IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

"Read this and immediately I cannot now wait until tomorrow night I’m practically counting down the minutes until kick off.
He rallies the troops so well this bloke."

That aged well :laughcont:

"and they call us strange those 82ers really are a bunch of idiots. Yeah let's stay as we are and not aim for anything%2C think they are getting worried because they would love to have a manager like JB and an owner like Wael." 

I've heard it all now :rolleyes:

To be fair Wael has given them a new stadium. At least 3 times so far.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

And the same Barnsley that stunk out the Championship, last term !

The Oxford result was a good one, though they’re struggling so far.

Prior to that they had lost at home to FGR & beat Burton who played 89 minutes a man short.

Barton presumably thinks this nonsense plays well to their deluded fan base but they haven’t played any of that division’s big hitters yet.

When they do (& come unstuck) just watch him throw more players under the bus again & all talk of doing things at a standard above their level mysteriously stop.

12 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Wacked 3-0 by Barnsley tonight - even with their premier (aka 3rd world) set up and facilities.  They're coming for us mind ?

Mind the gap.

And just like that... the "six place gap" becomes a 24 place gap.  Oh, and an entire division gap as well. Ever looking upwards at a level of football that is a distant memory for most Gasheads. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

"Read this and immediately I cannot now wait until tomorrow night I’m practically counting down the minutes until kick off.
He rallies the troops so well this bloke."

That aged well :laughcont:

"and they call us strange those 82ers really are a bunch of idiots. Yeah let's stay as we are and not aim for anything%2C think they are getting worried because they would love to have a manager like JB and an owner like Wael." 

I've heard it all now :rolleyes:

You do have to give Barton credit for one thing though - he has worked out their fanbase and literally has them on strings. Say the right things and nothing will ever be has fault as he strings £10K per week from Wally as long as he wants it or until a better offer comes along...........then the moon will be reached elsewhere!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You do have to give Barton credit for one thing though - he has worked out their fanbase and literally has them on strings. Say the right things and nothing will ever be has fault as he strings £10K per week from Wally as long as he wants it or until a better offer comes along...........then the moon will be reached elsewhere!!

Ten Haag is looking over his shoulder as we write........ :) 

Barton is all boom or bust

I have no idea why he is approaching this season in such a manner. Far better to dampen expectations a bit, 'we are newly promoted in a league of some big clubs, a season of consolidation is our aim' rather than all the gung ho nonsense about needing 5 players to compete blah blah blah

Gonna end in tears big time

As for the Gashead who seems to think we would rather have Barton and Wally... Buddy if that was remotely true we would get Barton and Wael

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Joey doesn't like making any excuses, so he only mentioned the state of the Oakwell pitch 15 times in his radio interview. The Gas, who are very similar in style to the Dutch team of the 70s, need a pristine pitch to show their real talents.

Joey Barton aka "Joey Hard Done".... by.

15 hours ago, petehinton said:

Well on course to get absolutely battered at Pompey on Saturday too, who’ve started excellently 

Pompey my dark horses this season in L1. They have 4 very good strikers for League 1. I Think they'll comfortably beat Rovers Saturday

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

About 2 years before my time, but I presume the two nearest the camera are Skeletor and Keith Curle. Apart from it being Eastville not sure what else we are looking at?

Used in these stories; they are the only two named.

Ian Holloway: My debt to Gordon Bennett, one of only two men worthy of the name 'Mr Bristol Rovers'

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/ian-holloway-debt-gordon-bennett-4546149

Ian Holloway column: Battling Keith Curle again took me back to days together at Bristol Rovers

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/ian-holloway-column-battling-keith-3920445

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Looks like another one of there bus tours. No ****** there 

Could of almost been mid-match given the consistently pathetic gates they have had through the decades.

Their most loyal "watch them from the pavements", "travel in great numbers" fans turning out in numbers again.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Struggling to work out why the bloke at the back is smiling after their stand has just burnt down.

Either he’s a City fan or he was in on the insurance scam as well?

I thought he looked like a young Trevor Morgan, but maybe there is a petrol can in his hand just out of sight. :)

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Barton is all boom or bust

I have no idea why he is approaching this season in such a manner. Far better to dampen expectations a bit, 'we are newly promoted in a league of some big clubs, a season of consolidation is our aim' rather than all the gung ho nonsense about needing 5 players to compete blah blah blah

Gonna end in tears big time

As for the Gashead who seems to think we would rather have Barton and Wally... Buddy if that was remotely true we would get Barton and Wael

Guys an idiot, can’t stand him.

Worst thing is he has most our fans wrapped around his little finger. Funny thread awhile ago where a few were claiming they never had an issue with him then a poster went and found threads from his time at Fleetwood with said posters criticising Fleetwood for hiring him and what a nasty piece of work he was etc.

He’s been given everything DC asked for and was denied. Publicly came out and said he had been given a big budget for this season but I’m not really sure what he’s done with it other than offer players new contacts then criticise them and want them out after one game. Mental.

When he came in I’m sure him and NP were battling for the worse PPG record in the whole EFL. Surprised you lot have been so patient but I’m only looking in from the outside so may be more too it. 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Guys an idiot, can’t stand him.

Worst thing is he has most our fans wrapped around his little finger. Funny thread awhile ago where a few were claiming they never had an issue with him then a poster went and found threads from his time at Fleetwood with said posters criticising Fleetwood for hiring him and what a nasty piece of work he was etc.

He’s been given everything DC asked for and was denied. Publicly came out and said he had been given a big budget for this season but I’m not really sure what he’s done with it other than offer players new contacts then criticise them and want them out after one game. Mental.

When he came in I’m sure him and NP were battling for the worse PPG record in the whole EFL. Surprised you lot have been so patient but I’m only looking in from the outside so may be more too it. 

I know a couple of "your lot" (and I'm talking real fans ,who where ever Rovers were playing, they'd be there) who refuse to attend games until he goes !

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Struggling to work out why the bloke at the back is smiling after their stand has just burnt down.

Either he’s a City fan or he was in on the insurance scam as well?

I hadn't noticed it was after the stand burning,  thought it always looked like that! 

• Haha 1