IGNORED

why does everyone park the wrong way round?

In the past I have visited KFC after the game,

never ceases to amaze me that amount of cars going  past from the Cumberland basin area to wards Bedminster Down and vica versus.

For those not wanting to get caught up in the after match day traffic, why don't the drivers turn off at Boyces cars dealership and head towards the Long Ahton bypass for Bedmister down?

Don't even get me started on those who visit the KFC retail park 20 minutes before the games finish

Reminds me of the phone call my friend made to her elderly husband.

She heard on the news that a car was traveling in the wrong direction on the motorway that her hubby would use so called him to say ,

’ There’s an idiot driving the wrong way on the motorway, take care ‘

He replied, ‘ an idiot?

The world’s gone mad , they’re all going the wrong way ‘. 

48 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

She heard on the news that a car was traveling in the wrong direction on the motorway that her hubby would use so called him to say ,

He replied, ‘ an idiot?

image.jpeg.5b3211abe7f4785bbac2a3d2ff46cdde.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I've missed all these parking stories/frustrations/recommendations. 

Really feels like we're heading back to some normality when there are posts about parking!

I hope so for you guys over in the UK. You have done it tough over last the  15 or so months. If there are parking issues at football matches then this means football matches are being attended. I hope you do have parking issues as this means we are going well.

This came to mind.

Bypasses are devices that allow some people to dash from point A to point B very fast while other people dash from point B to point A very fast. People living at point C, being a point directly in between, are often given to wonder what's so great about point A that so many people from point B are so keen to get there, and what's so great about point B that so many people from point A are so keen to get there. They often wish that people would just once and for all work out where the hell they wanted to be.

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

He replied, ‘ an idiot?

Major, This one has been on the internet for many years but always a good one.

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

never ceases to amaze me that amount of cars going  past from the Cumberland basin area to wards Bedminster Down and vica versus.

For those not wanting to get caught up in the after match day traffic, why don't the drivers turn off at Boyces cars dealership and head towards the Long Ahton bypass for Bedmister down?

Don't even get me started on those who visit the KFC retail park 20 minutes before the games finish

I was planning my escape route for next Saturday, the holiday traffic back to Devon is a nightmare and I’ve got to get back smartish.

The traffic around Clevedon/Weston junctions are usually bad so I was thinking of the A38 and had completely forgot about the new bypass to get me from LA bypass to Bemmy Down. It didn’t exist when I lived in Bristol. Game changer.

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Never stop posting NTTDS...

1 hour ago, 22A said:

I asked a neighbour why they always drive into a parking bay."Because I'm no good at reversing".

I didn't ask how they get they get out of that parking bay though.

Over the years I have worked at sites where the H&S team have made people reverse into parking spaces. The idea being that in the case of "an incident" (explosion, gas leak etc) there are likely to be less accidents as people try to clear the area.

I guess your neighbour would have to turn down jobs at places like these. :)

Archived