IGNORED

City V Villa line up

M.D

First half reflections. Brilliant to have fans back!  Good training experience.

Villa very comfortable with lots of time / space and playing well within themselves. Looks like if they stepped it up a bit they could add to their lead.

We look well organized and have kept our shape. Predictably there’s been very little from us going forward. Atkinson has looked at home, Palmer has had a couple of moments, James looks comfortable. We are giving them the freedom of AG in their half and so it’s a bit attack against defence at times.

Overall that half illustrates the gulf between Championship and Premiership teams.

Pretty enthused by that.  Missed first 5 mins (having lunch), we took 15 mins to get into the game, but looked fine since. Vyner looking v.decent at RB, winning ball and processing with it....and not trying to hit drag every time!  he's put some dangerous crosses in and nice balls along the deck into the front players.

James, busy, King relatively quiet.

Palmer a good first half, been lively, linking well.  Weimann bright too.

Atkinson and Baker have done fine against Watkins.

Maybe Wells for Martin, Nagy for King at h-t....to freshen it up???

James looks good, trying to dictate our play which we haven't seen for a while. Always seems available

Atkinson looks very good on the ball, won everything in the air (except the 2nd goal), but seems to 'struggle' following players movement which he'll need to work on.

I've seen some nice play between Atkinson - James - Palmer - Martin - back to Palmer and then looking for Weimann/O'Dowda which looks promising.

While we're 2-0 down, we look a lot better than we did for the last 25 games of the season last year against a better team which is positive.

Some good signs in the first half. 

Palmer looks to be involved, seems eager to impress. 

Matty James and Vyner linking up well. 

O'Dowda looking to get past his man, instead of turning in circles. Could see him improve tenfold under Pearson. 

I would however like to see a Weimann and Wells partnership up front. 

Good half of football that and very unfortunate to be 2 down against a strong Villa side. They might be missing Grealish, Mings and Martinez but nobody out there is not without a chance of starting in a side I fully expect to be in the top half of the Premier league.

After a slow start, when we conceded the early goal, I thought we grew into the game well and were even the better side for a good 30 minutes of it, showing some good link ups through the midfield. Atkinson has so far had the better of Watkins, while Palmer gas looked good on the ball. 

Archived