IGNORED

THE INJURED LIST 2021-22

Mr Popodopolous

Really, we can only update and amend it at the Start of the season- but we already have some who are unavailable IIRC?

Feel free to add, amend, correct etc.

• Cundy
  • Semenyo

Not altogether sure of the status of Williams and Massengo. Actually just checked, NP mentioned next week or Forest Green.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Really, we can only update and amend it at the Start of the season- but we already have some who are unavailable IIRC?

• Cundy
  • Semenyo

Not altogether sure of the status of Williams and Massengo. Actually just checked, NP mentioned next week or Forest Green.

As the thread for 20/21 has been removed from the top maybe an idea to keep it here for comparison as we go through the season.

We will always get injuries but let's hope with Rennie now in place and improved fortune (we're due some injury-wise imo.) we'll be able to look back at last season's atrocious list of long term injuries as a disastrous one-off.

• Like 2

• The topic was pinned
On 01/08/2021 at 18:34, Mr Popodopolous said:

• Cundy
  • Semenyo

Add COD 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Just seen an update on the OS.

Williams, could be a week, nothing major.

COD, touch and go for the weekend. Wont be risked if it's marginal.

Semenyo, couple of weeks to build up fitness.

Yes positive news all round https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/squad-latest-ahead-of-middlesbrough-trip/

15 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

NP mentioned Conway injured or recovering in the pre match press conference- 2-3 months I think he said.

Seems that O'Dowda and Williams are good to go now too and Semenyo has of course returned. So by my reckoning that's Cundy and Conway as our full injury list. More like it, and I'm sure those two will come back strongly also. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Seems that O'Dowda and Williams are good to go now too and Semenyo has of course returned. So by my reckoning that's Cundy and Conway as our full injury list. More like it, and I'm sure those two will come back strongly also. 

Ah yes, Semenyo of course back. Got the assist.

Would still wait a little longer with Williams and O'Dowda or ease them in slowly for a bit yet as especially in CM we have reasonable cover.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ah yes, Semenyo of course back. Got the assist.

Would still wait a little longer with Williams and O'Dowda or ease them in slowly for a bit yet as especially in CM we have reasonable cover.

Yea I’d agree. Think Williams may have a job getting a place, all of James, King and Massengo have had very good starts to the season imo. Think O’Dowda will be pushing Pring hard for the LW slot pretty soon tho. Really interested to see our team selection tomorrow. COYR

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Yea I’d agree. Think Williams may have a job getting a place, all of James, King and Massengo have had very good starts to the season imo. Think O’Dowda will be pushing Pring hard for the LW slot pretty soon tho. Really interested to see our team selection tomorrow. COYR

Nige seems really impressed with Pring both as a player and a character, so unless his form or stamina falters, or he gets injured, I can't see O'Dowda displacing him.

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Nige seems really impressed with Pring both as a player and a character, so unless his form or stamina falters, or he gets injured, I can't see O'Dowda displacing him.

Yea I certainly didn't mean that as a disservice to Pring, think he's been very good. I think it might be a case of not overusing him. Then again, I forgot he's actually 23. I can't help seeing all our academy products as 18 until they retire ?

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I would love to know where COD is now. I guess the first we will know is when he suddenly appears on the bench.
Unpopular opinion to some on here, but I think we've missed him.

Nige said he’d had a couple of little set backs but trained fully on Tuesday. 

• Like 1

I thought COD might make the bench today...

Without wishing to cast aspersions or create unfair speculation - wasn't this injury initially described as a "knock"? I confess, I don't follow players' injuries as close as others might, but this seems to have been going on a bit. Will there be full disclosure at some stage as to what's happened? I understand there might be a desire to keep some information confidential, I'm just not sure about such protocols.  

5 minutes ago, Casualobserver said:

I thought COD might make the bench today...

Without wishing to cast aspersions or create unfair speculation - wasn't this injury initially described as a "knock"? I confess, I don't follow players' injuries as close as others might, but this seems to have been going on a bit. Will there be full disclosure at some stage as to what's happened? I understand there might be a desire to keep some information confidential, I'm just not sure about such protocols.  

He's got to wait his turn hasn't he?  Others ahead of him from a "waiting for their chance" perspective....and NIge has rules!

• Like 1

So for now we take the injury list as Conway, Cundy and Baker. Hopefully Vyner, Scott and King’s absences yesterday were rotation and HNM and Weimann were just a bit fatigued at the end of yesterday.

We’ll know more next Saturday, nice long break for the lads after yesterdays heroics. COYR!

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

So for now we take the injury list as Conway, Cundy and Baker. Hopefully Vyner, Scott and King’s absences yesterday were rotation and HNM and Weimann were just a bit fatigued at the end of yesterday.

We’ll know more next Saturday, nice long break for the lads after yesterdays heroics. COYR!

King had a tight thigh from Wednesday.