IGNORED

Bets For Season Ahead

And Its Smith

I am guessing a lot of people do these. Had a decent amount of success over the years. 

Five quid on this at 189/1 returns £950 ish 

League One promotion Rotherham @ 9/2

League Two relegation Scunthorpe @ 9/2

Championship promotion Sheffield Utd @ 9/4

Premier League relegation Watford @ 10/11

Interested to see any others. A little bit of a value around in each division. Especially Rotherham at 9/2

11 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I am guessing a lot of people do these. Had a decent amount of success over the years. 

Interested to see any others. A little bit of a value around in each division. Especially Rotherham at 9/2

There has to be some better combinations avilable  than this. The only cert one for me is Sheffield united.

2 minutes ago, City oz said:

There has to be some better combinations avilable  than this. The only cert one for me is Sheffield united.

Watford is a dead cert I reckon. League one and league two are wide open so pretty impossible to find dead certs there.  Lots of unknowns and felt that Rotherham and Scunthorpe were more reliable bets than most

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Watford is a dead cert I reckon. League one and league two are wide open so pretty impossible to find dead certs there.  Lots of unknowns and felt that Rotherham and Scunthorpe were more reliable bets than most

great point. Who knows what will happen at the end of the day

1 minute ago, Marco the red said:

I don't think you understand. What works for me may not work for you, I have £600 laybet on Scottish football later today. Cutting risk by betting on the exchange as well. Its pretty standard stuff.

Good luck cobber if you got that kind of dosh in your back pocket. Hope you are doing it on line and not walking to the bookies with the fat wad of dosh stuck down your jocks ?

6 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

I don't think you understand. What works for me may not work for you, I have £600 laybet on Scottish football later today. Cutting risk by betting on the exchange as well. Its pretty standard stuff.

I do understand. It’s not difficult. You make £50k per year gambling and I am asking you to share so the rest of us can join in if we want too. What’s your laybet later?

It is difficult, which is why I know you don't understand. My advice to you is go and sign up to one of those software packages to start out, when youve been gubbed everywhere then come back to me.

If you want a no risk small bet look at the Aberdeen and Dundee game later, do the qualifying bet on bet365 and you will only need £500 to put the lay on. Profit probably around 60-80.

Haha I didn’t mean what you do isn’t difficult.We are talking at crossed purposes so I will bail.  good luck to you. £50k per annum is nice work. 

2 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

It is difficult, which is why I know you don't understand. My advice to you is go and sign up to one of those software packages to start out, when youve been gubbed everywhere then come back to me.

If you want a no risk small bet look at the Aberdeen and Dundee game later, do the qualifying bet on bet365 and you will only need £500 to put the lay on. Profit probably around 60-80.

I bet most on here will not have 500 to even start off. Some I bet are struggling just to pay for their season tickets. What is your advise on a smaller amount say 20 quid and then start building up from there.

If I were start off with matched betting amd do that for 6 months. It isn't dead yet despite what people say. Can make some decent money on it if you dedicate some time. 

And cash if you have it.

10 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

My advise for that is go and do matched betting and utilise bookies sign up offers.

Good advice. I' ve been around all the bookies offers a few times over the years using different names and bank accounts. Easily make £1000 a time using all the different free bet offers.

6 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Good advice. I' ve been around all the bookies offers a few times over the years using different names and bank accounts. Easily make £1000 a time using all the different free bet offers.

Would have thought bookies would restrict you if you were consistently making £1k per week.  

You use all the bookies ( there are hundreds) world wide. Use all their free sign up offers. If the offer is a free £25 bet then you shoul make about £18 profit. Some bookies offer £250 free bets you can the make £180 or so.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Very Good Picks............I too always put season long bets on. Despite what some people seem to think, it's actually really good fun to monitor your teams highs and lows throughout the season.  I do match betting, where you bet that one team will finish above the other........ie. Bristol City   5/4     to finish above Cardiff City 10/11.  It's surprising if you do 6 - 7 teams, how it mounts up!........£1,245.00 for a tenner.     Also had a reasonable amount of success in the past.  Every Season the Racing Post bring out a publication called "Big Kick Off" a few days before the season (This year on Wednesday 4th Aug) which i find invaluable in making my choices, with it's in depth analysis. 

I used to work with an ex-Bookie (RIP Murray), and used to say the usual “Got any tips for the National / Gold Cup”, and he’d reply “lots, and if you want to pay me you can have them”.

The job he did for me was his pin money….he used to spend 50-60 hours a week researching the horses and providing a paid for tips service to his clients.  He used to say he didn’t necessarily know who was gonna win a race, but he definitely knew who wasn’t gonna win!!!

9 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

I thought you said you understood, It isn't just bookies you make you're money from. Clearly more complicated than you thought.

Didn’t say it was just bookies did I. You mentioned 365 and someone else mentioned bookies. Just surprised you have access to any bookies offers if you are winning so much. Paddy power and sky bet won’t share their offers with me and I’m nowhere near £1k per year profit let alone £50k 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I used to work with an ex-Bookie (RIP Murray), and used to say the usual “Got any tips for the National / Gold Cup”, and he’d reply “lots, and if you want to pay me you can have them”.

The job he did for me was his pin money….he used to spend 50-60 hours a week researching the horses and providing a paid for tips service to his clients.  He used to say he didn’t necessarily know who was gonna win a race, but he definitely knew who wasn’t gonna win!!!

Completely agree. Used to spend a long time on horse racing and with a strict policy and time you can make decent profit. Then had kids and didn’t have the time! Tried to do it spending less time studying and quickly started losing. 

6 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

Let me break this down for you. YOU DO NOT JUST MAKE MONEY FROM BETTING WITH BOOKIES.

I know. I hope you are better at gambling than understanding messages on a forum. What I am saying is that the bookies part of the strategy must surely be dead to you if you’re making so much from them. 

Turns out I used to live round the corner from the world's biggest gambler. I say turns out as, like the article suggests, I didn't have a clue:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/the-worlds-biggest-punter-is-zeljko-ranogajec-and-hes-an-australian/news-story/0974864be19f6724406151366aca1cfa

Apparently makes about $3 billion a year.

5 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I know. I hope you are better at gambling than understanding messages on a forum. What I am saying is that the bookies part of the strategy must surely be dead to you if you’re making so much from them. 

If you use an exchange you can bet or lay (I think) basically you become the bookie! You win off all the punters placing bets with you!

11 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

Betfair etc. The most off putting aspect for most people is the liability that you need to put down in order to make the bet. E.g my Mrs had to put down nearly £500 earlier in order to make the £75 profit, utilising the free £100 from bet365 which itself needed £100 deposit, which needed placing on the qualifying bet.

That’s why he said you’ll need about £500 to start with!

Archived