IGNORED

THE INJURED LIST 2021-22

Mr Popodopolous

On 18/09/2021 at 14:40, Casualobserver said:

I thought COD might make the bench today...

Without wishing to cast aspersions or create unfair speculation - wasn't this injury initially described as a "knock"? I confess, I don't follow players' injuries as close as others might, but this seems to have been going on a bit. Will there be full disclosure at some stage as to what's happened? I understand there might be a desire to keep some information confidential, I'm just not sure about such protocols.  

It was an impact injury in the game against Blackpool (should have been a penalty). At the time he looked to be almost in tears and I feared for him that it was likely to be long term, but he's been back in full training for a while and so seemingly isn't impressing Nige?

• Like 1

So far:

Confirmed

• Cundy
  • Massengo
  • Conway

Remains to be seen

• Baker
  • DaSilva
  • Williams
  • Semenyo
  • Wells

Could be in trouble if this starts to flare up again, not like our squad is all that deep. 3 first team and 3 first reserve could be out as it stands.

Add in the fact that Martin being played into the ground makes for a bad scenario and King being 34 shouldn't/won't be expected week in and week out from the start. Scott wouldn't have that concern but he's 17 so how often would we want to play him from the start.

The international break will buy some time for recoveries.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

Dunno about 100%, Conway's status doesn't seem ideal though we haven't heard much for a while and posts on here didn't indicate positivity about a swift return for Massengo but this break if allied with the correct medical care, strength and conditioning will help absolutely- both those whoa re on their way and maybe some who are a bit in and out due to injury- we've not heard about Cundy for a while either?

43 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Dunno about 100%, Conway's status doesn't seem ideal though we haven't heard much for a while and posts on here didn't indicate positivity about a swift return for Massengo but this break if allied with the correct medical care, strength and conditioning will help absolutely- both those whoa re on their way and maybe some who are a bit in and out due to injury- we've not heard about Cundy for a while either?

Conway in last week’s training / fitness video…so he’s at least getting back to doing stuff the rest of the squad are.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Just seen this on Twitter...

Nigel Pearson has confirmed that all of Bristol City's previously injured first-team players, bar Antoine Semenyo, have returned to training and are in contention to play against Bournemouth on Saturday.

Forgot the link to the page ?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-injury-massengo-baker-6059367

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Just seen this on Twitter...

Nigel Pearson has confirmed that all of Bristol City's previously injured first-team players, bar Antoine Semenyo, have returned to training and are in contention to play against Bournemouth on Saturday.

Amazing news. I take it that’s everyone barring Cundy and Conway (and Antoine as stated). Great news ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Amazing news. I take it that’s everyone barring Cundy and Conway (and Antoine as stated). Great news ?

Another bit from the piece.

"We're getting there. The only ones are Robbie Cundy, who has this long-term knee issue which is still a bit grumbly at the moment; Antoine, we're protecting his knee - it just needs a bit more time; Tommy's doing really well and I would think he'll be back out on the grass in the next week or two. He's way ahead of schedule.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

NP said Williams, Conway and Semenyo all back on the grass next week. Difference between back on the grass and match fit of course.

King not back until December- no mention of Baker or Cundy.

Baker out tomorrow, might be back next week, seeing as he hasn’t yet returned to training (might be back in today according to Nige), the concussion protocols mean he’s very unlikely to be ready until next weekend.

Conway and Williams due back Monday, Antoine Tuesday / Wednesday.  Back on the grass means ready to undertake proper training.  Whether that’s ready for selection will depend on the individual, how long they’ve been out etc.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Thanks 1

I was quite literally nauseous at the end yesterday. And am completely crest fallen this morning. Of everything we have witnessed this season that was the low point SO FAR!!!

Anyway I keep reading Pearson doesn’t know his best team. 

Just to keep up with the injury list

williams

Semenyo

Baker

king

James

atkinson

Cundy

Conway

Anyone else?