IGNORED

Pies at the gate

SouthStand Sandwich

1 hour ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

I notice they've changed pie supplier at the gate... What do we think of them?

Had one yesterday ... Jury is out...

Oh, that’s why it had gristle in it. Was disappointed ☹️ 
who is the supplier now? At least it’ll save me from eating too much pastry!

chunk pasties and pies were fantastic.

2 hours ago, Banjo Island said:

Clarks shortcrust every time for me cant wait to get back to the gate might even celebrate with a double shortcrust followed by a flacky ???

Exactly. Who cares about the pies in the ground when there is the Clarks pie van outside the ground? 

Not a regular pie eater...but when I do I go for Pieminister.

Best quality by far and local.

They have a place in St NICs market.

Pie, mash, gravy on enamel white and blue plates.

By far best pie I've eaten was owned by by Ferg Burger in Queenstown NZ. Get pissed in World bar, then head for lamb shank in red wine with mash on top in a pie crust. Fantastic. Then puke it up next morning doing a bungee ?

21 minutes ago, spudski said:

Not a regular pie eater...but when I do I go for Pieminister.

Best quality by far and local.

They have a place in St NICs market.

Pie, mash, gravy on enamel white and blue plates.

By far best pie I've eaten was owned by by Ferg Burger in Queenstown NZ. Get pissed in World bar, then head for lamb shank in red wine with mash on top in a pie crust. Fantastic. Then puke it up next morning doing a bungee ?

Are they still local? I thought they moved manufacturing to South Wales about 10 years ago.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Are they still local? I thought they moved manufacturing to South Wales about 10 years ago.

Unless they haven't updated their website they still say Bristol based, Stokes Croft originally. Either way...they are still the best by far imo.

41 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

34 minutes ago, spudski said:

Unless they haven't updated their website they still say Bristol based, Stokes Croft originally. Either way...they are still the best by far imo.

They were planning to move to to Wales but I believe they are still in Bristol.  I’m not sure, as I prefer the concrete pastry of Clarks pies. 

19 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Some choice for customers would be good ?   ie   Meat , Vegetable and Vegan Pies and pasties.............so as to cater for all tastes?  Not much to ask?  ?

Not sure I would fancy a pie made out of a Vegan.

Archived