IGNORED

How many ex City

Alan Dicks

17 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Geoff merrick, went there for a year and helped bring the kids on.

I recall one game, the year gordon owen missed the pens, going to  a away game.

Everyone got a cheer when they got off the coach,

And when Trevor morgan got off, he got a few boos,

He laughed in a cockney accent, and said allright lads,

How do you laugh in a cockney accent, did he sound like Sid James?

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Morgan played for us first, then joined Bolton, then the few & we signed him for a second time from them.

Last player to join us directly from them prior to Matty Taylor.

Not sure that’s quite correct Graham - Trev Morgan played for us first then he went to Exeter, then to the Gas, then back to us and then he left us for Bolton - after his second stint with City ...

4 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Didn't Cashley start with the Slags?

Came through the ranks here. Started as a fullback.

3 hours ago, Elmore James said:

Trevor Morgan rings a bell... or did he come from them to City?

982188338_Screenshot2021-07-30at16_29_47.png.5b2a86ff5ce1cbad303fbac701b02e4a.png

56 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Give trev his due.

Scored some important goals.

Scored important ant goals. Scored the 2 at Chester to get us promoted, they were massive.

29 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Was he the one that got non stop abuse from City fans at Bournemouth and was never seen again ?

I’ve a vague recollection! I think you’re right. A former Swindon, Newport and Gas Welsh player…. We could’ve signed a mass murderer and he’d have got less stick!

Here’s another blast from the past who previously played for them… Graham Withey. 

6 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Marcus Stewart although his time here is best forgotten.

To be fair to Marcus, he never hid his allegiance when he was at the swamp.

I met him when he was at Huddersfield as we were both godparents to a friends son, and Marcus was definitely a red. Such a pity it didn't happen for him here.

6 hours ago, Rich said:

Peter Aitken, them to us, we were in desperate times though.

I played for one season alongside Peter Aitken in central midfield for a local non league side - he was awesome; lots of ‘spectator’ people are quick to dismiss ex pro players when they drop down a level or two - saying they are useless, donkeys, plodders, over the hill etc etc etc

But Peter Aitken was truly awesome, he respected the level at which he was playing, he gave absolutely everything he had in every game and he taught me loads in that season, he talked to me non-stop throughout every 90 minutes, telling me where I should be and what I should do - a proper ex pro and a lovely, lovely guy - he was also the first to the bar after each game and he drank us all under the table.

We only fell out once - in a curry house in Bristol on a team night out when I’d had a couple of shandies - I brought up the Spurs 9 Gas 0 game and I was giving it plenty - our team manager marched up to me and told me to “shut the f@ck up” - I asked why and he said our star midfielder, Mr Aitken, was playing for da roverzzz that day and he was looking daggers at me ... oh well, the freedom of youth! F@ck em ...

Archived