IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Has he not noticed how dwindled his own club's attendances already are? Despite the thrilling football they apparently play they couldn't fill the ground when the capacity was reduced despite once taking 40,000 to Wembley.*

Has it also occurred to him that fans also want modern stadiums with quality facilities so might be deterred from watching football in the worst stadium in the EFL?

All Shrewsbury's fault though.

*may not be accurate.

No, by about 20 k  !

13 minutes ago, In the Net said:

The stupid thing is, they probably could have won the game if their players hadn't kept getting picked out by the sniper in the stands.  We were poor, expecially the defence, they should have just kept coming at us.  First 12 minutes of the match, the ball was out of play for 6 minutes.

Probably stuck under a car .

• Haha 13

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

He's still banging on about the Shrews...

Barton made clear his displeasure with the flow of the game against Shrewsbury, who were effective in breaking the game up and nullifying the atmosphere at the Mem. He expects a similar approach from Morecambe on Saturday.

"I'm looking forward to it," Barton added. "Hopefully we don't get another 5-4-1 but it looks like it based on watching them play. I was a bit ill this week and I don't know if that was (from) watching Shrewsbury play on Saturday or not. It gave me a bit of a tummy ache.

"We've got to remember we're in the entertainment business and if we allow teams who have no intention of playing football to come and spoil games of football, attendances are going to dwindle and, rightly so, people will vote with their wallet and they won't come and attend football matches.

"People have got choices to make with their money and they want to be entertained, they want to watch a really good game of football, end-to-end and teams competing and goals scored. You don't want to watch players rolling around on the floor."

It’s so ******* obvious he wasn’t ill, which makes the above so embarrassing. Calls a competition pointless, urges fans not to attend the game, then is mysteriously ill himself? Makes sense

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

He's still banging on about the Shrews...

Barton made clear his displeasure with the flow of the game against Shrewsbury, who were effective in breaking the game up and nullifying the atmosphere at the Mem. He expects a similar approach from Morecambe on Saturday.

"I'm looking forward to it," Barton added. "Hopefully we don't get another 5-4-1 but it looks like it based on watching them play. I was a bit ill this week and I don't know if that was (from) watching Shrewsbury play on Saturday or not. It gave me a bit of a tummy ache.

"We've got to remember we're in the entertainment business and if we allow teams who have no intention of playing football to come and spoil games of football, attendances are going to dwindle and, rightly so, people will vote with their wallet and they won't come and attend football matches.

"People have got choices to make with their money and they want to be entertained, they want to watch a really good game of football, end-to-end and teams competing and goals scored. You don't want to watch players rolling around on the floor."

The origin of the word ‘cock’  in the English language occurred just after Joey’s birth. It’s true. 

4 hours ago, Super said:

Live on Sky

Wednesday 26 October - Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol Rovers - 8.00pm

There is going to be no keeping them off the television soon. They have only gone and landed another TV deal:-

Scrapheap Challenge

Series 3 Episode 1

Teams compete each week to construct a junk machine, using only what they can scavenge from the Bristol Rovers Training Ground. Every series builds to a final contest - and the crowning of a champion team.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

McCormick's desire, Al-Qadi's intervention and the story of Bristol Rovers' transfer window - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

It's articles like this that really wind me up.

Sam Perry, the Gas lead writer at Bristol Live is so far up the arse of the club that any objectivity is out the window.

Rather than saying, the club doesn't have any  decent amount of money for permanent signings/a new ground (not built by anyone else)/an Academy with Category status/or a training ground that doesn't resemble a building site. He keeps propagating this "Everything is awesome, with our fabulously wealthy owner" mantra.

An interesting slip.

The late Robin Perry was an Evening Post journalist who used to write about Rovers, and was an excellent journalist, as was the late Peter Godsiff, who used to write about City at the same time. 

The current Bristol Live journalist is, in fact, Sam Frost, who appears to be very much like the character you described ?

6 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Blimey, on Saturday, Bristol Zoo is closing its gates for the last time. Anyone think that it’ll be given as a probable cause of a below average gate at the Mem tomorrow? Bloody Johnny Morris. 

its their new ground,no building necessary,just a bit of shit to pick up but theyre used to that.