IGNORED

Pies at the gate

SouthStand Sandwich

It's a shame about the pies.. the guy behind Buxton & bird (the pie supplier) is talented... His restaurant / bakery is phenomenal.. but on a small scale. But it's clear that this is too big a gig for him (being Bristol sports pie supplier)... and he's trying to be all things to all people... scaling up means the pie quality is low. Sorry, but the pies are crap. 

31 minutes ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

It's a shame about the pies.. the guy behind Buxton & bird (the pie supplier) is talented... His restaurant / bakery is phenomenal.. but on a small scale. But it's clear that this is too big a gig for him (being Bristol sports pie supplier)... and he's trying to be all things to all people... scaling up means the pie quality is low. Sorry, but the pies are crap. 

I believe they’ve a production unit on the edge of Portbury Docks and I guess Freddy Bird has provided the recipe with others controlling the quality of ingredients and product manufacturer?

24 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I had a curry pie.

Just a load of mush (not sure what it was tbh) with a very faint air of curry about it.

Some may find it is ok, but its not for me - especially at £4.

Bring back the sheep pies !

The sheep pies were lovely, they stopped doing them for a while, then they came back …now gone again because of the new supplier I guess. 

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I assume when changing fundamentals like food, the club consult with supporters of both the rugby and the football to gauge what the feedback is.

If they don't, then consider this my application to being an official Pie Taster!

Perhaps that's the problem the official  pie taster was also the official beer taster and drank so much beer before the pies he couldn't remember what the pies tasted like.

1 minute ago, Elruliri said:

Perhaps that's the problem the official  pie taster was also the official beer taster and drank so much beer before the pies he couldn't remember what the pies tasted like.

With the exception of SL, I doubt anyone else is wealthy enough to get that wrecked at the Gate to forget what the ones taste like! ?

Five thirty a pint!

Archived