IGNORED

City V Villa line up

M.D

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

They must have done that today as I checked the squad on the site early this morning I am sure ?

Well spotted ?

So yeah looks like he must be off somewhere.

Interesting that Conway makes the squad section, but no other 23s that have been involved in the first team.

unlikely....only just back on the Alter-G....way off being fit.  We must stop jumping to conclusions because of x and y.

29 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

4231 as standard.

Strong bench.

I'm calling it 4411....but its immaterial.  I don't think King nor James sit in as DMs, b

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

No Joe Williams?

Being nursed back sensibly....unlike previous regime.  Same reason why Massengo isn't there too.

5 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Martin is only ahead of Wells at the moment due to his Bermuda commitments, I fully expect Wells to be our main striker with Martin as back up this season 

Agree, same with Nagy and Kalas too. This starting line-up is unlikely to be too far off, but we have a full week ahead of us to fine-tune.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Being nursed back sensibly....unlike previous regime.  Same reason why Massengo isn't there too.

Fair enough.

Just thought he would be on the bench at least getting 20/30 minutes out of him.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

You might be right but I don't see why Cundy wouldn't be on the squad list. Makes no sense for it to be because he's injured

Maybe not around for photo shoot?  Might be several reasons.....the OS is pretty bad at the squad list stuff.  First year we've had decent u23/u18 lists though....although no comms re a few who've left (or are missed off the list).

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Dasilva 

Thanks mate. I’ll forgive and forget most things today to be fair, next week is when it starts to matter. 

Early positives, Atkinson looks tidy. Palmer has made a handful of nice passes. We’re nothing like the shambles of most of last season, IMO.

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

I can't see where the goals are going to come from in that team. Neither Weimann nor Martin are prolific

We’ll need big seasons from Wells and Weimann IMO. And a Semenyo/Conway/Bell/Janneh or someone of that ilk to really step up and contribute a few. 

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

We have been doing some good work. Huge work in progress, but you can see what we are trying to do. We look rubbish up front though, Martin looks very laboured. Need some genuine pace and power. 

Also, with pace, you can press and recover position quickly. Martin,  for all he can do, can not do that.

Archived