IGNORED

Pies at the gate

SouthStand Sandwich

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

Some choice for customers would be good ?   ie   Meat , Vegetable and Vegan Pies and pasties.............so as to cater for all tastes?  Not much to ask?  ?

Had the vegan pie yesterday at the gate & it was excellent.

1 hour ago, Flounder said:

Buxton and Bird, Pieminster, get a grip with your Johnny-come-latelies. ?

7DF9B9B6-BE83-4E1C-9B87-E2CEDC8C5246.jpeg

The Natch Wall..... the discerning supporters choice for Al fresco dining and no need to book ahead!

My personal favourite is a Clark's flaky pastie washed down with a 4 pack of chilled Guinness 

17 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Are they still local? I thought they moved manufacturing to South Wales about 10 years ago.

They were always Welsh...originating in Cardiff, but Ma Clark pushed out a lot of kids, who all flew the nest and opened up elsewhere, including Bristol.  As far as I'm aware, Keith, who runs the shop and van by the ground is married to one of the descendents and it's still very much a family business.

6 minutes ago, David Woody said:

Why change from award winning pies?  I had a home delivery of the famous Sheep pies from Chunk for the full match experience during lockdown and my boys and me have been looking forward to a sheep pie before the Blackpool game. ?

Agreed - those Sheep Pies were an absolute triumph! 

7 hours ago, Flounder said:

Buxton and Bird, Pieminster, get a grip with your Johnny-come-latelies. ?

7DF9B9B6-BE83-4E1C-9B87-E2CEDC8C5246.jpeg

I only buy cans of gold now if it’s in the old can pictured above. The new can has definitely arrived with a change of recipe which is soapier and duller

2 minutes ago, Dredd said:

I had to dig this out. The steak pasty I had today was bland as hell and my friends recipe of the curry pasty wasn’t exactly glowing. 
Small things from a club POV but there’s no way I’m paying for one of those again

Seems the catering has taken a massive backward step, chunk pies were one of the best going, as is Butcombe bitter now replaced with a tangy horrible pint from red trousers

Pies pretty poor, ordered 4 steaks, got given 4 cheese and onion instead, then the pies were no where near as good as previous ones, all crust and little content, finally tried a steak one , meat looked like greasy mince meat not steak at all… 

Archived