IGNORED

THE INJURED LIST 2021-22

Mr Popodopolous

Nigel Pearson provided an injury update ahead of Saturday’s trip to the Vitality Stadium to take on Bournemouth (3pm).

The City manager told Robins TV that Alex Scott is in contention to face the Cherries this weekend after recovering from an ankle knock. However, Antoine Semenyo will remain side-lined with Pearson not putting a timeframe on the striker’s recovery from a knee injury.

“Alex will be fine,” Pearson continued, “Antoine was looking forward to his international call-up so that was a bit of a blow for him. Again, he’s a player that has made good progress in terms of how he is feeling now compared to when he first did it, so it’s a wait and see on him. But it is the knee that he had problem with earlier in the season, we’ll reserve judgement in terms of how quickly he’ll be back with us.”

Pearson also spoke about Joe Williams being back to the grass and his expected return to the midfield in the coming weeks.

“Joe is making really good progress. He has been out on the grass again, so hopefully we might see him back for the Peterborough game and if not then the week after,” said Pearson.

City will likely be without defender Tomas Kalas as he continues his recovery with Pearson adding: “Tomas is making good progress as well, but as I pointed out before it’s something that he has been aware of quite a long while so we’ll monitor that and hopefully he’ll be back soon.”

George Tanner has returned to full first team training, whilst Callum O’Dowda (knee) and Andy King (hamstring) continue their rehabilitation from their respective injuries.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Nigel Pearson provided an injury update ahead of Saturday’s trip to the Vitality Stadium to take on Bournemouth (3pm).

The City manager told Robins TV that Alex Scott is in contention to face the Cherries this weekend after recovering from an ankle knock. However, Antoine Semenyo will remain side-lined with Pearson not putting a timeframe on the striker’s recovery from a knee injury.

“Alex will be fine,” Pearson continued, “Antoine was looking forward to his international call-up so that was a bit of a blow for him. Again, he’s a player that has made good progress in terms of how he is feeling now compared to when he first did it, so it’s a wait and see on him. But it is the knee that he had problem with earlier in the season, we’ll reserve judgement in terms of how quickly he’ll be back with us.”

Pearson also spoke about Joe Williams being back to the grass and his expected return to the midfield in the coming weeks.

“Joe is making really good progress. He has been out on the grass again, so hopefully we might see him back for the Peterborough game and if not then the week after,” said Pearson.

City will likely be without defender Tomas Kalas as he continues his recovery with Pearson adding: “Tomas is making good progress as well, but as I pointed out before it’s something that he has been aware of quite a long while so we’ll monitor that and hopefully he’ll be back soon.”

George Tanner has returned to full first team training, whilst Callum O’Dowda (knee) and Andy King (hamstring) continue their rehabilitation from their respective injuries.

Updates on all of our known injuries barring Baker, Towler and Palmer. But given the severity of Baker’s, Towler’s age and Palmer’s exile I doubt we’ll be seeing any of those three this season. We may not see Baker or Palmer pull on City red again sadly. Great news about Tanner and Scott though. Wonder if they’ll start Saturday.

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Updates on all of our known injuries barring Baker, Towler and Palmer. But given the severity of Baker’s, Towler’s age and Palmer’s exile I doubt we’ll be seeing any of those three this season. We may not see Baker or Palmer pull on City red again sadly. Great news about Tanner and Scott though. Wonder if they’ll start Saturday.

Think Scott will certainly feature in the squad, not so sure about Tanner.

City have welcomed back injured trio Antoine Semenyo, Andy King and Callum O’Dowda to full training ahead of Saturday’s Championship visit of Peterborough United.

Footage from the Robins High Performance Centre posted on the club’s YouTube channel shows Semenyo, King and O’Dowda all engaging in drills and being put through physical exercises with the rest of the first-team squad.

33 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

City have welcomed back injured trio Antoine Semenyo, Andy King and Callum O’Dowda to full training ahead of Saturday’s Championship visit of Peterborough United.

Footage from the Robins High Performance Centre posted on the club’s YouTube channel shows Semenyo, King and O’Dowda all engaging in drills and being put through physical exercises with the rest of the first-team squad.

Just read that….guess we will find out in the media stuff later whether they’ve returned to “full” training or whether the video was more “warm-up”, light stuff.

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

King

Williams

Palmer

O’Dowda

Semenyo

This is where we currently stand in terms of injuries, but as mentioned the Bristol Post seem to think we could see as many as 5 back this Saturday. But they seem to be basing that solely off players appearing in the latest Robins Uncut. I think there's a chance we see Tanner, Williams and Semenyo return to the squad but have doubts over King and O'Dowda. Whoever is back, we REALLY need a win to cheer. Let's back them to the hilt, pretty soon the season will be done and we'll all be bored again. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just read that….guess we will find out in the media stuff later whether they’ve returned to “full” training or whether the video was more “warm-up”, light stuff.

