IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Why are gas heads over  obsessed with new signings . They never spend any money on anyone and yet every year they think Weal is going to splash the cash and bring in lots of top signings , is there a more deluded fan base in the country they are all bonkers.

They won’t even spend one of these combined tomorrow 

image.png.d3d35ec4602d0f52a46bace012ebf05f.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 15
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, In the Net said:

I'd hope that nobody brings 95 to us in this competition - it's always been a bit tin pot, but totally ruined with the addition of the Under 23's (now Under 21's) from the Prem clubs.  Thin end of the wedge as the Premier League behemoth marches on. 

I 100pc agree. I was only posting in jest.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, In the Net said:

I think that the interest has always picked up when it gets to the quarter final stages, even in the original format.  Once there's a slight whiff of "Wembley" in the air, it becomes exciting! 

When you've driven the A406 from Hanger Lane to Brent Cross every day, the "slight whiff of Wembley" is indeed a stench you come to loathe...  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So the Fewers have slashed ticket prices this weekend, a tenner for adults and quid a kid.

Lunacy if you ask me.

Given they sell out every week at full price.

(They'll have to come up with a fantastic excuse for not selling out this weekend).

Boob Cricket 20/20 match at Ashton Court............

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So the Fewers have slashed ticket prices this weekend, a tenner for adults and quid a kid.

Lunacy if you ask me.

(They'll have to come up with a fantastic excuse for not selling out this weekend).

They had to do something after their truly pathetic 8,500 crowd v Shrewsbury.

I had absolutely no idea who they were playing, so looked it up, seeing as it is Morecambe I really doubt it will change much, as let’s face it, unless you are already gas no one is choosing to support them in the city these days.

They’re a club that is slowly dying, both metaphorically & literally.

19 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

We took 98 to Hull.

A figure Gasheads love to bring up time and time again wilfully ignoring the circumstances.

I’d even argue that their game last night in a competition that offers their only real hope of silverware was more competitive than our dead rubber trip that night in 2013.

They will say they don’t care about the EFL Trophy and it’s a ‘boycott’ but then fill their ground if they get to the semis again like they did a couple of years ago against Sunderland (a year that also included under 21 teams).

Horrible night that, I'd been in Newcastle for work I think and decided to "stop by" on my way home for the game. I think it was Scotty outside offering everyone a free ticket

Driving home after I remember getting stopped in a standstill on the A1 for 2 hours at like 1 in the morning, struggling to stay awake as not knowing when we might move if at all.

Worst part is when we got moving again there was no sign of any incident anywhere

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

First one in through the door. Josh Coburn on loan from Boro. Bet they can’t wait to see him hit the ground runn…oh…

If they end up signing 2 strikers, one injured & one who has never scored a goal, after banging the drum about needing players in all positions except striker…..:laugh:

18 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Known in the trade as `doing a Whelan`

That interview he did about reining in Wael's amibtion. Because if it was up to the Chairman, he'd be spending vast amounts on money on these transfers,?

Joey Barton sends message to Bristol City as he shoots for the moon with Bristol Rovers - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

That interview he did about reining in Wael's amibtion. Because if it was up to the Chairman, he'd be spending vast amounts on money on these transfers,?

Joey Barton sends message to Bristol City as he shoots for the moon with Bristol Rovers - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

"Rovers beat Oxford United 1-0 on Saturday..."

****!!!!!!!!!

Edited by AppyDAZE

31 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

First one in through the door. Josh Coburn on loan from Boro. Bet they can’t wait to see him hit the ground runn…oh…

Why would you bring a player in on loan that is going to be injured until the end of September?

Smacks of a bit of desperation, just to show the "6 signings" wasn't just pie in the sky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Lunacy if you ask me.

Bloke on the disabled gate is going to have to slash his price to a fiver (cash only mind)

• Haha 3

• Admin
2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Lunacy if you ask me.

Seems very late in the week to be announcing this, or has it been these prices since they went on sale?

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Lunacy if you ask me.

Downs Festival will get a mention I'm sure.

On 30/08/2022 at 22:41, Port Said Red said:

I am sure Joey will have something to say about all those penalties at the end, I couldn't see a foul for any of the Argyle ones. :)  

Given the amount of practice they've had in League games, I was surprised Rovers lost on penalties.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Imagine the scenes on here if we signed a player on loan who's injured for the next 5 weeks!

Fewers reckon its a masterstroke by the Thug.

#gaslogic

Decent player for a lower league one side. It is a bit odd to sign someone who will miss the next several matches at least though. 

41 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Decent player for a lower league one side. It is a bit odd to sign someone who will miss the next several matches at least though. 

It's a season long loan, so there will be plenty of time left for him to become involved.  I get that people think it's odd, but I will be interested to see how it pans out long term. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Yes, it's one of 3 Category C matches, which I assume means that lower crowds are anticipated.  Cambridge is another one, can't remember the 3rd. 

"Lower crowds are anticipated"!!! 

At Rovers!?! 

I'm not having that! I was told it's a sell out every time at the "Mem Stad", with thousands locked out... ???

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Yes, it's one of 3 Category C matches, which I assume means that lower crowds are anticipated.  Cambridge is another one, can't remember the 3rd. 

The 3rd one where low crowds are anticipated is….

Portsmouth

Ipswich

Sheff Wed

Peterborough

Plymouth

Derby

Charlton

Exeter

Bolton

Accrington

Wycombe

MK Dons

Fleetwood

Barnsley

Oxford Utd

Lincoln

Port Vale

Shrewsbury

Cheltenham

Forest Green

Burton A

?????

• Haha 7

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/20080/gas-pompey-fans-fa-investigation

Took just the 1st reply to mention us. Instead of realising they have a problem within their fanbase some (most condone it) they try to find an excuse.

'But them nasty shitheads dun it aswell'

'Isit cos we got Barton in charge, they look for any reason to punish us'

No your just a bunch of kn0bs.