IGNORED

THE INJURED LIST 2021-22

Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Semenyo went off injured today I believe? Let's hope it is not too serious or lengthy, he gives us a real added dimension to our play and attack.

He went off on 32 minutes, and came back on after 32 1/2 minutes after a bit of “magic sponge”. ?

• Thanks 1

Another disappointing one yesterday, but we know change comes with some crap along the way. Fwiw, I fancy a (dare I say it) comfortable enough win on Wednesday. The following players may be unavailable though:

Bentley

Tanner

Baker

Atkinson

Towler

James

King

Bentley may be recovered from Covid by then, but I don’t expect to see any others. Certainly not King or Baker.

Time to put some points on the board. COYR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Another disappointing one yesterday, but we know change comes with some crap along the way. Fwiw, I fancy a (dare I say it) comfortable enough win on Wednesday. The following players may be unavailable though:

Bentley

Tanner

Baker

Atkinson

Towler

James

King

Palmer

Bentley may be recovered from Covid by then, but I don’t expect to see any others. Certainly not King or Baker.

Time to put some points on the board. COYR.

Edit to add Palmer. Vyner in CM is an option, and one we may need with James, King and Palmer now out, and Scott occasionally needed elsewhere. Pray Joe Williams stays fit.

• Thanks 1

Well we won, but I aged about a decade. 17 points clear. All done? Anyway:

Tanner

Baker

Atkinson

Towler

James

King

Massengo

Palmer

O’Dowda

Wells

It’s getting a bit long again. Massengo sounds very mild, hopefully we’ll see him Sunday. O’Dowda‘s looked pretty safe too. Wells has Covid so hopefully not long to wait there. 

I thought Matty James’ was nothing much serious but it’s been a while now hasn’t it?

Let’s see a few back this month please Mr. Rennie ?

• Thanks 1

Really frustrating one on Sunday, felt by us all and clearly the manager too. I think we'll be seeing some changes in the defensive line over the coming weeks but we are a little hamstrung (sorry) in our options:

O'Leary

Tanner

Baker

Atkinson

Towler

James

King

Palmer

O’Dowda

A new injury in O'Leary, but Massengo and Wells both returned. We'll see how we shape up on Saturday. Be lovely to see a return from Atkinson, Tanner or James. 

• Thanks 1

That for me was the result of the season on Saturday. I'm an optimistic guy but I had that down as a draw at best, what a fitting tribute it was to win in front of the 8. All round, what an excellent day. And with no new injuries! Though we are warned Williams will likely be given a rest on Tuesday, smart management from Nige and the team. 

O'Leary

Tanner - I've heard end of Feb.

Baker

Atkinson - I've heard end of Feb.

Towler

James

King

Palmer

O’Dowda

Great result, safety all but assured and some good players close to a return. I think we can do something we rarely get to do as City supporters, relax. 

• Thanks 1

Back to back losses this week so not a very fun one, but we’re 17 points clear despite a few of the relegation teams nicking odd results. Birmingham next Saturday, I fancy we will give them a game. The following may not though:

O'Leary

Tanner - I've heard end of Feb.

Baker

Kalas

Atkinson - I've heard end of Feb.

Towler

King

Palmer

O’Dowda

Well we got Matty back but lost Kalas! Hopefully good news from the club soon. COYR.

• Thanks 1

Another bloody annoying one yesterday, we've tended to win the games where we're 'due' a win this season but not this time. I appreciate the financial constraints are tight and this was always a 'rebuild' year where staying up is enough, and it's pretty nailed on we will. Still, since our barnstorming start under Dean in August 2020 I don't think we've been in good form at any time. We've been a difficult club to support but support we do. Anyway, rambling over, here's the update after the defeat and before HOPEFULLY a stop-the-rot battling draw with Blackburn next Saturday (far easier said than done...).

Tanner

Baker

Towler

King

Palmer

O’Dowda

Klose

A hat-trick of returns is a rare bit of good news, with Max, Kalas and Atkinson all fit for yesterday. We did lose Klose though, hopefully just a knock. Roll on next Saturday, give us something to cheer boys.

How nice is it to play a team missing key players and struggling for goals, and actually continue their woes? Especially when said team is 4th. Get in there. Forza Andi Weimann, City legend.

O’Leary

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

King

Palmer

O’Dowda

Happy days. COYR.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Max is presumably still suffering from that whack he got that got him subbed v Swansea?

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I guess so, but he was back on the bench last week v Brum.

Yea I admit O'Leary's injury was an assumption on my part, I haven't heard anything. I figure Max having aggravated that knock from the Swansea game more likely than it just being about giving HWR the bench experience?

• Thanks 1

O’Leary

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

King

Williams

Palmer

Scott

O’Dowda

Semenyo

******* crap tonight. The only good news that can come out of it is good news on Semenyo and Scott’s injuries. Sadly I’d imagine Williams’ season is over. 11 injured players by the way. Physios sort it out. 

Edited by BCFCGav

Great news from Nigel's presser today, Antoine and Alex are fine, and Williams is only gonna be 3 weeks out (much better than the alternative). O'Leary and Benarous confirmed Covid.

O’Leary

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

King

Williams

Palmer

Benarous

O’Dowda

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Press conference: re Williams - it isn’t as bad as it’s the hamstring rather than the tendon.  Seem to recall Pisano ripped the hamstring off the bone.  If Joe had issues with the tendon part of the hamstring, you can see why it’s been bad.

image.thumb.png.a9952fd3910b9ae472b8b6523cfbe118.png

A physio once told me the closer to the top or bottom of a hamstring you strain, the worse it is.  Better to get your strain in the middle.  That makes a bit of sense I guess.

Think I’m all done with this season. Let me know when we’re mathematically safe someone. Also, Bristol Post, don’t say people are fit to play if they aren’t a la Alex Scott. Your source is shit and so are you. I’m not in a very good mood.

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

King

Williams

Palmer

Scott

O’Dowda

Semenyo

33 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Think I’m all done with this season. Let me know when we’re mathematically safe someone. Also, Bristol Post, don’t say people are fit to play if they aren’t a la Alex Scott. Your source is shit and so are you. I’m not in a very good mood.

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

King

Williams

Palmer

Scott

O’Dowda

Semenyo

Scott allegedly was fit (at time of press conference), then pulled up in training…

34 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Sums the week up ? I noticed Semenyo went straight to the bench rather than down the tunnel, so fingers crossed not much in that.

Just heard Pearson’s pre-match interview….looks like they tried him in training and he wasn’t as ok as they thought.