IGNORED

City V Villa line up

M.D

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think he lacks effort, I don't always think work rate is simply down to trying or not trying. It's also a skill some are good at and some aren't.

Exactly. If you are playing for a Manager like Pearson and "try" one week and turn it in the next you won't be playing very many games over the course of a season, if any. It's more a case of "intelligent" one week and "headless chicken" the next. His issues are technical/tactical and simply a case of he has to get better/more consistent in his role.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

strong team. Kalas for Baker. Williams or Nagy for King. Then Wells for Martin and that’s possibly our strongest line up. Nice to see us have some depth aswell

What i put is the starting 11

We will score 3 today now but we won’t score many if that is our starting XI during the season imo. Weimann the only one capable of double digits out of that lot but not if he is played wide. Martin might scrape it with a lot of minutes but at the cost of the team

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

We will score 3 today now but we won’t score many if that is our starting XI during the season imo. Weimann the only one capable of double digits out of that lot but not if he is played wide. Martin might scrape it with a lot of minutes but at the cost of the team

Martin is only ahead of Wells at the moment due to his Bermuda commitments, I fully expect Wells to be our main striker with Martin as back up this season 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

They must have done that today as I checked the squad on the site early this morning I am sure 😂

Well spotted 👍

So yeah looks like he must be off somewhere.

Interesting that Conway makes the squad section, but no other 23s that have been involved in the first team.

unlikely....only just back on the Alter-G....way off being fit.  We must stop jumping to conclusions because of x and y.

29 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

4231 as standard.

Strong bench.

I'm calling it 4411....but its immaterial.  I don't think King nor James sit in as DMs, b

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

No Joe Williams?

Being nursed back sensibly....unlike previous regime.  Same reason why Massengo isn't there too.

5 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Martin is only ahead of Wells at the moment due to his Bermuda commitments, I fully expect Wells to be our main striker with Martin as back up this season 

Agree, same with Nagy and Kalas too. This starting line-up is unlikely to be too far off, but we have a full week ahead of us to fine-tune.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

unlikely....only just back on the Alter-G....way off being fit.  We must stop jumping to conclusions because of x and y.

I'm calling it 4411....but its immaterial.  I don't think King nor James sit in as DMs, b

Being nursed back sensibly....unlike previous regime.  Same reason why Massengo isn't there too.

Agree, same with Nagy and Kalas too. This starting line-up is unlikely to be too far off, but we have a full week ahead of us to fine-tune.

You might be right but I don't see why Cundy wouldn't be on the squad list. Makes no sense for it to be because he's injured

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fair enough.

Just thought he would be on the bench at least getting 20/30 minutes out of him.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

You might be right but I don't see why Cundy wouldn't be on the squad list. Makes no sense for it to be because he's injured

Maybe not around for photo shoot?  Might be several reasons.....the OS is pretty bad at the squad list stuff.  First year we've had decent u23/u18 lists though....although no comms re a few who've left (or are missed off the list).

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Maybe not around for photo shoot?  Might be several reasons.....the OS is pretty bad at the squad list stuff.  First year we've had decent u23/u18 lists though....although no comms re a few who've left (or are missed off the list).

Yeah maybe