IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Blue few is my favourite. No matter how much you lot live in you’re own parallel universe where you got better support than us . planet earth knows it’s complete  bollocks. Now, what was it Danny baker said about you lot. Oh yes, Bristol rovers fans are pathological liars. And he’s a millwall fan

cotts said my favourite, rag bag rovers ???:yawn:

12 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

would they ever consider such a scumbag as Barton -

Mr Barton is on a path of self improvement/awareness after hitting rock bottom,,considering even removing himself from the equation (life) ,,as he felt his family would be better off without him - in his words,,,'after all,,they would have plenty of money to move on without him'.

I personally find that situation rather sad having visited such a place myself many moons ago.

I wish him well,I really do,,but completely get why many wouldn't.

Not easy to sanitise your past!

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Mr Barton is on a path of self improvement/awareness after hitting rock bottom,,considering even removing himself from the equation (life) ,,as he felt his family would be better off without him - in his words,,,'after all,,they would have plenty of money to move on without him'.

I personally find that situation rather sad having visited such a place myself many moons ago.

I wish him well,I really do,,but completely get why many wouldn't.

Not easy to sanitise your past!

It's very sad when anyone feels that they've reached rock bottom & have no point in being on this earth - but then it was his decision to join Rovers & he should have considered the effects & repercussions more carefully before he accepted the job. 

Yes,  I know mental illness isn't something to joke about - I'm just being a knob. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Blue few is my favourite. No matter how much you lot live in you’re own parallel universe where you got better support than us . planet earth knows it’s complete  bollocks. Now, what was it Danny baker said about you lot. Oh yes, Bristol rovers fans are pathological liars. And he’s a millwall fan

Ah, Danny Baker the racist - he's even disliked by Millwall fans these days. 

2 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I don’t know whether he’s a racist but vile human or not but his comment about your lot being pathological liars, when it comes to attendances, is spot on. How many did you take to Wembley again??

• Like 5

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

Ah yes that's right he's a racist, tweeted a picture to have a humorous dig at the royal family completely forgetting the ethnic origin of one of them and immediately deleted. I am sure that makes him a racist, we will forget the fact that he was married to a girl of colour, (however briefly) and the fact that his whole journalistic career, particularly the music part of it, points to him not being a racist. 

I am not sure when "being hated by Millwall fans" was a bad thing either.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 7
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Ah yes that's right he's a racist, tweeted a picture to have a humorous dig at the royal family completely forgetting the ethnic origin of one of them and immediately deleted. I am sure that makes him a racist, we will forget the fact that he was married to a girl of colour, (however briefly) and the fact that his whole journalistic career, particularly the music part of it, points to him not being a racist. 

Made a comment a Rovers fan doesn’t like though, (which struck a nerve about their bullshitting tendencies) so clearly must be a racist.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Was one of the ‘must listen to’ radio shows in the day. Someone presenting who understood real football fans rather than a manufactured pompous graduate posing as a pseudo fan.

That ‘racist’ incident was all a load of carp, created by people who knew nothing about him or his history.

Aside from all that he called the Sags out for being ‘pathological liars’, so he is obviously an observant, genuine and a decent chap.

Not aware of any Millwall fan that dislikes him either, but I suppose you’ll always get a few who’ll have a pop at a celebrity because that’s what they do. Either that or his political views don’t accord with them, which brings us full circle and reinforces the fact he’s a non-racist. 

Edited by RedRock
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

As a close neighbour I can attest that his kids are as decent and polite as they come, which is as odds as he's a hypocritical, curmudgeonly and rather objectionable tw*t of the first water. As for pathological lying, well he'd know a thing or two about that.

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

As a close neighbour I can attest that his kids are as decent and polite as they come, which is as odds as he's a hypocritical, curmudgeonly and rather objectionable tw*t of the first water. As for pathological lying, well he'd know a thing or two about that.

Sad to hear that. I always really liked him and thought the racist thing was nonsense. I hate phone in shows, but his was brilliant. I've always had a soft spot for Millwall as well, having a few cousins who support them, I was in the away end at Ashton with one of them when it all went mental (late 80s?) and thought I might possibly die if anyone heard me talk and was at the last game at The Den, which again was a bit hairy.  I was also at the Den for a home game against West Ham where I really did think I might die, I was in a pub that was attacked by West Ham fans , windows put through from the outside, while Millwall fans were trying to get outside to fight, it was ******* terrifying!

Anyway, after that game I bumped into Danny and told him about how I once led 2000 Tote Enders onto the East End, it would have been 4000, but the rest got locked out. This last sentence may have had some bearing on Danny's opinion of the best fans in the land. It may also possibly not be true.

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

32 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Sad to hear that. I always really liked him and thought the racist thing was nonsense. I hate phone in shows, but his was brilliant. I've always had a soft spot for Millwall as well, having a few cousins who support them, I was in the away end at Ashton with one of them when it all went mental (late 80s?) and thought I might possibly die if anyone heard me talk and was at the last game at The Den, which again was a bit hairy.  I was also at the Den for a home game against West Ham where I really did think I might die, I was in a pub that was attacked by West Ham fans , windows put through from the outside, while Millwall fans were trying to get outside to fight, it was ******* terrifying!

Anyway, after that game I bumped into Danny and told him about how I once led 2000 Tote Enders onto the East End, it would have been 4000, but the rest got locked out. This last sentence may have had some bearing on Danny's opinion of the best fans in the land. It may also possibly not be true.

Millwall ‘when it all went mental’ at the Gate could be any match since about 1968.

The 84/85 encounter was, from my recollection, the worst. Think that was the one when not only did I wonder if I would survive the day, but seriously questioned the future of all humanity!

3 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

He was excellent on Radio 5, back in the day.  A fair few Millwall fans have seen through the facade now, and see him as you have described. 

6 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I don’t know whether he’s a racist but vile human or not but his comment about your lot being pathological liars, when it comes to attendances, is spot on. How many did you take to Wembley again??

No idea - I'm interested in watching football, not monitoring attendance figures.  If you want to know about Rovers attendances, you're in the right place, as there seem to be a lot of experts on here. ?

29 minutes ago, In the Net said:

No idea - I'm interested in watching football, not monitoring attendance figures.  If you want to know about Rovers attendances, you're in the right place, as there seem to be a lot of experts on here. ?

Not experts.

Just people who know fact from fiction ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, In the Net said:

No idea? Yes it seems to get a bit vague or should I say gaslogic when put on the spot. 

Believe me, none of us give the slightest about your attendances whatever league you're in but we all have a laugh at the sags pitiful attempts to big themselves up.

• Flames 1

8 hours ago, In the Net said:

That's a rather ironic comment - when you are deliberately choosing to be in very much the wrong place,  if you don't like derogatory comments about Rovers. 

8 hours ago, Swede said:

No idea? Yes it seems to get a bit vague or should I say gaslogic when put on the spot. 

Believe me, none of us give the slightest about your attendances whatever league you're in but we all have a laugh at the sags pitiful attempts to big themselves up.

It would be interesting (?) to know how all the junior 15ers got on with their Maths GCSE results.

My guess is that they all failed, miserably.

• Haha 1