IGNORED

Nigel Pearson on Sounds of the City

Just now, Supersonic Robin said:

I liked NP's comments on "only bringing in players that will actually improve us".

Sounds obvious, but feels like something we've frequently made mistakes with in the recent past

What - no clubs in the bag? ?

If we get it right here it could really take off and that excites  

Observes a lot rather than coaching and when he is coaching he wants to give clear messages. Working with people here so it’s about how you deal with people as well as the technical stuff.

Clarity is important, having belief in your people and giving guidance.

Players also need to own the leadership of the team and will look to provide opportunities.  

"I am not one of these tippy tappy people, not into that."

"I want a hard working, aggressive team who look as if they're bothered".

Matty James is the best midfielder he's worked with.

Re: Kalas, he did mention him as an after-thought when talking Centre Backs but I can't see how this would be because he "doesn't rate him". 

Top teams who have come down will have a lot of pressure on them.  Most important thing is not to concentrate on other teams though - need to concentrate on ourselves.  Will be a tough year but hopeful. 

No ‘blocks of ten’ - it’s where we are after every game that matters. 

Tough and relentless league - Blackpool will not be easy but we need to make sure that we are fit enough and focused enough and work hard enough to give people a game. 

Won’t reveal skipper yet. Will probably name team on Friday to the players.  Sometimes works to name teams late - especially with younger players. Early announcement helps sulkers get over themselves ?but doesn’t think we have that problem now. 

Good to see our boys in the Euros. Wasn’t taken in by the bluster of England team but good to see them do well. 

7 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

"I am not one of these tippy tappy people, not into that."

"I want a hard working, aggressive team who look as if they're bothered".

Matty James is the best midfielder he's worked with.

Re: Kalas, he did mention him as an after-thought when talking Centre Backs but I can't see how this would be because he "doesn't rate him". 

No he definitely didn’t say he ‘didn’t rate him’ but he did wax lyrical about RA and NB. May be just the way the interview went and no need to look into it but my point was he was definitely an afterthought in this particular interview.  

5 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Is there a link? Top man (or woman) 

It will be on BBC i-player.

It was good & he did make me laugh in a few places but good as GT is, you don’t learn much once you’ve heard him interviewed a few times.

4 minutes ago, Desso said:

Regarding the captain question, I think NP will give it to Matty James. He knows him and trusts him.

If we assume Atkinson will partner Baker, and James and King will anchor the midfield then Bentley will captain the team.

59 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I liked NP's comments on "only bringing in players that will actually improve us".

Sounds obvious, but feels like something we've frequently made mistakes with in the recent past

Definitely against big squads and stated the reasons why - bit obvious but not to LJ & MA

Archived