IGNORED

Very Sad News, RIP Terry Cooper

1960maaan

Saved our club, gave us back some self-respect, propelled us upwards from the depths of despair, built an exciting squad with zero funds, took us to Wembley for the first time in our history, my fave City manager ever who gave me my fave times ever as a fan - I’m devastated ... rest easy Mr Cooper, and thanks ...

Absolutely gutted. First time I’ve ever shed a tear over the passing of a footballer from anywhere, let alone our club.

Named one of the small number of tables at my wedding 7 years ago after him. No words, other than total and utter legend. RIP Terry. Condolences to Mark and family.

I am absolutely gutted.

Terry Cooper is a total legend here.

He single handedly resurrected this football club.

A lovely warm human being.

This club needs to honour him some way, maybe rename the south stand, the Terry Cooper stand?

RIP Terry, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for dragging my beloved City back from the dark days of the early 80s.

Such sad news. 

Some of my best memories as a fan of Bristol City came under his time as Manager :

Promotion from the old Div 4

Beating Rovers at Eastville in the Cup

Freight Rover final win at Wembley vs Bolton

Went to school with his son Mark, so my thoughts are with him & the rest of the family tonight.

Thank you Terry for looking after our club at such a crucial time, we owe you so much

RIP

TC saved our club and put the pride back into it. Had so many wonderful moments watching City under him. Promotion from div 4, the Hereford semi final  and the dismantling of Bolton at Wembley to name a few. Simply a legend. We should rename this South stand after him. 

Those of a certain age will know what TC did for this club & he was instrumental in ensuring we remain today. 

Few gave him sufficient credit for building & organising a squad from nothing and I mean nothing. Jordan later took his squad to greater heights but it's was TC's work ethic & foundation that turned City around.

Brilliant player in his prime.

Sad news indeed.

Gutted.

The first manager from when I was watching City. Loved the club, that Bolton interview showed TC in entirety but equally was ceding leading the team out to Clive Middlemass and Jock Rae. TC knew the value of every man, and every fan, to the club. Just a fantastic man.

Sleep well TC. Absolute Legend of a manager and a man

Archived