IGNORED

striker needer.

Hampshire reds

2 hours ago, brad blit said:

Wasn’t at the game today, but surely when Semenyo comes back we could push Weimann centrally again? People might not think he’s a 20 a goal season but if Reid can do it Iv no doubt Weimann can 

Weimann's movement is excellent,,good in the air & his finishing decent.....

Right now I see he is our best option 'up top'.....

Would like to see us go for a prem striker on loan to be honest. I think Wells is our best goalscorer; but he's not gonna get 20 per season. Chris Martin is good but as others have said he's more about setting up players around him; we have Weimann who can score from wide but not so sure about O'Dowda or Palmer being able to add many.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought Martin was ok today also…..think some fans have made up their minds though.  He even ran the channel second half!!

What we need Martin to be is fit and sharp…not tired / fatigued….and ready to play whatever part is needed of him.  Some starts, some subs.  We have a squad of players with similar levels.  The key will be to pick them appropriately.  Really is no point in trying to pick a best eleven, there are too many interchangeable players.  Some will feature more than others, but that’s football.

Re Conway, yep, just imagine that even if we rate them highly there is gonna be a tough job making a EFL match day 18.  Some of the “older” players might not get in either.  Maybe there was little chance of minutes if Martin starts / Wells sub….whereas “Belly” given minutes over Janneh to see him as Callum’s sub.

As you’ll see below, Nige has spread minutes out pretty well.  Most of the Senior players have had good run-outs, Kalas maybe a bit under-cooked.  I would imagine Nige is pretty happy.  No serious injuries during pre-season either. 

.FBCF21FC-E680-45E2-8E12-761D8BB6782F.thumb.jpeg.c6d589d019f72ee3b6d6c8082cef3f51.jpeg

Absolutely right. We have a lot of players who offer one thing but not another. NP will have to mix and match to find a balance.

The idea of a first XI is misguided. Martin can’t start every game. We’ll have to find other solutions and combinations over time.  That goes for midfield as well. And probably full back, which is a physically demanding position to play.

I feel we’ll be a fair bit stronger if we can get Williams, Massengo and Semenyo fully match fit.

7 hours ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

All very familiar to the Holden and Johnson eras I’m afraid…same old problem!!!

Quality Winger

Quality Striker Still needed

Lets be honest that Villa team -Grealish is relegation fodder and we didn’t threaten them…?‍♂️
Get your wallet out Lansdown if you won’t invest in the team I won’t be investing in a season ticket!

Thanks for the sample 

So it's Goodbye from you :pray:

23 minutes ago, The Bard said:

And there was this bloke called Ayling who wasn't bad

Didn’t really play him there though, did we?

It is the case that our RBs in the main haven’t been as good as our LBs, but Little, Pisano & Bailey Wright, who had a spell there when Flint & Baker were the 2 CBs, were all good enough.

Archived