IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

34 minutes ago, bert tann said:

I have to admire your pluck in challenging that credulous mob on the Rovers fans forum.

Many have wondered how such seemingly incompatible characters as Mr Al-Quidi and Mr Barton could find common purpose and the answer may be that they are both, in their own way, Gaslighters.

Here is an interesting article from Forbes magazine.

Gaslighters: Aggressors Playing The Victim

One of the ways that gaslighters/narcissists exert their power through playing the victim.  In relationships, gaslighters play the victim in order to manipulate and guilt their partners into doing their will.  On a global stage, when gaslighter "plays the role" of a victim, it takes on a different tone.  A gaslighting leader who plays the victim rallies supporters into defending the gaslighter against a perceived enemy.  This serves two purposes—to distract from the gaslighter's behavior and to keep the perceived enemy off-kilter by quickly switching from an aggressor to a victim.

The gaslighter attacks whenever someone questions or criticizes the gaslighter's behavior—and whoever stands up for those who question the gaslighter are similarly attacked.  However, when the pressure is on the gaslighter, they play the "poor me" card quickly.

What should you do when you go from being attacked by a gaslighter to being painted as the aggressor by the same person?  You could immediately defend yourself, but you run the risk of looking like you are validating the gaslighter's accusations.  If you stay silent and wait for the gaslighter's comments to die down, damage may already have been done to your reputation.  This is exactly what the gaslighter seeks—putting you in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.  That is where the gaslighter gets his power.  Controlling through playing the victim gets the gaslighter as much attention as being an aggressor.

Maybe a combination of defense and then laying low is the solution.  State the truth, with verification of that truth—then let the gaslighter's comments ride out their impact.  When a gaslighter makes enough swings from aggressor and victim towards the same source, others start to notice the pattern.  Then people will immediately question the source when the gaslighter acts as if they have been "done wrong."

Nice to hear from you again Bert. You usually give us regular updates on the fruitcase stadium, but you haven’t said anything lately. Got any ITK, from the horses mouth, definitive, dependable, say no more nudge nudge news? 

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well, we are all entitled to an opinion I suppose. Rovers were poor on Saturday, but Shrewsbury really did all they could to kill the game stone dead. My posts have been saying we have been great to watch since January - and for those who are so fond of quoting stats on here- I believe I am right in saying than we have won more games in2022 than any other league team, that was certainly the case up until a couple of weeks ago.

This season- like last- hasn't started so well, I have said elsewhere that maybe the step up and the loss of two star players from last season will prove very telling, because 6 games in and we have only put in 2 good performances and one of those was against what appears to be a very poor team who were down to 10 men for virtually the entire game.

My other concern would be that the performance at Barnsley- which I watched on I follow- we were lucky to only lose 3-0 and that against a team who. from memory. were utter shite last year, which could well show that we will be looking towards the bottom half of the table rather than the top.

Anyway, long, long way to go and all that and I do have  a fair bit of faith in the squad- they earned that last season- and a manager (and I'm talking about him purely in football terms) who knows how to get the best out of his players.

I'm hoping my absence this Saturday against Morecambe may inspire them :)

I am off glory hunting at Celtic for the week. annoying I booked flights Friday to Monday for me and my wife, but now we have gone and drawn Real Madrid on the Tuesday I have had to extend my stay , bin the flights and will drive up.

So if anyone fancies a weekend for 2 in Glasgow- I have some flights going cheap!

Rovers and Celtic. 
cat face GIF

• Like 5
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 1

55 minutes ago, bert tann said:

I have to admire your pluck in challenging that credulous mob on the Rovers fans forum.

Many have wondered how such seemingly incompatible characters as Mr Al-Quidi and Mr Barton could find common purpose and the answer may be that they are both, in their own way, Gaslighters.

Here is an interesting article from Forbes magazine.

Gaslighters: Aggressors Playing The Victim

One of the ways that gaslighters/narcissists exert their power through playing the victim.  In relationships, gaslighters play the victim in order to manipulate and guilt their partners into doing their will.  On a global stage, when gaslighter "plays the role" of a victim, it takes on a different tone.  A gaslighting leader who plays the victim rallies supporters into defending the gaslighter against a perceived enemy.  This serves two purposes—to distract from the gaslighter's behavior and to keep the perceived enemy off-kilter by quickly switching from an aggressor to a victim.

The gaslighter attacks whenever someone questions or criticizes the gaslighter's behavior—and whoever stands up for those who question the gaslighter are similarly attacked.  However, when the pressure is on the gaslighter, they play the "poor me" card quickly.

What should you do when you go from being attacked by a gaslighter to being painted as the aggressor by the same person?  You could immediately defend yourself, but you run the risk of looking like you are validating the gaslighter's accusations.  If you stay silent and wait for the gaslighter's comments to die down, damage may already have been done to your reputation.  This is exactly what the gaslighter seeks—putting you in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.  That is where the gaslighter gets his power.  Controlling through playing the victim gets the gaslighter as much attention as being an aggressor.

Maybe a combination of defense and then laying low is the solution.  State the truth, with verification of that truth—then let the gaslighter's comments ride out their impact.  When a gaslighter makes enough swings from aggressor and victim towards the same source, others start to notice the pattern.  Then people will immediately question the source when the gaslighter acts as if they have been "done wrong."

