IGNORED

Sound System Dolman.

Desso

The entire system needs taking out the acoustics in the ground is awful.. About time they had speakers near pitch side and let the sound travel up..What ever business they used have massively failed any other ground doesn't seem to have problem. It's a healthy and safety issue as well because you need to hear any announcements.

No point testing the system in an empty ground either it's when the stadium fills up it becomes an issue..I remember the millennium stadium system it adjusts to the pressure in the stadium as it becomes full pretty clever stuff.

2 hours ago, Street red said:

The entire system needs taking out the acoustics in the ground is awful.. About time they had speakers near pitch side and let the sound travel up..What ever business they used have massively failed any other ground doesn't seem to have problem. It's a healthy and safety issue as well because you need to hear any announcements.

No point testing the system in an empty ground either it's when the stadium fills up it becomes an issue..I remember the millennium stadium system it adjusts to the pressure in the stadium as it becomes full pretty clever stuff.

Looks like you’ve not on otib very long SR or otherwise you’d know the crap sound system in the Dolman is a long standing complaint - roughly 5 or 6 seasons but upto the lockdown MKelly had done nothing to to get it sorted.

Hopefully he’s finally got it working effectively. We’ll know on the 8th………….:cool2:

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Looks like you’ve not on otib very long SR or otherwise you’d know the crap sound system in the Dolman is a long standing complaint - roughly 5 or 6 seasons but upto the lockdown MKelly had done nothing to to get it sorted.

Hopefully he’s finally got it working effectively. We’ll know on the 8th………….:cool2:

Sorry to disappoint you Robbo but it's still the same but a bit quieter. There are obviously no intentions to correct it so I guess we have to live with it.

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I've been on otib for a fair few years but just have a fairly new account,I know your passion for this subject and I'm with you.. The dolman is awful for sound the overall sound in the ground is awful...Im not 100% sure how Ashton gate system is set up but it needs a massive overall. A decent system adds to the atmosphere and I'm afraid it doesn't match the new development.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

If only someone could have a meeting to talk to them about it….

4 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

First time in the Dolman for a while but it reminded me of being on a busy train station, where the person seems to be talking with a peg on their nose, through a piece of tracing paper. 

No clarity.. Anybody know if the speakers where replaced when the dolman had a new front and joined up to the south stand? Or any cabling upgrade. 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Don't hold your breath .worse than ever.

14 hours ago, Desso said:

Still absolute rubbish. Can't hear a word.

Fifty years ago we thought it was rubbish. Back then though the volume was deafening and fans on the open end as well as in the stand were covering their ears.

10 hours ago, greengrass said:

Not the only health & safety issue at Ashton Gate. How about the steep steps in the Lansdown with no rail. Are they looking for an Ibrox? Extremely dangerous in my opinion.

All will be have signed off by a consultant at time of build and or building upgrade. in regards to building compliance and local council and the statuatory building codes. 

I though agree with you on your concerns and best take it up with the club

18 hours ago, Desso said:

Still absolute rubbish. Can't hear a word.

The R on your hearing aid and the L means that the R is for your right ear hole and the L is for your left ear hole. Unless you are from Tasmania where most people  have two heads as early on Tassmania was known as Banjo counrty.

Oh Hartcliff as well. OUCH ??

I-am most probably going to get some flack from this one but I mean well. ?

As promised I emailed Richard Gould regarding the above and guess what? - he replied within minutes thanking me for raising  it for his attention.

Wow! just wow…….very impressive indeed and completely different to his predecessor who probably wouldn’t have bothered to reply.

Things at AG are really looking up after several years of poor management both on the pitch and off it. New established manager and a new experienced CEO. I have haven’t felt this positive for years.

Archived