Yes NP hopefully elaborate in the presser I don’t however think we will see many of them in the squad for Saturday,  perhaps Tanner and maybe Williams.

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

Yes NP hopefully elaborate in the presser I don’t however think we will see many of them in the squad for Saturday,  perhaps Tanner and maybe Williams.

Just seen this on the OS https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/pearson-gives-squad-update/

Williams and Semenyo the only two that will be in the squad for Posh. 

• Like 1

Kalas

Baker

Cundy?

Towler

Tanner 

King

Palmer

O’Dowda

Sky's match report suggested Cundy was changed through injury. I thought it was tactical, so they may be wrong. I'd anticipate seeing a return or two on Friday regardless.

Speaking of Friday, that SHOULD be the day we become mathematically safe. If we win it's guaranteed, if we draw and Barnsley fail to win it's guaranteed, and if we and Barnsley both lose it's guaranteed. Line-ups may become interesting then, it'll be a good chance to hand out starts to Benarous, Conway, Bell, maybe even the likes of Owers and Idehen. We need a result soon. Everything will feel much rosier when that happens. COYR. 

• Thanks 1

And breathe. A frankly rough season at times but we’re over the line and safe. Good job all, now let’s make some money in the summer. No new injuries and Tanner, King and O’Dowda are all getting there. 

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

King

Palmer

O’Dowda

• Thanks 1

The first of our ‘dead rubbers’ starts with a good draw against Sheffield U, BUT, there always has to be a but. Two new injuries. Both rightly subbed, no point taking chances on players now.

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

Dasilva

Palmer

O’Dowda

Semenyo

Fingers crossed Jay and Ants are ok soon.

Edited by BCFCGav
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A victory by 2 clear goals and a bloody enjoyable day. Well done to the team and Nige. Weimann is something else.

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

Dasilva

Scott

Palmer

O’Dowda

A broken nose for young Alex, so no long term ramifications but he’ll be sore for a while! I don’t think anyone would be too gutted to see him rested for the remainder of this season, he’s played a mammoth amount for a lad his age. Pretty confident Tanner, Dasilva or O’Dowda (or a combo) will reappear for Hull next Saturday. COYR.

Edited by BCFCGav
  • Thanks 1

Well Saturday was a bit good wasn’t it. Weimann’s second is right up there… one of my best live City goals. Maybe the best. If we can keep WSM together, maybe next season could be a bit exciting?…

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

Palmer

O’Dowda

One to go. Of the players stricken, I only really think Kalas, Towler and Tanner have futures here. I’d be surprised if we saw any of the others again. It’d be nice to see Tanner or Kalas next week but I’d imagine it’ll be next season now. COYR.

15 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Well Saturday was a bit good wasn’t it. Weimann’s second is right up there… one of my best live City goals. Maybe the best. If we can keep WSM together, maybe next season could be a bit exciting?…

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

Palmer

O’Dowda

One to go. Of the players stricken, I only really think Kalas, Towler and Tanner have futures here. I’d be surprised if we saw any of the others again. It’d be nice to see Tanner or Kalas next week but I’d imagine it’ll be next season now. COYR.

Think O’Dowda and Tanner are deemed fit, just not in 18.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

Palmer

O’Dowda

I'm not convinced about Towler. Obviously a decent footballer, but I question his physicality for CB. Did start well for Grimsby TBF.
Kalas is an odd one, one of the best defenders here, but we've improved without him and he does have some possible market value.
Depends how the market shapes up.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Think O’Dowda and Tanner are deemed fit, just not in 18.

I really hope he gives Tanner a half next week, not least because Scott hasn't looked 100% recently. But also he could be our starting RB/RWB next year. 
Then I guess the Blackburn games gives us a reset ready for the summer.

Final update from a season I would call successful. Safe at a canter in the end. Some torrid lows, absolutely, but some really great highs too. And our surprisingly ferocious attack!

But it wouldn’t be a match day without some new injuries to mention!

Kalas - can’t be far off. I’m sure he’ll be fine for next season, be that here or elsewhere!

Cundy - looked like he felt his hammy tighten up. Nothing too serious I’d imagine. 

Baker - probably a medical retirement I’d imagine. All the best Bakes.

Williams - precautionary rest with a tight achilles. Shouldn’t be an issue by our next match day!

Benarous - ACL done in training. Bit of a sickener this one. He’ll be back stronger.

Palmer - I’ve no idea. Probably off anyway. 

O’Dowda - Ditto Palmer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was unpinned