Oh you're preaching to the converted here; Wael and Barton especially are classic narcissist's. Mind you, when we have the dopey narcissist running Her Game Too quite close to the club, he's in good company. (Funny how they don't mention him battering his Mrs, isn't it? Almost like they gain something out of it...).

As for our forum, if I'm honest I've been on there as much as I've been on here in the last two years or so, it's full of absolute morons who lap up the crap that Barton and Wael spout without challenging it. Wael says the club has no debt...the club has no debt. Never mind the fact its hidden behind Jersey company reporting which is less transparent than mud.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Nice to hear from you again Bert. You usually give us regular updates on the fruitcase stadium, but you haven’t said anything lately. Got any ITK, from the horses mouth, definitive, dependable, say no more nudge nudge news? 

No further communication between Mr Al-Quidi and Mr Cheever-Loophole of Lavignac/Conygar after their carrier pigeon was shot down over Turkey.  Or it might have been that their Turkey was shot down over Equatorial Guinea. I couldn't hear properly because the horse had laryngitis.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well, we are all entitled to an opinion I suppose. Rovers were poor on Saturday, but Shrewsbury really did all they could to kill the game stone dead. My posts have been saying we have been great to watch since January - and for those who are so fond of quoting stats on here- I believe I am right in saying than we have won more games in2022 than any other league team, that was certainly the case up until a couple of weeks ago.

This season- like last- hasn't started so well, I have said elsewhere that maybe the step up and the loss of two star players from last season will prove very telling, because 6 games in and we have only put in 2 good performances and one of those was against what appears to be a very poor team who were down to 10 men for virtually the entire game.

My other concern would be that the performance at Barnsley- which I watched on I follow- we were lucky to only lose 3-0 and that against a team who. from memory. were utter shite last year, which could well show that we will be looking towards the bottom half of the table rather than the top.

Anyway, long, long way to go and all that and I do have  a fair bit of faith in the squad- they earned that last season- and a manager (and I'm talking about him purely in football terms) who knows how to get the best out of his players.

I'm hoping my absence this Saturday against Morecambe may inspire them :)

I am off glory hunting at Celtic for the week. annoying I booked flights Friday to Monday for me and my wife, but now we have gone and drawn Real Madrid on the Tuesday I have had to extend my stay , bin the flights and will drive up.

So if anyone fancies a weekend for 2 in Glasgow- I have some flights going cheap!

Will be in a pub in Blackburn on Saturday lunchtime hoping for a Green victory

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Oh you're preaching to the converted here; Wael and Barton especially are classic narcissist's. Mind you, when we have the dopey narcissist running Her Game Too quite close to the club, he's in good company. (Funny how they don't mention him battering his Mrs, isn't it? Almost like they gain something out of it...).

As for our forum, if I'm honest I've been on there as much as I've been on here in the last two years or so, it's full of absolute morons who lap up the crap that Barton and Wael spout without challenging it. Wael says the club has no debt...the club has no debt. Never mind the fact its hidden behind Jersey company reporting which is less transparent than mud.

You were asked about what you fear Mr Al-Quidi is doing behind the scenes.

Some supporters fear he is about to pass control of Rovers to a Liverpool businessman with experience of sewing mail bags.

18 hours ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

100%. I know it's true that all clubs have their morons but when we have a manager with a rap sheet longer than your arm what do you expect. Sad to see some people trying to dismiss it as 'banter' too. The same people sang songs a few weeks back about Matt Taylor dying. Shocking.

That sort of behaviour is despicable, however, as somebody who attends matches, I've not noticed any increase/decrease since Barton arrived - the Matty Taylor song isn't exactly new.  The morons were there long before Barton, and no doubt will be there after he's gone - unfortunately. 

• Robin 1

Teehee - defeat for the Rent Boys on spot kicks at Plymuff tonight. I wonder who that colossal Scouse moon unit will blame for that.

”I mean; if their manager wants them to put penalties away like that then fair enough but I would not want to play like that. I’d pack up and go home if I were he.”

Edited by WessexPest
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

How many did we take down there in preseason? ???

Of course that was a Saturday, and Papa John’s boycott, and, and…

But when has context ever mattered when that bunch of tossers cherry-pick away attendances of ours?

BA1AF63A-7000-46F4-A9D4-A59FAEBD6E28.jpeg

Whilst I completely agree with the ‘boycott’ and low crowds I think we all know plymouth would have taken a lot more to the gas 

6 hours ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Steady, you have a very balanced opinion on the goings on in North Korea Horfield. I think you should change your second name to Robin. You'll see even more with two eyes.

3 hours ago, WessexPest said:

How many did we take down there in preseason? ???

Of course that was a Saturday, and Papa John’s boycott, and, and…

But when has context ever mattered when that bunch of tossers cherry-pick away attendances of ours?

BA1AF63A-7000-46F4-A9D4-A59FAEBD6E28.jpeg

Yeah can we get an official Gaslogic away attendance to home support % calculation as they’re so ******* proud of their shit, made up to suit them, mathematical formula…..

Ok, results are in:

Bristol Rovers have a travelling support that is 1.1% of their home support, not my rules….they need to blame themselves for that embarrassing outcome.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I am sure Joey will have something to say about all those penalties at the end, I couldn't see a foul for any of the Argyle ones. :)  

He wouldn't know he couldn't be bothered to turn up, couple of days ago he was saying how they could do without these Papa John's games ?