IGNORED

Oxford Utd conveyor belt into BS3

where's the joy

A few interesting comments from a pal who is a keen Oxford Utd fan; most of which cheered me up

COD was too controlled by his dad (who is also his agent) and has been held back in stepping up to the heights he is capable of because of his overbearing father's know it all attitude. He should get his own agent!

Mark Ashton was a poor appointment for them who hid from trouble, took centre stage when there was applause but was deemed thoroughly untrustworthy. Their fans were thrillled when he left and couldn't understand us falling for his bull.

Atkinson is a baller and a great player in the making. Times this runs as well as Harry Maguire. Only criticism is that when he advances he tends to pass inside and miss the overlapping fullback. A very solid purchase for us, who will do well

Lastly what a good manager you now have, you will start motoring from here on

I bought him a cider and thanked him for his soothing sentiments and said I would spread the word...........so here you are

20 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

A few interesting comments from a pal who is a keen Oxford Utd fan; most of which cheered me up

COD was too controlled by his dad (who is also his agent) and has been held back in stepping up to the heights he is capable of because of his overbearing father's know it all attitude. He should get his own agent!

Mark Ashton was a poor appointment for them who hid from trouble, took centre stage when there was applause but was deemed thoroughly untrustworthy. Their fans were thrillled when he left and couldn't understand us falling for his bull.

Atkinson is a baller and a great player in the making. Times this runs as well as Harry Maguire. Only criticism is that when he advances he tends to pass inside and miss the overlapping fullback. A very solid purchase for us, who will do well

I bought him a cider and thanked him for his soothing sentiments and said I would spread the word...........so here you are

Good feeling about Atkinson - did he say who the next promising young Oxford player is we should be looking out for?

No mention of Matty Taylor in your conversation?

29 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

Absolute rubbish.

Teflon is just who you need in a crisis, the sort of bloke who you want stood next to you in the trenches. He's the guy who leads everyone over the top of the trenches without a second thought. A leader, an out and out warrior, someone who takes everything on the chin himself as long as his troops aren't under fire. No amount of money you pay a man like him can be too much.

Just ask Ipswich fans if you don't believe me.....

49 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

A baller who can’t pass whilst surging forward and will leave us wide open then

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I think he might be wrong about O'Dowda's Dad being his agent.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes.  @where's the joy Mr O’Dowda is not his agent.

He definitely was at an early stage wasn’t he? maybe even when he moved to us. Was in the secret footballer books & fairly sure was reported he was the reason the move Derby broke down wasn’t it?

22 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He definitely was at an early stage wasn’t he? maybe even when he moved to us. Was in the secret footballer books & fairly sure was reported he was the reason the move Derby broke down wasn’t it?

Nice up to date picture!

image.thumb.png.71eb5003ad27372804aaa8b2218837c9.png

14 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Absolute rubbish.

Teflon is just who you need in a crisis, the sort of bloke who you want stood next to you in the trenches. He's the guy who leads everyone over the top of the trenches without a second thought. A leader, an out and out warrior, someone who takes everything on the chin himself as long as his troops aren't under fire. No amount of money you pay a man like him can be too much.

Just ask Ipswich fans if you don't believe me.....

If you stood next to him in the trenches, he'd be the one with pencils up his nose, saying "Wibble"............then when u weren't looking.......he'd nick yer shovel ?

16 hours ago, where's the joy said:

That seems like a very edited version of how the conversation MUST have played out....!? 

You have conveniently forgotten to include any mention of their comments about how much they love, respect & admire Rovers...? 

Archived