IGNORED

THE INJURED LIST 2021-22

Mr Popodopolous

On 07/11/2021 at 14:58, REDOXO said:

I was quite literally nauseous at the end yesterday. And am completely crest fallen this morning. Of everything we have witnessed this season that was the low point SO FAR!!!

Anyway I keep reading Pearson doesn’t know his best team. 

Just to keep up with the injury list

williams

Semenyo

Baker

king

James

atkinson

Cundy

Conway

Anyone else?

I believe things are looking a bit rosier now regarding injuries. A win against Blackburn on Saturday to truly put the Cov debacle behind us and things will be sweet once more. 

As OTIB understands it:

King

James

Cundy

Tanner

is our injured list. So some names we will miss for sure but at least we've cut it to four. COYR.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Couple new niggles for the injury list after our important win against Stoke gave us breathing room. Great result. COYR.

Cundy

Baker (New, seems mild)

Tanner

James (Soon)

King

Williams (New, seems mild)

Unfortunate to see one area, central midfield, hit so hard. Plus side, Ty is in form and Han is ready to go. Fingers crossed one of James or Williams pop up on the Sunday team sheet.

Following that very disappointing performance against Sheffield U:

Cundy

Baker - Get well soon Bakes.

Tanner

James

King

Williams

Hope for some returns prior to next Saturday. It’s a big one at home to Derby. We go in with some actual home form, 7 points from 3, and need to take 3 more. The players are going to need us, so let’s forget today’s crap and be ready for a big day at AG. COYR.

Injuries not looking to bad for our trip to Hull tomorrow. Info on returns taken from Nige's 20 odd minute press conference.

Cundy - Being careful with a knee injury, may be a bit more time.

Baker - Seeing consultants next week, following all protocol with head injury. No time frame.

Tanner - Next week or two.

King - Next week or two. Full training.

Williams - Not much info but I don't personally think we're seeing him until January at earliest.

I noticed O'Dowda moving very gingerly prior to being subbed against Derby, hopefully nothing serious there.

COYR!

• Thanks 2

Tanner’s fit again which is very good, but on James’ second game back was he looking a bit tentative at the end? Well he scored regardless! Hopefully just fatigue and nothing to worry about. Scott similarly is hopefully just a knock and will be back next Saturday, fingers crossed. Which leaves us with:

Cundy

Baker

King

Williams

So pretty good overall! No shock Nige’s trusted medics are doing a world better than Ashton’s mates (I know, I know, let it go). 

Just now, BCFCGav said:

Tanner’s fit again which is very good, but on James’ second game back was he looking a bit tentative at the end? Well he scored regardless! Hopefully just fatigue and nothing to worry about. Scott similarly is hopefully just a knock and will be back next Saturday, fingers crossed. Which leaves us with:

Cundy

Baker

King

Williams

So pretty good overall! No shock Nige’s trusted medics are doing a world better than Ashton’s mates (I know, I know, let it go). 

In the Bristol Post after-match interview it was suggested James was cramping up.  King will be able to be included next week I reckon, but good thing we have a full week before games, then eight days til Boxing Day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Disappointing result, though maybe our best display in attack? Unpopular opinion perhaps. Defence was a shambles mind.

Baker - career threatening. All the best Bakes.

Cundy - soon.

King - soon.

Williams

O’Dowda

So the new addition in O’Dowda. Surely Pring is a ready made replacement? Thought the Benarous call odd yesterday. Onto Luton away, Covid permitting. COYR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Disappointing result, though maybe our best display in attack? Unpopular opinion perhaps. Defence was a shambles mind.

Baker - career threatening. All the best Bakes.

Cundy - soon.

King - soon.

Williams

O’Dowda

So the new addition in O’Dowda. Surely Pring is a ready made replacement? Thought the Benarous call odd yesterday. Onto Luton away, Covid permitting. COYR.

Made that point last night.  Thought we were very creative at times.  Take their soft penalty out of the chances they had and the xG shows us as win/draw, not defeat.  Our defence let us down, in some weeks they’ve saved us.

• Like 3

Short and sweet as I need to go and scream into my pillow and then dream of head butting that muppet referee.

Baker

Cundy

Williams 

King - one match ban.

Tanner and Semenyo both off injured today, Tanner’s looking worse as it was so innocuous. Fingers crossed we see both on Sunday, or Semenyo at the least.

I’m not sure why I do these game by game updates, but it’s been a few months now and no one has told me to piss off so I’ll continue. 

Baker

Cundy - should be fit now?

Williams

Tanner

So four players. Aka a perfectly standard injury list. A world better than the nonsense of last season (Nige’s boys doing well). 

Fulham in the cup next weekend, so a good chance to wrap some key players in cotton wool til we resume league action (James? Weimann? We shall see). Great result today. COYR.

• Thanks 1

I come from peace in Leicester. Lots of love to Bristol City everyone's 2nd team in Leicester atm; very envious of you lot having my fav manager off all time.

