IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

What did he say?

I’d have to listen to again, but something about how if he coached a team like that he’d rather stay at home on a Saturday afternoon. Then something like ‘how old is he now? in his sixties? And all he knows is playing football like that’.

Then some nonsense about how he’s spoken to Luke Leahy and told him to come back and play for a proper football team.

13 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Unsurprisingly the absolute weapon that manages them is currently being an utter *** about Cotterill on Radio Bristol.

Never sure whether it’s just the dreadful bloke that he is or he’s trying to play up to their fans, but good god. 

When he gets over 99 points in League 1 and a Mickey Mouse Cup trophy in the same season he has then earned the right to be Billy Big Bollocks. Until then……

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

I’d have to listen to again, but something about how if he coached a team like that he’d rather stay at home on a Saturday afternoon. Then something like ‘how old is he now? in his sixties? And all he knows is playing football like that’.

Then some nonsense about how he’s spoken to Luke Leahy and told him to come back and play for a proper football team.

What a ******* cock he is. No class whatsoever the jumped up little scouse thug. They deserve each other up at the tented village.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Unsurprisingly the absolute weapon that manages them is currently being an utter *** about Cotterill on Radio Bristol.

Never sure whether it’s just the dreadful bloke that he is or he’s trying to play up to their fans, but good god. 

It’s both.

He’s a dreadful bloke who plays up to their fans.

Cotterill won’t give a **** what that scumbag says about him.

Talking of crowds, in the same division Argyle had 14,600 today, obvious who the only other significant club is in the South West.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’ve had a word removed from one of my posts a mod has told me as there’s been complaints. It a derogatory term apparently . It’s used to describe a Irish person of the travelling community. I’ve no problem with the mods removing it per se. However, if anyone reading this was one of the people to complain , then at least have the gumption to complain to me. Also if you’re offended by such a word then you need to have a good look in the mirror.  

And yet they let Robbored keep his aviator.... double standards.... but then again he is the protected one..... 

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Talking of crowds, in the same division Argyle had 14,600 today, obvious who the only other significant club is in the South West.

That’s an unfair comparison Graham,

There wasn’t a balloon fiesta in Plymouth a few weeks ago, nor was there cricket on down there a few days ago.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

For a laugh I had a look at the Gas forum. They’re all blaming “the dark arts” of Shrewsbury for not winning. It’s like reading a Harry Potter book 

A quick look at the stats suggest they were more than lucky to come away with a point. 

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

It’s both.

The man is a detestable roaster.

A complete Shitlord.

He IS Mr Bristol Rovers.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

For a laugh I had a look at the Gas forum. They’re all blaming “the dark arts” of Shrewsbury for not winning. It’s like reading a Harry Potter book 

Harry Potter is successful.

They're more like the straight to Sy-Fi channel movie "Henry Plotter and the Goblet of Flames".

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Barton’s post game interview ??‍♂️ 

Perhaps he’s one of those where when they are your manager you love him but my word what a patronising t***er he is. Would love to hear Cotterills response. 

I know who my money would have been on in a fight (when they were both in their prime), Cotts would have taken him apart, unless, of course Joey bag was carrying a good old scouse shiv !

Steve Cotterill condemns crowd abuse after Shrewsbury draw at Bristol Rovers

52a3d35c2b498061b9f8f43d60dbeab2Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjYxNzEwNTY2-2.65612587.jpg?w=1200&ssl=1

Shrewsbury manager Steve Cotterill has condemned the Bristol Rovers fans who subjected him to a torrent of vile abuse following the 1-1 draw at Memorial Ground.

The former Bristol City manager was heading to the touchline for his post-match interview duties when home fans in the stands stopped him in his tracks and attacked him with a series of four-letter words.

A fan also yelled “I wish you were dead” at Cotterill, who had a brush with death during a lengthy battle with Covid-19 last season.

Cotterill was involved in a verbal confrontation with the small group of middle-aged men remaining in the stands before a fellow Rovers fan silenced them as children milled about on the ground.

“I came back here as a former Bristol city manager who has been successful and still has a home in the city,” said Cotterill.

“Such abuse is not acceptable, but I have a lot of good friends who are ardent Rovers fans.

“There are some people who decide that they want to have something to say, but I don’t know what you can do about it. You have to take it.

“They’re far enough away from you, but there are a lot of people who are brave when they’re 20 or 30 feet away.

“The administration was pretty good and another guy told them to shut up, but unfortunately this happens in football. Fortunately, it is an isolated incident.”

It spoiled a thrilling finish in which Shrewsbury striker Ryan Bowman played the role of super substitute to perfection to salvage a point for the visitors with an 80th-minute strike from close range.

He scored after his replacement partner Ryan Loft put Rovers ahead in the 68th minute, just seven minutes after entering the fray, after excellent help from striker Aaron Collins.

