IGNORED

striker needer.

Hampshire reds

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Maybe Semenyo is the man. This team needs final third pace

Yep - he’s one of the few players in our squad who gives us something different. Nearly every time he got the ball last season in the oppo’s half, they doubled up on him. Big shame he’s missed pre-season.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I’ve said exactly that a few weeks ago and got laughed at…………:cool2:

I wouldn’t laugh at that. Semenyo just needs to learn how to keep his head in front of goal. If he can add that we have the Jamie Vardy type Pearson wants. 

Despite some of the idiot comments on another thread I am very upbeat about the season. 

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Semenyo has pace, but can’t score,  so he’s not a striker 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Very young. Youngsters improve. Millwall away shows he can finish

Exactly. That is why we have coaches. Semenyo has the ability to be a top player. It’s up to him and those around him to get him there. 

17 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Yep - he’s one of the few players in our squad who gives us something different. Nearly every time he got the ball last season in the oppo’s half, they doubled up on him. Big shame he’s missed pre-season.

Somthing different...?

Somthing desperate.

If 'cant hit a cow's arse with a banjo' is different.

If Semenyo's your pacy goalscoring striker your going to be scrapping at the arse end of the table..

Nige now's best & he'll get his man when possible.

7 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Somthing different...?

Somthing desperate.

If 'cant hit a cow's arse with a banjo' is different.

If Semenyo's your pacy goalscoring striker your going to be scrapping at the arse end of the table..

Nige now's best & he'll get his man when possible.

He’s 21. Players at that age can make big improvements from one season to the next. He’s about the only forward player we’ve got who can move faster than a snail.

And we’re going to be scraping the arse end of the table anyway. A fit Semenyo might help us above the dotted line. 

Looks as if Nige wants Martin being a pain and then have pace/energy around him. Problem with Martin it needs goals around him as well as pace. In time Bell and Conway look very promising, but a front 4 of Martin, Conway, Bell and Scott is not really plausible given their inexperience. Maybe Bell one side and Weimann the other is our best option for now, but would definitely be good to dig another striker out of the loan market if possible.

Suspect Wells can do it, but better when one of two, which means sacrificing a role I’m not sure Pearson is prepared to sacrifice, given Palmer/Scott role essential if playing two holding midfielders and risks becoming very narrow. 

15 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Very young. Youngsters improve. Millwall away shows he can finish

He’s not very young, he’s 21 which is just young. That may sound pedantic, but by that age he should have shown some hint of goal scoring ability. He may improve, if he can learn not to panic, but I doubt he will go from a player who only scored 2 goals from 44 Championship appearances last season (admittedly some as sub) to a player who can score 15 ish goals this season. I’ve said 15 ish goals as that’s what would be expected if City signed a new player. As for Millwall in the cup, what about all the league matches when his finishing was terrible? You can’t judge a player by one match. 

2 minutes ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

All very familiar to the Holden and Johnson eras I’m afraid…same old problem!!!

Quality Winger

Quality Striker Still needed

Lets be honest that Villa team -Grealish is relegation fodder and we didn’t threaten them…?‍♂️
Get your wallet out Lansdown if you won’t invest in the team I won’t be investing in a season ticket!

Thanks for the sample 

He has invested plenty in the team, or rather he allowed others to spend without restraint.

The fact that he let the previous regime spend too much and let the wage bill get way out of control is the reason we now can't buy now unless we sell first.

25 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

He’s not very young, he’s 21 which is just young. That may sound pedantic, but by that age he should have shown some hint of goal scoring ability. He may improve, if he can learn not to panic, but I doubt he will go from a player who only scored 2 goals from 44 Championship appearances last season (admittedly some as sub) to a player who can score 15 ish goals this season. I’ve said 15 ish goals as that’s what would be expected if City signed a new player. As for Millwall in the cup, what about all the league matches when his finishing was terrible? You can’t judge a player by one match. 

Time will tell I guess. Quite a few fans can see something there. Let’s hope we are correct 

32 minutes ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

All very familiar to the Holden and Johnson eras I’m afraid…same old problem!!!

Quality Winger

Quality Striker Still needed

Lets be honest that Villa team -Grealish is relegation fodder and we didn’t threaten them…?‍♂️
Get your wallet out Lansdown if you won’t invest in the team I won’t be investing in a season ticket!

Thanks for the sample 

Thats a fine way to show you don't understand football in a single post.

Congratulations, you won't be missed.

Archived