IGNORED

Alex Scott

pl00peh91

14 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Yes and I think Nige has said previously that he was going to build the team from the back, getting us more solid first. I don't think we can afford to lose Kalas unless we get a really good replacement. Otherwise we have Moore and Cundy as cover and that feels a bit fragile to me. 

While I would love to see a new striker come in I wouldn't have Kalas as my choice to raise funds, just because of the squad depth at CB. 

Agreed - lose Kalas and our senior CB will be Baker (and we all know his injury record).

If we lost both that’s a pretty inexperienced back 2 made up of Atkinson, Moore, Vyner and Cundy. 

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He's our best defender imo. But if we have a cheaper good replacement then it makes some sense imo if Nige really wants a new striker.

There’s a few “if’s” there though!

I guess it all depends on the fee for Kalas - if it’s £8-10m plus for example, fine, we can probably do some good dealing with that, £4-6m mark and I wouldn’t be so sure on any “upgrades”

16 hours ago, frenchred said:

:laugh: fair enough with regards to ashton I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Sean Gillespie I can assure you is the exact polar opposite, a more genuine nicer person you would struggle to meet. I understand that doesn't make him some super scout but feel he will work better with Ashton gone!

I'd love to !

21 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

There’s a few “if’s” there though!

I guess it all depends on the fee for Kalas - if it’s £8-10m plus for example, fine, we can probably do some good dealing with that, £4-6m mark and I wouldn’t be so sure on any “upgrades”

⬇️⬇️⬇️

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah I'd only do it for a good fee. Not sure what a good fee is now. 4 million seems a bit too cheap to a prem club.

If there is interest from Brighton, we need to drive a hard bargain.  If true, I’m glad that it’s from a PL club, even better that’s it’s one that’s just sold a CB for £50m.  If it had been a European team, I suspect potential fee would be lower and put us in a difficult situation if Kalas wanted to leave.  We could get a worthwhile £8-10m from someone like Brighton.

I am very serious when I say we should ensure we get Østigård in return.  We cannot go into the post-window period with Baker, Atkinson and Moore….Cundy is likely to be weeks away, and unproven.

Not good timing, but you cannot choose when a PL team comes knocking.

Archived