IGNORED

Nigel Pearson on Sounds of the City

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Opposition wasn't  exactly demanding.............except Celtic & Villa, against whom we scored a big fat zero?   ? 

Granted….it’s more the point of people jumping on 0 goals v Villa, ignoring that we actually created a lot….we didn’t execute admittedly, nor did we get two pens either.

As a fan base / forum, we are “one game knee-jerkers” aren’t we?

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Opposition wasn't  exactly demanding.............except Celtic & Villa, against whom we scored a big fat zero?   ? 

No real concern in not scoring in our first pre-season game of the season against a Celtic side who were much further along in their season prep than us or against a Villa side with the 7th best defence in the prem last year is there?? (we get given either of those stone wall pens against Villa and we all look at this very differently?)

Nige sees preseason games as ‘training matches’. They’re an opportunity to give all the squad game time, hence the many changes in lines ups.

The results don’t mean anything either but as some posters point out City didn’t score against Celtic in a 0-0 draw forgetting that Celtic were at least three weeks ahead of us in preparation for an upcoming Champions League match.

Didn't score against Villa  either - a PL side but created several chances. No big deal.

The real stuff against Blackpool and I daresay that Nige has a matchday squad and starting 11 in mind already,

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Granted….it’s more the point of people jumping on 0 goals v Villa, ignoring that we actually created a lot….we didn’t execute admittedly, nor did we get two pens either.

I totally agree about knee jerk syndrome, which appears regularly every  Saturday afternoon on here Ha!.     However, as you  say " We created a lot"  but the problem that i believe  might continue, is our failure to make that net bulge?   Hope i am wrong? ?                            

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Think you're overstating by about 45 minutes Dave. 

Football club and BS has been backed in terms of infrastructure now need to deliver in the pitch.  Style of play and identity for the fans. Not into tippy tappy - want an aggressive team and find a way of winning. Lost far too many games last year and amazing we stayed up. Behaviours needed to change and have. 

Archived