IGNORED

City V Villa line up

M.D

1 minute ago, westonred said:

Typical premiership side as soon as a player goes near one of them they roll around on the floor FFS do they really need to behave like that in a friendly

Just perfecting it for when the real games start next week no doubt john moss anthony taylor mike dean and the rest of the crew will be suitably bamboozled

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pretty enthused by that.  Missed first 5 mins (having lunch), we took 15 mins to get into the game, but looked fine since. Vyner looking v.decent at RB, winning ball and processing with it....and not trying to hit drag every time!  he's put some dangerous crosses in and nice balls along the deck into the front players.

James, busy, King relatively quiet.

Palmer a good first half, been lively, linking well.  Weimann bright too.

Atkinson and Baker have done fine against Watkins.

Maybe Wells for Martin, Nagy for King at h-t....to freshen it up???

I know it’s Villa and a pre-season game, Dave, but to me we look one-paced and lacking in creativity - not dissimilar to last season. I thought the same about Plymouth on Tuesday. A reasonable side would have taken their chances and beaten us.

Villa are quick in the ball, fast flowing movement....always have two options for a the pass....

We will unlikely play a better team this season. We have had good passages of play but have nothing on the Right of midfield and are too heavily reliant on the hoof from Bents and then a knock on....which we have lost 8 times out of 10. 

In the main a good performance....clear We are rebuilding though.....patience will be needed in the stands from next week. 

COYRs!!!

6 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Do you think he could be a regular at a bigger club than villa?

If so who

Man United? He's better than Fred, Mctominay and Matic for me.

Liverpool? Rate him higher than Henderson and Jones. 

Would easily start for Arsenal, Spurs and Everton. 

Just now, firstdivision said:

I know it’s Villa and a pre-season game, Dave, but to me we look one-paced and lacking in creativity - not dissimilar to last season. I thought the same about Plymouth on Tuesday. A reasonable side would have taken their chances and beaten us.

opinions.....we've moved the ball through the first press well....James and King find space to get on it / give an option.  That is very different to last season.  We've seen nice link ups.  Is it perfect?  Nope.  Is it better than last season?  Yep, and its against a PL team with a good smattering of first teamers.

1 hour ago, pl00peh91 said:

Looks like Kalas, Wells and Nagy all being eased in due to their international commitments and having been a few weeks behind on pre season. We look resolute but not much flair at the moment 

Or they are being made available as saleable assets! ?

5 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

Man United? He's better than Fred, Mctominay and Matic for me.

Liverpool? Rate him higher than Henderson and Jones. 

Would easily start for Arsenal, Spurs and Everton. 

Not really like for like Players you quoted are holding types

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Rugby tackle in the box is playing the ball is it ref? 

Already decided Scott is in my team from now on! ?

On a quarter of Palmer's wages. 

3 minutes ago, redpole said:

Or they are being made available as saleable assets! ?

I'd be looking to offload Martin before any of those but appreciate there might not be many lining up to take him - if Derby are desperate for players I'd give him back to them for nowt. 

Archived