Really random question about injuries. Have you noticed a big improvement since NP and Dave Rennie came on board. Our injury record under both was exceptional, and 2016 was the best year for injuries a club has had.

Since then BR has come in sacked Rennie and managed to end up in scenario where we only have 8 fit outfielders. Trying to work out how much of it is luck or not. Am interested to see how the injury situation is at Bristol City.

When NP managed us in the championship he was always really careful to avoid overplaying players (always had a rogue team on new year's day)

• Like 2

No new injuries that we KNOW of, but I don’t like the random absence of James today (or Bakinson for that matter). Scott and Atkinson both in the wars today but ok I think. So…

Baker - still no idea.

Cundy - played for U23’s.

Tanner - 2 months plus, big shame.

Williams - training.

James and Bakinson - rested we hope.

Good performance today, just wasteful. COYR.

Edited by BCFCGav

14 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

No new injuries that we KNOW of, but I don’t like the random absence of James today (or Bakinson for that matter). Scott and Atkinson both in the wars today but ok I think. So…

Baker - still no idea.

Williams - training.

Good performance today, just wasteful. COYR.

Bakinson covid

• Thanks 1

On 08/01/2022 at 16:12, BCFCGav said:

Baker - still no idea.

Williams - training.

I really do worry for Baker. I said at the time of the 2nd concussion that it could be career threatening. Even in boxing, 2 KO's and they question the fighters future. Baker had 2 in a short space of time, could be serious worries. Real shame I really love his attitude when he plays.

Cundy got 45 minutes I believe. Frustrating, but great that the medical staff look in no hurry to rush him back and are looking long term. Possibly another couple of U23 run outs before he makes the bench.

Tanner has a tear, but not having an Op. I guess he could be back for the run in, but rather not see him rushed back either.

Williams must be near an U23's run. Be great to see him get some games soon.

Bakinson, as has been said COVID, so available next Saturday I would think.

James must have been rested, hope so at least. The midfield options look decent with James, King and Masengo.

• Thanks 1

On 09/01/2022 at 22:13, 1960maaan said:

I really do worry for Baker. I said at the time of the 2nd concussion that it could be career threatening. Even in boxing, 2 KO's and they question the fighters future. Baker had 2 in a short space of time, could be serious worries. Real shame I really love his attitude when he plays.

Cundy got 45 minutes I believe. Frustrating, but great that the medical staff look in no hurry to rush him back and are looking long term. Possibly another couple of U23 run outs before he makes the bench.

Tanner has a tear, but not having an Op. I guess he could be back for the run in, but rather not see him rushed back either.

Williams must be near an U23's run. Be great to see him get some games soon.

Bakinson, as has been said COVID, so available next Saturday I would think.

James must have been rested, hope so at least. The midfield options look decent with James, King and Masengo.

James - NP has confirmed he has a recurrence of the foot injury sustained against Barnsley. 

Weekly round up after the tricky match yesterday. Not that yesterday matters, because it’s Cardiff next Saturday and I for one can’t bloody wait. Bring it on.

Baker - still no idea.

Williams - training.

James - reoccurrence of a foot injury.

Towler - reoccurrence of a back injury as per Fevs.

I can only really see James and Williams being potentially back in the fold in time for the Severnside. James the more likely of the two. We shall see. COYR

• Thanks 1

On 16/01/2022 at 18:08, BCFCGav said:

Weekly round up after the tricky match yesterday. Not that yesterday matters, because it’s Cardiff next Saturday and I for one can’t bloody wait. Bring it on.

Baker - still no idea.

Williams - training.

James - reoccurrence of a foot injury.

Towler - reoccurrence of a back injury as per Fevs.

I can only really see James and Williams being potentially back in the fold in time for the Severnside. James the more likely of the two. We shall see. COYR

Nathan Baker update is not good news, he is unlikely to feature again this season: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-manager-nigel-pearson-6507286

Well usually having to add two players to our injury list after they were both dragged off before half time would make me miserable. But a combination of being able to remove Joe Williams from said list, and a certain derby win, mean I feel just dandy. 

Baker

Cundy 

Atkinson - new back injury. 

Towler

Tanner

James

King

I think Cundy and James are close, and hopefully King and Atkinson are only mild. Hopefully get a boost from seeing some of them involved on Tuesday.

Safety looking pretty nailed on, so no real pressure to rush anyone back. Massive win yesterday. COYR

• Thanks 1

No new injuries from our unlucky trip to Luton. Onwards and upwards!

Baker

Cundy 

Atkinson

Towler

Tanner

James

King

The signing of Klose (wilkommen!) eases the pressures of no Bakes or Atkinson, with the added good news that Atkinson just has a mild back spasm and shouldn’t be gone long. Hopefully see one of him or Matty James against a tricky PNE on Saturday. COYR