support City. It's so weird that when anyone knows more about them lot than mental gymnastics, or when they do something relatively impressive, or simply "hur dur Rovers bad" they're immediately accused of supporting them for some reason 🤣 There's many of them on this thread if I was one I would just simply say so.

I was thinking of giving you a whoosh, but no, (to be clear, I WAS jesting).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, weepywall said:

We have seen ourselves that those betting markets mean very little but it would be absolutely hilarious if he did leave them 🤣

To be fair, he has done okay, but his time there has only really just been to get them back in to the division he got them relegated from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

League 1 is a very difficult league. Its physical, its a slog and utterly relentless. Would you fancy City to gain promotion quickly if we went down? Nope. 

You could easily get around that while Barton is in charge. 

Only have to look at Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Charlton, Portsmouth, Sunderland (until possibly this year yet again....), Bolton. All decent sized teams that have been in the Championship in the last 5-10 years. All have struggled to get back there.

Christ how many years did it take us in the early 2000's to get up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

Evens now mind

Screenshot_20220512-115856_Samsung Internet.jpg

Why would they even want him? Just because he played for them a few years ago?

More chance of Joey Essex going there I would think. We can only hope though.

Barton to Burnley and then the Newcastle loanee to us. Imagine that....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of you on here seem to love attendance stats, so here you go:-

Averages of Away Support in League Two

1. GAS - 1,040
2. Bradford - 921
3. Tranmere - 853
4. Swindon - 845
5. Mansfield - 845
6. Port Vale - 832
7. Oldham - 785
8. Northampton - 611
9. Exeter - 605
10. Walsall - 531
11. Carlisle - 514
12. Hartlepool - 504
13. Leyton Orient - 492
14. Newport - 490
15. Rochdale - 480
16. Barrow - 291
17. Colchester - 290
18. Sutton - 242
19. Forest Green - 227
20. Scunthorpe - 226
21. Salford - 173
22. Harrogate - 168
23. Crawley - 159
24. Stevenage - 155

I think Rovers were 3rd in the home attendance stats, Swindon were 2nd @Shaun Taylor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Some of you on here seem to love attendance stats, so here you go:-

Averages of Away Support in League Two

1. GAS - 1,040
2. Bradford - 921
3. Tranmere - 853
4. Swindon - 845
5. Mansfield - 845
6. Port Vale - 832
7. Oldham - 785
8. Northampton - 611
9. Exeter - 605
10. Walsall - 531
11. Carlisle - 514
12. Hartlepool - 504
13. Leyton Orient - 492
14. Newport - 490
15. Rochdale - 480
16. Barrow - 291
17. Colchester - 290
18. Sutton - 242
19. Forest Green - 227
20. Scunthorpe - 226
21. Salford - 173
22. Harrogate - 168
23. Crawley - 159
24. Stevenage - 155

I think Rovers were 3rd in the home attendance stats, Swindon were 2nd @Shaun Taylor

Oooohh i could crush a grape...... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Some of you on here seem to love attendance stats, so here you go:-

Averages of Away Support in League Two

1. GAS - 1,040
2. Bradford - 921
3. Tranmere - 853
4. Swindon - 845
5. Mansfield - 845
6. Port Vale - 832
7. Oldham - 785
8. Northampton - 611
9. Exeter - 605
10. Walsall - 531
11. Carlisle - 514
12. Hartlepool - 504
13. Leyton Orient - 492
14. Newport - 490
15. Rochdale - 480
16. Barrow - 291
17. Colchester - 290
18. Sutton - 242
19. Forest Green - 227
20. Scunthorpe - 226
21. Salford - 173
22. Harrogate - 168
23. Crawley - 159
24. Stevenage - 155

I think Rovers were 3rd in the home attendance stats, Swindon were 2nd @Shaun Taylor

Ohhh how great, you've came top of the away following table, you still came third in the actual table behind a village club though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Some of you on here seem to love attendance stats, so here you go:-

Averages of Away Support in League Two

1. GAS - 1,040
2. Bradford - 921
3. Tranmere - 853
4. Swindon - 845
5. Mansfield - 845
6. Port Vale - 832
7. Oldham - 785
8. Northampton - 611
9. Exeter - 605
10. Walsall - 531
11. Carlisle - 514
12. Hartlepool - 504
13. Leyton Orient - 492
14. Newport - 490
15. Rochdale - 480
16. Barrow - 291
17. Colchester - 290
18. Sutton - 242
19. Forest Green - 227
20. Scunthorpe - 226
21. Salford - 173
22. Harrogate - 168
23. Crawley - 159
24. Stevenage - 155

I think Rovers were 3rd in the home attendance stats, Swindon were 2nd @Shaun Taylor

Wow!  Give yourself a medal.......

.....let's see where you finish against L1 opposition. All those L1 teams must be quaking in their boots at their 'cup finals' with you.....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...