Cotterill was disappointed that his return to the West Country only yielded a draw, stating: “I’m really pleased with the way we applied ourselves in what is an unforgiving place, but we had something like 20 goal attempts so I’m not satisfied with one point.”

Rovers manager Joey Barton later criticized Cotterill after he was asked about a series of game-interrupting stoppages, much to the former Newcastle player’s frustration.

Barton said: “It was a game they established their spot early and gave us the ultimate compliment by playing five at the back but we’re gutted we haven’t taken maximum points.

“Stops are part of their strategy. Steve has been training for a long time, but I’m not sure he would go out on a Saturday afternoon if that was what he was training for.

“I would stay home to see Liverpool win 9-0. I don’t get it. Is that what you’ve been taught in the game? But we have to find solutions.

“We are not a fluid team like Barcelona, so it will be difficult when teams camp in their own half and don’t show much ambition.

“I take it as a compliment that they were afraid of us. If I were the manager of an established League One team against a newly promoted team like us, I’d say ‘let’s play them’.

“That’s probably why they’ve only won six in 20-something and they won’t win many points for style.

“And the players won’t want to play like that. They want to play football.”

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Cotts doesn’t put his wife on the floor and kick her in the head though.

He’s learned not to do that.

• Like 5
  • Flames 4

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

52a3d35c2b498061b9f8f43d60dbeab2Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjYxNzEwNTY2-2.65612587.jpg?w=1200&ssl=1

Shrewsbury manager Steve Cotterill has condemned the Bristol Rovers fans who subjected him to a torrent of vile abuse following the 1-1 draw at Memorial Ground.

The former Bristol City manager was heading to the touchline for his post-match interview duties when home fans in the stands stopped him in his tracks and attacked him with a series of four-letter words.

A fan also yelled “I wish you were dead” at Cotterill, who had a brush with death during a lengthy battle with Covid-19 last season.

Cotterill was involved in a verbal confrontation with the small group of middle-aged men remaining in the stands before a fellow Rovers fan silenced them as children milled about on the ground.

“I came back here as a former Bristol city manager who has been successful and still has a home in the city,” said Cotterill.

“Such abuse is not acceptable, but I have a lot of good friends who are ardent Rovers fans.

“There are some people who decide that they want to have something to say, but I don’t know what you can do about it. You have to take it.

“They’re far enough away from you, but there are a lot of people who are brave when they’re 20 or 30 feet away.

“The administration was pretty good and another guy told them to shut up, but unfortunately this happens in football. Fortunately, it is an isolated incident.”

It spoiled a thrilling finish in which Shrewsbury striker Ryan Bowman played the role of super substitute to perfection to salvage a point for the visitors with an 80th-minute strike from close range.

He scored after his replacement partner Ryan Loft put Rovers ahead in the 68th minute, just seven minutes after entering the fray, after excellent help from striker Aaron Collins.

Cotterill was disappointed that his return to the West Country only yielded a draw, stating: “I’m really pleased with the way we applied ourselves in what is an unforgiving place, but we had something like 20 goal attempts so I’m not satisfied with one point.”

Rovers manager Joey Barton later criticized Cotterill after he was asked about a series of game-interrupting stoppages, much to the former Newcastle player’s frustration.

Barton said: “It was a game they established their spot early and gave us the ultimate compliment by playing five at the back but we’re gutted we haven’t taken maximum points.

“Stops are part of their strategy. Steve has been training for a long time, but I’m not sure he would go out on a Saturday afternoon if that was what he was training for.

“I would stay home to see Liverpool win 9-0. I don’t get it. Is that what you’ve been taught in the game? But we have to find solutions.

“We are not a fluid team like Barcelona, so it will be difficult when teams camp in their own half and don’t show much ambition.

“I take it as a compliment that they were afraid of us. If I were the manager of an established League One team against a newly promoted team like us, I’d say ‘let’s play them’.

“That’s probably why they’ve only won six in 20-something and they won’t win many points for style.

Stay classy s*ggies as always.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

You as a fan base I mean or are you distancing yourself from the rest of your lot .

You quoted one of my posts, so it seemed very much as though you were referring to me personally.  You obviously have anger issues, and seem to have singled me out as your online punchbag, you never offer any sensible debate.  Life's too short for that sort of sh*t, just to clarify I was not one of the people who complained about your post - I would have left it as it was, so that everybody could see your true colours. 

5 minutes ago, In the Net said:

You quoted one of my posts, so it seemed very much as though you were referring to me personally.  You obviously have anger issues, and seem to have singled me out as your online punchbag, you never offer any sensible debate.  Life's too short for that sort of sh*t, just to clarify I was not one of the people who complained about your post - I would have left it as it was, so that everybody could see your true colours. 

It’s nothing personal . I’ve happily conversed with you plenty of times & you generally post sensible debate or banter. I just couldn’t get my head around why anybody especially a woman would back Barton . You’re more than welcome on here. Apologies if it came across angry or aggressive. It wasn’t my attention at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The (Adams) Family club at it again……..

• Like 1