IGNORED

Very Sad News, RIP Terry Cooper

1960maaan

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Absolute legend and my all time favourite manager , Rest easy Terry .

338554059_Screenshot2021-07-31at20_53_16.png.e2543a1d15ab565c3dfe626ea6734e7c.png

Terrible news. Absolute City legend. The club have left it too late to honour him by naming something after him. 

Rest In Peace TC

Still remember being nervously stood outside the dressing room, with my padded autograph book. 6 years old, too scared to go in. TC noticed me, picked me up and took me in to meet the players and get my book signed. 
I adored the man after that. Sad day. 

Awful awful news. Can only echo the sentiments above. TC was central to the rebirth of this club. To those of us of a certain age he was the boss when we first started following city. Clearly loved the club and a true gent. His teams played some great football too. I challenge anyone to watch back his interview following the 1986 freight rover final and not get a lump in your throat seeing how much it meant to him. RIP Terry

Terry Cooper was instrumental in giving me my then proudest moment, of seeing the old Wembley scoreboard which had shown so many final scores with my team on it. This one read, Bristol City 3 Bolton Wanderers 0. It brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye. Thanks to him and condolences to his family.

A great manager of this club, a great player and a great man. Rest in peace Terry.

Sad news , the manager that revived the fortunes of the club in the early 80s. Remember the 3-0 Freight Rover success over Bolton at Wembley and his post match interview hugging the cup and breaking down showed how much he loved the club . RIP Terry. 

Gutted to hear this news.

Most won’t realise but he was the person who turned this club around and that day at Wembley and his post match interview in 1987 after the LDV final shows what it meant to him 

RIP TC

I sincerely hope the club recognises him because if anyone deserves a statue or a stand naming after them it’s him 

Archived