IGNORED

City V Villa line up

M.D

7 minutes ago, Atlanta_Red said:

I can assure that every time I take my wife out to dinner, she orders a baked potato (as they’re called out here) in preference to mash or fries (as unfortunately chips are called out here). 

Everywhere I have been in the States (East and West coast) they over cook the baked potatoes until they are mushy and the skin has no crispness. I hope you know better restaurants. :)

Some people have mentioned Martin being slow. One of the commentators on the Villa stream - clearly a current or ex pro - at one point in the second half said, something like: “The lads will be disappointed they let Martin run in behind them… he can’t run”. He was laughing a fair bit while he said it.

Also, re: the potato debate… if you can be bothered, Parisian Mash is the way to go. You bake the potato first to get it fluffy, scoop it out and mash it together with a load of butter and cream. Very nice.

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I’m not sure what happened there.

I was just mentioning Paris mash.

Boil the potatoes with the skin on, peel and mash with a fork.

Add a bit of milk and up to 25% butter - a bit decadent, but lovely, especially with a nice calf’s liver.

1 hour ago, SydneyCity said:

Also, re: the potato debate… if you can be bothered, Parisian Mash is the way to go. You bake the potato first to get it fluffy, scoop it out and mash it together with a load of butter and cream. Very nice.

Guillaume Brahimi was the chef I was thinking of, when I posted earlier.

https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/how-to/how-to-make-guillaume-brahimis-paris-mash-20170411-gviciq

9 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Guillaume Brahimi was the chef I was thinking of, when I posted earlier.

https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/how-to/how-to-make-guillaume-brahimis-paris-mash-20170411-gviciq

I was taught Paris Mash incorrectly :( Though I can confirm it does work well baking rather than boiling.

Guillaume Brahimi is a great chef. I was lucky enough to eat at his restaurant at the Sydney Opera House a couple of times. That said, I was also lucky enough to live in Beaujolais for two years (about 25-30 minutes outside of Lyon) so could get comparable food for a fraction of the cost. Happy days. Trying to convince the wife that we should move to France but she is yet to be convinced.

48 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

On the one hand, I'm surprised this forum missed the opportunity to go off on a potato pun tangent; on the other hand, it's probably just as well, as a few on here have definitely got a chip on their shoulder regarding puns. 

Should picked King / Edwards in midfield.

My Audio isn't working, watched the AVFC highlights- wouldn't know that we were denied 1 if not 2 penalties but saw again and the ball was certainly I'm fairly sure out of play for their 3rd.

That said their highlights were pretty fair, clubs are going to slant it a bit more in their favour though I thought we had a couple of chances first half.

21 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He’s a nutter I think,he hasn’t posted about Alex Scott saying how positive he looks it’s just all negative,he would demand a protest if his jacket potato was burnt at a restaurant 

Toe fair he Probably wants Alex Scott to go under the radar at the moment. The Villa fans were enthusing about him, and suggested they sign him up. 

Archived