IGNORED

Liam Walsh

alexukhc

35 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Rotten luck. He's expected to be fit for the weekend though. 

Is the rotten luck that he went off injured, or that he’s expected to be fit for the weekend?  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Personally i feel sorry for the guy..........he obviously has talent, but injury problems have hindered his career.  The joke, that was our medical/fitness staff prior to Nige, didn't exactly aid his recovery...and because he was unable to play, he was offered a poor contract by City....so he left.   i am certain that if he had been able to contribute regularly, things  would have turned out better for him here?

However, he has moved on, and i hope he does well. This happens constantly in football.......there will always be winners and losers, luck often plays a part ?   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Personally i feel sorry for the guy..........he obviously has talent, but injury problems have hindered his career.  The joke, that was our medical/fitness staff prior to Nige, didn't exactly aid his recovery...and because he was unable to play, he was offered a poor contract by City....so he left.   i am certain that if he had been able to contribute regularly, things  would have turned out better for him here?

However, he has moved on, and i hope he does well. This happens constantly in football.......there will always be winners and losers, luck often plays a part ?   

Well let's see if the Swansea medical team do a better job then. You know for sure our guys did a bad job with him ? How so ?  At the end of the day he was crap anyway. He made 18 appearances for us in 3 years. Hardly the stuff of legend that many on here make him out to be.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Another one Nige got right.

Struggling to think of a player who was as overrated as him & based on what? 25 games in League One for Coventry.

I don’t think he’s overrated, I just don’t think he can stay fit to show what he can do 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I don’t think he’s overrated, I just don’t think he can stay fit to show what he can do 

He’s 25 in September & has never done anything at Championship level, he started 2 league games last season, one for Hull, one for Swansea, he was taken off when Swansea were 3-0 down, taken off by Hull when they were 3-0 down.

He isn’t good enough.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Struggling to think of a player who was as overrated as him & based on what? 

Kasey Palmer.

You could argue good pedigree for both, but Palmer is worse in my opinion.

So over hyped and only really showed anything with Afobe in the team.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I may be wrong, but I thought 'Nige' was keen on LW staying, but was unable to match Swansea's offer.

Nope, he confirmed in a Radio Bristol post season interview he released him.

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Got to feel for the lad. Just one of those injury prone players 

Made of glass.

Lot of hype and promise, but for me didn't show enough at any point. Mind you it wasn't for how often he was available because it seemed he was always injured.

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Made of glass.

Lot of hype and promise, but for me didn't show enough at any point. Mind you it wasn't for how often he was available because it seemed he was always injured.

Yeah, agreed, really sorry for the lad.

He only once looked a player for us, and I mean a real player, which was against Stoke at home second half. He ran the game but Butland had a stormer for them.

Edited by ScottishRed
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Street red said:

Wasn't about his ability he's certainly got that but the importance of staying fit pretty sure that's why the decision was made.

That’s exactly it, even when Pearson first joined, the noises from him as well seemed to indicate Walsh was going to be a part of what he wanted when he was returning from injury Feb/March time or whenever it was, something like he liked his football brain and the few games he played for the 23’s at the time you could see how he was going to fit, just couldn’t stay fit. 

• Like 1